Relevance of 5s?

So I've reached a point where I've got plenty of gear, but not sure who to boost up through the ranks - or where I want to take my teams. I'm looking at the clones right now; I have a decently geared and 7* Sarge, maxed Rex, and a 7* G8 5s. Now, with the availability of Echo and Cody, I'm wondering if it's worth investing in 5s - especially with Zetas now here.

I have pretty much every character (apart from the mad Rogue One tournament-only rewards) and I am toying with the idea of switching out and running a Clone team. But I'm under the impression that 5s is past his prime and not really worth investing in. I don't see that he needs to be in a Clone team to work well, which is why I'm looking at gearing him up.

I'm looking for general advice about him, rather than specifically in the context of a clone team - I also have a 7* Darth Maul and considering pouring effort and resource into a Palpatine-led Sith team, but that's another discussion entirely!

Replies

• Fives is good, if you can get his zeta he's god tier and especially if you do get him on a clone team or with General kenobi and I'm not sure about his ship but having a good crew for a ship couldn't hurt
  • 5+ Barris Zeta + general kenobi is a nightmare end game.
  • 5's is awesome, his ship is awesome too.
  • Thanks for the great advice here - I'm feeling that I basically underestimated 5s quite massively. I'll certainly be working on him now!
  • Fives has great hp and defense. Also his counter rate and dmg is very nice. He slows down on basic and call to assist on special. He is very good char so worth to max gier, level, stars and pick up some good mods eg. potency for slow downs and health/ protection/ speed. Under GK he is a taunter, so health and protection are farely required.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Crit. Chance and Crit Dmg mods are also nice especially when under JKA lead (+30% offense for the Clones) and his counter adds 50% dmg. If he critically hits, he can really make interesting damages.

Edit: and if the target has Speed Down, he hits twice.