Who attacks first in pvp?

So I don't understand this system at all. I thought the person with the highest speed would attack first but for some reason it will sometimes switch.

For example Wiggs is my fastest character and he always attacks first on my team but sometimes it will change to biggs or han but the thing is that they're all different speeds.

It's incredibly frustrating because I'm so use to pressing a button that I'm expecting to show up but it switches using an ability I didn't want to use and messing up my match resulting in a loss... It happens in completely random times.

So what's the determining factor for who attacks first if it's not speed?

Replies

• It is the speed the character has, Han is a fast character so it would make sense that he is faster, and the abilities can also change their speed
  • Yep Han is my fastest by about 20 speed but he's always 3rd... wedge is my 3rd fastest but he's always first so I assumed he was the fastest but turns out he's not and Leia is my 2nd fastest but she goes 4th.
  • Maybe a silly question but have you taken into account the speed bonus Wedge & Biggs get?
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    jonav1975 wrote: »
    Maybe a silly question but have you taken into account the speed bonus Wedge & Biggs get?

^^ this..... You can't just look at the speed stat you must also look at lead and unique abilities there are many that affect speed.
  • Silentwalker
    42 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Yeah even with the buff it still randomly selects who goes first, maybe biggs maybe lando or wedge. Just had a pvp fight with some droids and I checked to see who was faster and all my guys were quicker by a large margin. Average droid speed around 150 + 20 (no speed leader buff) my average is around 190 + 60.

Just tested it again with a really slow enemy team. Went last again. I don't get it...
  • MooFreaky
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    If the droids have a Jawa Engineer in the squad they get a speed buff from him even when he isn't the leader.

But I often get the same issue with inconsistent order. I run droids, and my Jawa Engi is easily the faster character and ALWAYS goes first. He then gives a TM boost to everyone. Then either IG88 or B2 go, and every game it can be either of them (even though they are different speeds). It's annoying as it is hard to plan for.

But perhaps with my issue it's because I boost their TM and then as they both max'd out it causes an issue
  • So I buffed up Hans speed and now he is at 200 + 70 base speed without leader buffs and using lando as leader so he is my fastest by far... But some how some way he was so slow that he never even got a turn in a pvp match I just had. Against boba lead, Qui-hon, Lando, Anikin and Han. He received no turn meter reduction too, no speed debuff or any debuff at all.

My slowest, went 4th.

There must be some other modifier that determines when an allies turn is because it can't be just speed alone.
  • msb14
    301 posts Member
    So I buffed up Hans speed and now he is at 200 + 70 base speed without leader buffs and using lando as leader so he is my fastest by far... But some how some way he was so slow that he never even got a turn in a pvp match I just had. Against boba lead, Qui-hon, Lando, Anikin and Han. He received no turn meter reduction too, no speed debuff or any debuff at all.

My slowest, went 4th.

There must be some other modifier that determines when an allies turn is because it can't be just speed alone.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say your Han is 200+70 base speed. His base speed is 126 if I'm not mistaken. It would take incredible mods to get him to 270. I'm not even sure it's possible. Are you maybe adding the mod bonuses twice? The first number is the character's total speed including mod bonuses. The number beside it in parentheses is just the mod bonus. Those two numbers don't get added together to calculate final speed.
  • It shows 200 (70) in the character window but 200 speed in the mod window without parenthesis. So what speed is he? Just 200 or 130.

God, mods just made things so confusing...
  • Silentwalker
    42 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I give up, speed and pvp makes 0 sense.

faster than the enemy team? Yep, Go first? Nope.
  • It shows 200 (70) in the character window but 200 speed in the mod window without parenthesis. So what speed is he? Just 200 or 130.

God, mods just made things so confusing...

He is 200 speed total, 70 of which he got from mods.

It's not rocket surgery.