You can farm qui gon now!

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Edit: You know what, forget it. This place just isn't worth it.

Don't take it too serious man :) Just having some fun.

It's not you. Nothing wrong with objecting to me wanting a nerf.
    Post edited by Qeltar on
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Omg this is huge.
    I'm actually surprised they released him for free to play players. Hopefully they will do obi wan soon. He's the character I would really like to have in my squad
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Edit: You know what, forget it. This place just isn't worth it.

Don't take it too serious man :) Just having some fun.

It's not you. I'm tired of participating and trying to help others on a forum where a noxious troll is allowed to run wild, constantly insulting others, flamebaiting and trolling for weeks, and nothing is ever done.
    I'm tired of being castigated every time I post an opinion just because someone doesn't like it.
    Tired of working to be a useful and helpful person in what is rapidly becoming a cesspool.

Yet you're still here :D, you want people to beg you to stay? You can't just leave quietly can you. There are tons of people that find your constant whining, and asking for nerfs etc annoying, but I dont see any of them threatening to leave :D.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Omg this is huge.
    I'm actually surprised they released him for free to play players. Hopefully they will do obi wan soon. He's the character I would really like to have in my squad

This is huge - again excluding the top tier speed meta - if you're fighting a Poe team with say, Lumi, Sid, Kylo and Vader for example, Jinn will be really awesome to counter Poe. He can even win at the top tier meta vs. speed teams - it's just not as reliable there because he can get wiped before he moves. I won a speed team matchup today because of Jinn despite losing Poe roll. So he does give you a small chance vs. top tier Poe teams. Vs. slower Poe teams and less maxed out DPS teams, he's actually going to be a very good counter. He's also huge for GW too. Fast Jedi with a working speed leader are deadly. This is one of the best characters they could have released. Better than Leia. Up there with Old Ben, but I'd say maybe Jinn is better. He's one of the top all around characters with his dispel / O up and assist attack. This is a big move here by CG / EA.

Grats to the F2P / non-chrome crowd. This will be a big boost to your roster.
  • davida8546
    216 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Smart move from EA to reduce the heat and devalue extra QGJ shards. My condolences to fellow whales and dophins who have hundreds of extra QGJ shards.

Anyway congrats to F2P/non-chrom players.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I barely finished a Poe vs Poe team (my Poe went second as always...) in arena before reward time. After a slug fest back and forth it was down to Ben and QGJ vs my half health solo Sid. The dodges were amazing and what seemed to be a loss turned into victory. Long story short, I'm not sure how well a all Jedi team would be.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    I use qgj, lumi, and kit regularly

The biggest issue is lack of synergy and speed even with qgj leading. The lame standard poe/fotp teams are the only real challenge due to the lack of speed/tank on the Jedi side. I only win when fotp misses or I can debuff Poe with qgj.

That being said, other than lumi the jedis are a sad bunch.

I will drop Kit quicker than mace as soon as they introduce someone else with some interesting synergy.
  • Dooku, Sid, HK and Maul would make short work of an all Jedi squad.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Yup. Still have a problem. Got the newsletter, but no shards I the cantina!
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    I think a Jedi team on offense does just fine. The game is set up as offense since arenas don't let you set up defense.

On defense jedis are easily beaten with an anti Jedi squad, sure, but on offense, a Jedi team with qgj leading will more likely kill Squishy dooku and Maul before they matter. Maul you have to kill first so he becomes more of a weak tank/cannon fodder than anything else, without meter manipulation.

In arena, sniper Jedi teams do just fine.
    On GW, after those two are out its a great time to enjoy resetting cool downs with whoever is left, then maybe Sids heal immunity is worse than is aoe. Add Daka to have to beat and its challenging- her raising dooku and Maul is a mess.

• TavenRendar
    179 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Omg this is huge.

This is huge - again excluding the top tier speed meta - if you're fighting a Poe team with say, Lumi, Sid, Kylo and Vader for example, Jinn will be really awesome to counter Poe. He can even win at the top tier meta vs. speed teams - it's just not as reliable there because he can get wiped before he moves. I won a speed team matchup today because of Jinn despite losing Poe roll. So he does give you a small chance vs. top tier Poe teams. Vs. slower Poe teams and less maxed out DPS teams, he's actually going to be a very good counter. He's also huge for GW too. Fast Jedi with a working speed leader are deadly. This is one of the best characters they could have released. Better than Leia. Up there with Old Ben, but I'd say maybe Jinn is better. He's one of the top all around characters with his dispel / O up and assist attack. This is a big move here by CG / EA.

Grats to the F2P / non-chrome crowd. This will be a big boost to your roster.

I think Jinn is pretty key. On defense he constantly breaks my Poe's taunt which leads to genosian soldier 1 hitting my 88 every dang time, I then proceed to lose. To make things worse, Rey comes in and destroys whoever and I lose for sure.
    So grab Jinn folks, you won't regret it.
  • Does this make my dear Ahsoka viable? Or too little to make her relevant?
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    No she is too slow, even with qgj. She is good fodder for that GW challenge, only. Sorry.
  • I'm happy because it solidifies the 2 teams I'm going to build, as I'm pretty close to having the Droid team complete, but am at 74/80 to unlock rey and have been considering what team to make with her. But with my lumi already purple gear and qgj now farmable I have a pretty solid leader and base :) will perhaps have to go back to jc or wait for another good jedi. Have really only focused on lum.

From yall with experiences w jedi, which ones are really good? I have plo koon but he's always been underwhelming.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    If they found a $100 on the street that they didn't find $1000.

I know this thread will probably be locked quickly but I've never seen a forum where people complain about every single move EA/CG makes.

I understand that people are passionate about Star Wars but, geez people, IT'S A GAME.
  • Varlie wrote: »

I know this thread will probably be locked quickly but I've never seen a forum where people complain about every single move EA/CG makes.

I understand that people are passionate about Star Wars but, geez people, IT'S A GAME.

A game that makes millions through IAP is what you are forgetting. Games that follow this model will always undergo much scrutiny because they have to balance f2p and p2p which they haven't done a very good job of yet.
  • Yup, I for one have agreed with every single move cg has made. Hopefully this trend continues.
  • So as a new player with only 1000 cantina credits, I suppose I shouldn't focus on QGJ?
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • As a big Liam Neeson and qui gon jinn fan, this is awesome news......I've drooled everytime I saw a 7* qgj. Thanks cg, I'm going to keep supporting you guys!!.
  • Varlie wrote: »

I feel it's because people are passionate about Star Wars that they want the game to do well or become THE best game out there. I certainly feel that way and thus I play a lot. In the process if there are bugs or situations that are problematic, I understand that players want them addressed as soon as possible. However, for EA/CG, they have to code it, review it, test it, a whole lot of computer stuff. :)

I also understand CG has engineers and developers working on the game from all over the United States as well as around the world. It's a huge project to maintain and create new material for. But when we play it, it feels like "just a game."

In the long run, the game will evolve so fast and so much that we will be glad we stuck around during the worst of times to enjoy the fruits of the best of times.

• reizse
    1447 posts Member
    i'd be happy if i found $5 on the street. it's all about perspective. i believe everyone playing wants the game to succeed (otherwise, why play?). however, each person has their own methodology of how to improve the game. CG can't implement every suggestion and some of the ones they do make players wonder what the heck is going on. equal to or more than the players, though, i believe CG wants the game to be a huge success because it is their livelihood and i'm doubtful if they'd make changes that would risk it.
    mighty chlorians
  • Some people see life as a glass half empty.
  • Is QGJ that good? I am shooting for 7* HK 88 86 Poe Ewok Elder.
  • He was great at 60. But at 70 with new abilities, he is one of the best
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    I agree with most of you here. I enjoyed the HODA and I'm enjoying GOH even more because of the Star Wars theme. I am hoping that it just continues to improve and add more characters, although I know they will eventually run out of cannon characters.

I can understand having an attitude about specific bugs but I've never seen, and I've played a lot of games, such a (for lack of better term) disdain between pay to play and free to play.

This game is much better than most as there is not, so much, a pay to win option as a pay to progress faster. For the most part, people who never spend a cent can compete with people who spend money on the game, although it may take some time.
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I actually absolutely understand why P2W players are upset about Quigon, these are legitimate gripes. Same as complaints about bugs/nerfs, but the Poe, GW, the ai cheats whiners need to go. Particularly ...

--edit.

Post edited by FashionFett on
  • I wouldn't think the Qui Gon thing would sit well with paying players, but I haven't seen many complaints...
  • Funny, I took a second look and I'm still going with Boba...

I didn't build for synergy with him, he won't help my team...
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Is QGJ that good? I am shooting for 7* HK 88 86 Poe Ewok Elder.

QGJ is a very deadly counter to any team that uses any buffs of any sort... Basically if a team uses a buff, you have QGJ do his humbling blow on them... at ability lvl 6 if it debuffs the buff, it gives your whole team an offense up buff for two turns... He's not an 100% counter to Poe but he does provide another option to countering him short of using another Poe...

He also has another attack (forgot the name) which calls in an assist. The assisting character does 70% extra damage...

He's also moderately fast, not super fast like Dooku.. just slightly slower than Sidious or Poe..

His downside is he doesn't have a lot of health
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • So as a new player with only 1000 cantina credits, I suppose I shouldn't focus on QGJ?

Go for him now