Yoda preparation

Tman
257 posts Member
Should I worry on 5 staring my Jedi or should continue on, particicularly switching from 6 starring boba to qui gon?By the West rip Ms. Fisher
I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman

Replies

• Tman
    257 posts Member
    Rest not west
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I jus got my yoda to 7 star and g10. I gave him my best mods.and he is marginally useful in GW with full tm. Have not been able to use him in arena. He is ok in tank raid p1, but my jedi team still does less damage than rebs. Yoda is a big bust. At least until maybe he is zeta and u have kenobi. He has been stripped of mods and is back on the bench, like he was at 5 star.

So now I know why I never seen yoda in my arena. Ever.
  • Yoda can somewhat be usefull as a occasional counter to Empire Team if you don't have Rex. Yoda is decently fast. Above average base speed, and with the rights mod, you might go before TFP, unless he's modded full speed.

If you go before him, it's makes things considerably easier, unless the opponent have a mass dispel such as B2. Since Empire team are so heavily reliant on debuff (Palp, Vader, TFP), putting Tenacity up early in fight will shut them down.

Otherwise, yeah, unless Zeta'ed, he's not so great. Without zeta, he has his use in raids, but that's about it.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Guys with TFP and shoretrooper usually have better speed mods than mex though. And I am a whale. Lol. Even when I did get yoda to go first, woot! Amazing start. Still lose in the end. Shoretrooper and ftp ep lead just kicks the crap out of my team after the yoda buff wears off. Even if I manage to pull off a lucky team evasion buff, it don't matter. :) so I found zero use for yoda, and I tried my best. Sorry yoda.

Before the wiggs meta, there was a great all jedi team on my shard. No yoda. There's a great zeta qgj 4 jedi team on my shard sitting butt in top 5. No yoda. I do not exaggerate when I say I never seen yoda in my top twenty. Ever. February shard. Same with plo koon. Other than my failed attempts to make these toons do something useful. Actually, I would say yoda more useless than plo in arena. I have at least won a top 20 match with plo on the squad.
  • He's useful in GW against counter teams. As soon as I see a team with Aayla, 5s and Sun Fac, I wheel out my Jedi team. QGJ and Mace to dispel taunt, Yoda to stun the counter attackers as I wear them down.
  • He's also useful to spread foresight against counter teams.
  • So no Yoda you are suggesting, even my current Jedi team. Click on profile to see hard for me to do.
  • Don't make him a priority for all your resources. You will be disappointed. Get him when you can get him just to have him.
  • Yoda can be good but you need zeta on Battle Med, QGJ zeta, and General Kenobi at max gear and now you have something. It's not so much that Yoda is good but rather he's good with the right mix. Yoda is fast enough to go early in the match depending on how fast you mod him. So if you know your server's top-10 competitors well enough, you can manipulate your speed so Yoda's BM is most effectively used.
  • So... if u don't have 5x 7 star jedi already... u probably dont have zeta qgj and uber speed mods for your server, haha. If ur mega whale, get yoda. If not, no reason to rush... Yoda will be good in 6 more months of grinding kenobi and zeta mats...
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    K thanks