Thoughts on Rebel team

Any ideas for a good rebel team? Im thinking storm trooper han as leader. Then admiral ackbar, luke, and hoth rebel soilder and scout.

Replies

• I think Biggs is a reasonable support especially alongside Luke to enable some big crits. I'd probably drop the Hoth Rebel Soldier for him. I also think Rebels will have pretty limited success without Leia on the squad (replacing Biggs, Ackbar, or Rebel Scout), but it's still worth trying.
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Might be better with Luke to reduce debuffs or Leia for a crit boost (if you had her at decent * level) as leader. Han's defense up above 50% health is meh. His and Hoth Scout's real advantage is in the turn meter manipulation.

Or even Akbar once they fix the leader speed buff bug not working in the first round?

Edit: I'd like to see a rebel synergy squad vs an Empire one since they both have "anti-the other" synergies.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Haven't seen any rebel teams in the high ranks. It's sad really because of the current system pretty much all other possibilities get over looked. Hope this gets fixed in the new update because who wants new characters if they a DOA?
  • Also, I wouldn't mine creating a empire team but, I haven't seen any so, I'm not going to use valuable resources for teams that are junk.
  • I am also thinking of an all sith team composed of vader (im like 5 shards away from having him), maul, savage and dooku
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I can see some Empire teams happening once there's a legit way to get Vader to 7* but currently you can't get him above 5* because of the game cap.

Along with General Veers, Grand Moff Tarkin and some of the no name toons like Royal Guard, and Stormtrooper or Snowtrooper (or when Palpatine, Stormtrooper Commander, Empire Officer and other toons currently only AI in PvE, get added as playables), you could assemble a pretty decent Empire team.

a3ziuo.png

2nvwcj5.png
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • * Leia (leader to gain crit chance)
    * Luke (he hit like a truck, but depends on critical shots. With Leia 2x buff and leadership it will work)
    * Biggs (very decent attacker)
    * Ackbar great to remove debuffs and can give a extra attack to one of your main damage dealer (Leia/Luke/Biggs)
    * A tank

I would't pic Han Solo. He has low health for a tank and no special synergies with rebels. You could have a very decent rebel squad with Poe addition in this case. He is not a rebel, but with Han your squad can't survive for 2 turns against top arena teams.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    All rebel seems legit its just that Leia is impossible to get.

Akbar/Luke/Han/Scout seems good though, could put poggle or geo or a healer in the 5th spot if you can't get Leia.
  • In my newb opinion the dark side with a few notable exceptions (Leia, Poe, Old Ben) have a much better synergy then the light side. Heck even from a I want to just play one side cause its badass the dark side wins.
  • Ackbar lead, with Han, Leia, Biggs, and Luke actually has great potential to be an awesome team. That being said, I've never seen anyone use it.
  • I tun that team except for lumi instead of leia, but if they are going to do the same for leia as they just did for qgj i will be farming her. I mostly hover between ranks 70-50
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I built a rebel team, ackbar, han, leia, scout, and luke. Waited until i had level 6 on ackbars leader. Found that ackbars leader doesnt work in the arena. Benched the rebel team.

Link for readers
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/4446/known-issues-and-topics-1-4-2016/p1
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Still building my rebel squad...more for fun, then anything else.....ackbar, leia, luke,biggs...han/poe....10 more days for ackbar to be 7* then I'll give it a go in arena for fun....using poe ofcourse. ....but it'll be a really good gw team for the early stages in GW......

Leia, fop,poe,dooku/maul, & sod or phasma as lead. Gets boring. ..

There really no reason to farm senergy specific team, unless your bored ....still have night sisters waiting cause there not very useful, like I had hoped...
  • Fighton
    308 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Oops..Dbl post