Why does kylo keep using specials?

He did this to me many times. I don't attack him yet every turn he's aoeing my team.

Replies

• Amnor
    116 posts Member
    Did you use AoE? Or did he have DoT on him?
  • Amnor wrote: »

Aoe. 4 times in a row.
  • He has a skill that when he takes damage there's a chance to reset his ability cooldowns. That's how.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • He has a skill that when he takes damage there's a chance to reset his ability cooldowns. That's how.

Never attacked him. I know his skills my almost my whole team is first order.
  • Well, I have no idea then. Sorry and good luck!
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • If you counter attack him or if he takes damage from a DoT, his skills can reset aswell.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    He did this to me many times. I don't attack him yet every turn he's aoeing my team.

Yes, it seems to do that a lot. I always chalked it up to AI buff.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Do you have a counterattacker like Dooku on your squad? That's always an issue for me, since every time he aoe's my Dooku counterattacks and voila, reset cooldown.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Rolf wrote: »
    Do you have a counterattacker like Dooku on your squad? That's always an issue for me, since every time he aoe's my Dooku counterattacks and voila, reset cooldown.
    Rolf wrote: »

I do run kylo but never used his special to give him the counter. I did use Phasma Aoe but he dodged it. Aka never countered when he had his counter up.
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    To be fair, he does that only 45% of the time, and usually its a SID DOT fuelling it...
  • Either someone is counter attacking him or its just the AI being weird. I had one fight (it was a DS mission, not arena) where the last enemy alive was chewbacca. He went ape-**** all of a sudden and was rapidly alternating between roaring to heal himself for over 16,000 health, and then blasting my characters for 15,000-16,000. He went ham and attacked/buffed about 8 times in a row and quickly wiped my entire team. I wasn't even mad, it was just way too funny. I did the mission again and he didn't tweak and died in like 3 seconds. Good times
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Otar wrote: »
    To be fair, he does that only 45% of the time, and usually its a SID DOT fuelling it...

In GW he was seriously doing it with every attack and I was not using any attack, special, oe AOE that would effect him.
  • EM650 wrote: »
    Otar wrote: »

In GW he was seriously doing it with every attack and I was not using any attack, special, oe AOE that would effect him.

This has happened to me too. I think it's just an AI bug (it does the AOE a second time without checking for whether it is on CD).
  • Its not just you. I had a battle where he was using his specials every turn and I was sure that I didn't touch him in any way. Also, arena fight today, down to his Kylo and my 7 star gear 8 1/2 sid. Hes down to a sliver of health. I'm like "Oh I got this."

NOPE. He attacks, I take it. Sid's turn bar is almost full and I'm ready to finish him off....and his bar fills completely and he uses outrage to win. Tell me. How does a kylo outspeed a 7 star sid that is almost full on turn bar. I swear, Kylo is bugged when AI has him
  • He has a skill that gives him a good chance to reset cooldowns if he takes damage.

Best way to beat him is ignore him until near last or just ice him fast.
  • Either someone is counter attacking him or its just the AI being weird. I had one fight (it was a DS mission, not arena) where the last enemy alive was chewbacca. He went ape-**** all of a sudden and was rapidly alternating between roaring to heal himself for over 16,000 health, and then blasting my characters for 15,000-16,000. He went ham and attacked/buffed about 8 times in a row and quickly wiped my entire team. I wasn't even mad, it was just way too funny. I did the mission again and he didn't tweak and died in like 3 seconds. Good times

That's mission 5A hard.
    THat Chewbacca is rabid. Even with a combo of daka stun, dooku stun and sidious heal immunity that **** took like 2 minutes to take down.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Amnor wrote: »

This doesn't always trigger the bug the OP is mentioning... Some times uncommonly he will go into an odd mode where it keeps using hhis AOE turn after turn after turn without ever being hit by anyone on your team or dotted by anyone... It doesn't happen very often but I have seen it occur a number of times...

There is no phasma or assisting character helping him either
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!