Boba question

Kyno
32087 posts Moderator
Will the recurrence of the BH resolve get blocked by buff immunity?

Replies

• E00N
    147 posts Member
    Options
    nope
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ok thanks
  • Options
    Only thing to stop boba is to execute boba with another boba or kill him again before he gets the buff
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Only thing to stop boba is to execute boba with another boba or kill him again before he gets the buff

Execute with another Boba is the way to go.
  • Unimatrix010
    483 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    What is the proper way to handle boba if you don't have him yourself?
    I'm only lvl72 right now and often not sure how to handle him best. Bursting him down seems too dangerous since it's unlikely that I can kill him twice in one round. So I'd waste a round of attack because I can't reduce the enemy's power. Leaving him for last seems an option, but he hits very hard and ignores taunt - a nasty combination.

I'm running your usual wiggs, lando, etc. team without a disabler. So what would you guys suggest is the best strategy to handle Mr. Fett? Besides trying to dodge teams that run him.

I'm not complaining about his power here BTW. Not even saying I have a lot of issues handling him. Simply trying to learn something.
    Post edited by Unimatrix010 on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'm only lvl72 right now and often not sure his to handle him best. Bursting him down seems too dangerous since it's unlikely that I can kill him twice in one round. So I'd waste a round of attack because I can't reduce the enemy's power. Leaving him for last seems an option, but he hits very hard and ignores taunt - a nasty combination.

I'm running your usual wiggs, lando, etc. team without a disabler. So what would you guys suggest is the best strategy to handle Mr. Fett? Besides trying to dodge teams that run him.

I'm not complaining about his power here BTW. Not even saying I have a lot of issues handling him. Simply trying to learn something.

I usually deal with him as a secondary target. Primary being wiggs, palp, anakin and other.... then boba will be next. You gotta deal with unless you run a cleanser to deal with his ability block.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    I'm only lvl72 right now and often not sure his to handle him best. Bursting him down seems too dangerous since it's unlikely that I can kill him twice in one round. So I'd waste a round of attack because I can't reduce the enemy's power. Leaving him for last seems an option, but he hits very hard and ignores taunt - a nasty combination.

I usually deal with him as a secondary target. Primary being wiggs, palp, anakin and other.... then boba will be next. You gotta deal with unless you run a cleanser to deal with his ability block.

Yeah that's pretty much what I do as well. I just realized I'm having even more problems with him on my second account where I run an old Ben dodge team (lvl 65ish, still viable there, in transition to a igd team) because I have no burst. Since he's so fast, he mostly gets to ability block Ben, which can be a huge problem for me. The team is sturdy enough to take his damage for a couple turns but the recurring aoe ability blocks can really ruin my day.
  • Options
    He's not immune to taunt the second time around. Might be worth killing if it fits in your gameplan.
  • Options
    Osisiv wrote: »
    He's not immune to taunt the second time around. Might be worth killing if it fits in your gameplan.

Aha! So that comes with his buff, actually didn't know that. That should help, thanks a lot. I knew I was missing something obvious.
  • Options
    I fight full max Boba's pretty frequently. I usually treat him as a secondary target too. I don't kill him the first time until I'm sure I can kill him a second time before he can kill any of my toons to get his Mandalorian Resolve back. That usually means I go for him after EP, TFP, Ani, or Wedge, but sometimes before Biggs, and always before any remaining tanks.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Really? Because it is not worded that way.
  • Options
    Either kill him with your boba, or focus fire on him when your not in danger of losing a toon to him...
  • Options

Yes it is.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Yes it is.

It states that BH resolve has the benefit of ignoring taunt, it says nothing about it being the initial version or the second coming of the buff. From the way it's stated he should ignore taunt whenever he has BH Resolve.
  • Options

Yes it is.

It states that BH resolve has the benefit of ignoring taunt, it says nothing about it being the initial version or the second coming of the buff. From the way it's stated he should ignore taunt whenever he has BH Resolve.

That's what I'm saying. He ignores taunt as long as he has BH resolve.
  • Unimatrix010
    483 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Yes it is.

With second time around he meant killing him once to get rid of the buff. He was giving me a reason to kill boba once, that I simply didn't see. Buff gone, no sniping past taunt.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    My bad I got it now.