Question about arena

I'm still farely new at this game, so I was wondering, how does the arena system work in terms of attacking and being attacked.

Like, I've had it before where I couldn't attack somebody because they were already in battle. So, what happens if someone attacks me and then I try to attack someone else? Do you get a message saying you can't attack because your are already being attacked?

Also, sometimes, even if I'm in the number one position, I'll attack like 6-7 minutes before 6 so that I'll be in battle in case anyone tries take me out. I'll usually wait till like 30 seconds left before I end it. Does that actually work? Or do you just get like 5 minutes of protection from when you enter battle even if it only lasts 2 minutes?

Thanks for any help!!

Replies

• ObviouslyNot
    433 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    It pretty much works like it says. It will only tell you if someone is in battle. And yea it will tell you someone else is already battling you.

For example, if your payout is at 6:00. And you attack spot number #2 at 5:55, if the battle lasts 3 mins, then someone can still snipe you in the remaining 2 minutes until 6:00. The best thing to do is get the spot you want and time it so you are just sitting in battle from 5:55-6:00. Doing that will virtually lock everyone else out of your spot while you are in that battle.

Hope I helped, i'm not the best at explaining things.
  • Yep. If you are fighting someone or someone is fighting you, neither spot can be taken. To clarify that last response further, if multiple people are trying to take a spot, it might be be wise to leave some time. So, for example, if your payout is at 6:00 and you manage to enter battle at 5:55, you have guaranteed that you will take the spot since you can just wait out the full five minutes.

However, let's say your opponent enters at 5:54 and 50 seconds. Now, they can wait out the full five minutes and you only have 10 seconds after they finish to take the spot. So in anticipation of that, the next day you enter at 5:54 and 30 seconds. Now they only have 30 seconds to take the spot. And so on and so forth. Entering earlier before the five minute mark is a gamble.
  • No that was great! Thanks for the help, one more question though, say I'm rank one and so i fight rank 2 and lose, they don't get my rank 1 do they???
  • Stuey wrote: »
    No that was great! Thanks for the help, one more question though, say I'm rank one and so i fight rank 2 and lose, they don't get my rank 1 do they???

They don't. You can't drop rank by fighting someone.