Anyone actually use defense mods?

I'm not trying to wrap my head around the assbackwards defense/armor math... I'm sure it makes sense to someone... but that's not what I care about; I'm here for practicality.

I just want to know if anyone has noticed a positive change while experimenting with defense mods.

I'm finding it hard to really test myself, cause my defense mods can't hold a candle to the mods I currently use.

Has anyone tried putting defense mods on arena characters besides tanks?
Or a squad of all defense mods?

It interests me, but I can't imagine giving up a +1000 protection for .03 more defense/armor???

Replies

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I use them on my pilots that don't get used elsewhere.
  • I actually have some on my top team lol, cause i got some defense arrow mods with speed, so i farmed others... But i choose the ones that give more offense and speed... I don't farm them anymore, i just got excited when i unlocked tier 3 and got lots of it... So i used them... But i'm slowly replacing them with crit mods now, never got another arrow speed mod so i'm sticking with it untill i get better ones...
  • They are worthless.

I even tried maxing it out on Stormtrooper in an all Empire team and saw like 200 dmg saved. It's ridiculous. And Bad.
  • Only if they have speed primaries and only on my tanks.
  • People usually go for sets and assemble the best they have but the bonuses are so minor compared to primary and secondary stats. Obviously both are best but an additional 5% defense is in no way going to make up for 1-2k or more protection.
  • Set bonuses don't normally matter all that much. The crit damage one is good, the rest are ho-hum.

The defense set bonus is small, but tanks have enough base defense to make it worth more than the HP set bonus.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • yes I have 2 on RG in the main PVP team, crit chance reduced and tenacity mods with defense are super usefull on tanks that get hit. AOE heroes get potency, droids crit chance, jawa speed and DD crit dmg

I do alternate need be but it seems gear lvl is way more important
  • I find the defense mods have the best secondary stats. Don't ask me why but whenever I farm them I get some decent speed secondaries out of them or legit crit bonus triangles, speed arrows etc. maybe cuz no one farms them
  • I have a set on Vader because I happened to get a potency cross with great secondaries on it. Plus with his natural tankiness, he actually benefits more than most other toons.