Suggestion: Practice Squad

This is a suggestion to the developers that maybe some of you folks could endorse.

OK, love the game. I do all the daily stuff, GW, Arena, and spend all my energies. . . . then what? You literally cannot play the game anymore at that point.

For our time (and sometimes $) investment, I think we should be able to continue playing for the enjoyment of it.

My solution? The Practice Squad.

It pays nothing. No rewards, no experience, no energy depletion.

You pick from your characters for your squad, but can pick from any toons you want to go up against. Ever wonder what it would be like to go up against 5 Sids? Try it! Face 5 Fives? Bring it! Face an all scoundrel squad, all healers, etc.... This is a chance to hone strategies and have some fun, all without effecting any substantive aspect of the game.

What is the opposition to such a suggestion? It will not discourage any spending on the game--in fact, it would likely encourage someone to buy chromium packs, when experiencing all these new characters (kind of like borrowing a hero did).

Anyway, let me know if you think it's a good idea.

Replies

• GW, cantinas, arena, and LS/DS along with 2 refills each does not take much time at all. and there is nothing to do outside of that which sucks because i would like to do more. more pvp of sorts, and live battles not vsing a person's AI

At least lower the energy cost for missions so we can play more.
  • If you like to spend all the day playing, just avoid simulate battles. Try some low level battles with your level 20 toons and so. Play all of them. I am pretty sure you will play at least 8 hours in a day.

I think a internal chat would fill this lack of "what can I do now?" for players like you.

Maybe a "Replay Galactic War" with no prizes but against the same squads would be fine too.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • I like this idea, it wouldn't be difficult feature to integrate. Just change gw to be replayable without rewards.
  • I think the best feature is being able to select your opponent characters, one by one.

Again, no skin off the nose of EA. No rewards or game buffs given for the Practice Squad. Exposes players to different characters and will make them want to $pend.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I like this idea
  • This sounds like a worthwhile and entertaining proposition to me. I imagine that a practice arena wouldn't be overly difficult to implement, but considering the current state of the game, the developers will likely allocate their efforts toward correcting existing issues first before adding such a feature. Nonetheless, it would seemingly provide a great method for experimenting with diverse team builds under specific, predefined conditions.

In reference to one of your sentences, I believe the word "affecting" is the correct form given the context. The reason for this is because "affect" is almost always a verb, while "effect" is typically a noun. However, there are rare exceptions. You can "effect" or bring about positive change, or also display a particular emotional response, as in patients suffering from pseudobulbar "affect." Fortunately, the vast majority of cases encountered involve "affect" implying an influence being exerted, and "effect" pertaining to the actual result produced.

Normally I wouldn't say anything, but I saw a post where you corrected someone for using "your" instead of "you're." Even though the mistake is comparatively more readily apparent and elementary in nature, I thought you might appreciate a didactic, non-judgmental attempt at clarification.

By this point I'm beginning to question why I bothered typing the latter portion of this reply. My objective was not to construct a personal attack regarding proper grammatical/syntax application. Your previous post just caused me to contemplate the notion of correcting people in general. I would like to subscribe to the idea that most instances are fueled by a genuine desire to instill conventionally accepted knowledge in others, for the purpose of promoting a more "educated" populace, as opposed to strictly malicious or insulting agenda.

Regrettably, despite noble intentions or otherwise, this behavior inevitably opens the door for outside peers to scrutinize every subsequent action of your own. It's as if from that point on, you must operate without error or risk exposure to the wrath of "Grammar ****" and similar entities.

I realize that by laying forth these sentiments, in turn people may feel tempted to nitpick every single thing I type. Undoubtedly, numerous prospective candidates to criticism exist surrounding my writing style. For example, upon introspection, I would claim that I
    1. Frequently lack coherent organizational structure.
    2. Utilize adverbs perhaps far too often, in addition to words including "that," "of," and "for."
    3. Express ideas rooted in potentially misguided or illogical thought processes.

Among countless more eluding my limited investigative lens.

Where does one draw the line between choosing to intervene and staying silent? An indisputable assumption is that each individual possesses their own unique physical and intellectual skill set, spanning the expansive array of categories and facets present in today's world. Resultantly, situations regularly arise in which one person experiences a passionate impulse to "enlighten" another, guided by a firm, self-imposed commitment to beneficial public reform. While valiant and commendable in my humble opinion, I fear that doing so is inherently a double edged sword, carrying an invitation for others to ruthlessly identify perceived faults as they see fit.
  • Aaaaannnnddd.... yeah..... :*