You can farm qui gon now!

Replies

• Well every single F2P guy and the small spenders are happy and most of the bigger spenders do not really care anyway win win for the majority of peeps well done CG & EA great move im already farming Qui-Gon :).

You do know QGJ isn't the answer to Poe right?

Why are you farming QGJ? Do you have the right team to put him in? His Leader don't work without Jedi... and Poe is tanky enough to withstand QGJ and an assist.

Do you really think farming QGJ is an answer? I'm being serious. No flame. I got warned for that. By some dude i've never heard of

Yeah i got a really strong jedi team going dude just need to refine them but i will be done with Qui-Gon in a month or two will be super sweet :).
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Well every single F2P guy and the small spenders are happy and most of the bigger spenders do not really care anyway win win for the majority of peeps well done CG & EA great move im already farming Qui-Gon :).

I'm only happy because they basically said we're not nerfing poe when they released qui-gon. I'm going to farm him too, but I'm not a ****, I look at things from all perspectives and I try to be as fair as possible. And this is incredibly unfair for the whales. Is that going to stop me from farming jin? No lol, but my honest input on it, is that it's messed up and it definitely will affect the sales of the whales.

Like i said above it wont at all they will gross more annually by doing this its a smart move most freemium games are doing the same thing :).
    Based off what? You're 100% speculating without any actual real numbers.
  • DarkWingGlee
    571 posts Member
    edited January 2016

Yeah i got a really strong jedi team going dude just need to refine them but i will be done with Qui-Gon in a month or two will be super sweet :).

May I ask who you have? Jedi aren't exactly accessible to F2P. Unless you say Eeth and Windu?
  • I ran him tonight twice at 5* max Gear and he held his own but want particular awesome as there was no enemy Poe sad.
  • QGJM wrote: »
    I wouldn't think the Qui Gon thing would sit well with paying players, but I haven't seen many complaints...

They don't like complaining whales. So they loose more sales.

Imo it's messed up. Even though I'm happy that they released Quigon as a way to say here's the counter for Poe ;) we're not going to nerf him(especially to one person who lives on this forum and won't stop complaining about him), I do see why whales would be angry. I'm 100% f2p, but I try to be objective, and if I was a paying player I would think twice before spending again. This game has very little strats in it, spending thousands of dollars should warrant an OP character that only people who pay can acquire or star up properly. Just my take on it.

All characters have to be available for f2p in a long run... p2p can get an early access to them when paying money and that's it. Whales are not buying a specific and exclusive character but ONLY a possibility to find it in the packs. Sometimes they find and sometimes they don't. They don't buy an exclusive rights to have it and use it. As I mentioned, they can get them much much earlier if they buy packs and are quite lucky to find a desirable char there...
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @Artas

I understand this, but EA knows that the whales are spending these thousands of dollars for these SPECIFIC characters. If this was some legitimate strat game like starcraft(dont know if it's a good example, used to play sc1) etc where you actually needed timing, quick decision skills etc then yes I'd understand why they would want everything on a level playing field. But since this game is not strategically based at all, and it's extremely simple to me it's just a slap in the face to the whales to put out one of their best p2p char

I'm only happy because they basically said we're not nerfing poe when they released qui-gon. I'm going to farm him too, but I'm not a ****, I look at things from all perspectives and I try to be as fair as possible. And this is incredibly unfair for the whales. Is that going to stop me from farming jin? No lol, but my honest input on it, is that it's messed up and it definitely will affect the sales of the whales.

Like i said above it wont at all they will gross more annually by doing this its a smart move most freemium games are doing the same thing :).

Yeah im speculating when the majority of freemium games work exactly the same way :D.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @Artas

... it's just a slap in the face to the whales to put out one of their best p2p char

+1: Double Slap & it was the best p2p char
  • MRFREE2PLAY90
    282 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    QGJM wrote: »
    @Artas

... it's just a slap in the face to the whales to put out one of their best p2p char

+1: Double Slap & it was the best p2p char

You cant pay 2 play and expect to trump everyone else respectfully, CG and EA did the right thing by offering Qui-Gon eventually to balance things out.
  • I don't know who was chasing QGJ. That's outrageous.

Maybe chasing Ben and getting QGJ's shards as consolation drops and say , " oh well, at least I got shards I can use" Maybe chasing Rey and getting QGJ's shards as consolation drops and say, "Oh well, at least I can get my QGJ to 7 stars..." I doubt anyone would open 8X Chromium and say, "please give me a full card of QGJ!!! No whammy No whammy!!!"

Spending $ means chasing shards to get your heroes (hopefully useful ones) to 7 stars first. It clear that QGJ, FOTP, GS, and JC are nice shards to get because they are common and those low star heroes are great at higher stars. But you don't actually chase those. You chase the 4stars. You chase the Bens, the Landos, the Imas, the Reys, the Bubba Gumps.

It's cool the p2p feel disappointed. Nothing was changed and why release QGJ on a Tuesday? lol...at least put some planning, perhaps. I can see Naecabon's point of view. I can also see the f2p's point of view. It's all good, but from EA's Tuesday update, it's really not a fix. It's a panic release.

I don't have QGJ. At all. Will I farm? meh. But for those who have 7 star QGJ? I'm 100% sure they have many many other 6* and 7* who they were aiming for, but settled for QGJ. So I'm not sure if it's fair to say they're mad. They just want something...just like the f2p got "something"

u get my drift?
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    To balance what? F2P vs P2P? You can easily be in Top 10 eben top 5 without spending any Money at all if u Are clever and have a good Strategy. But putting out THE BEST AND MOST FUN 2 Play chromo exclusive char. Is just really *****.

Yeah im speculating when the majority of freemium games work exactly the same way :D.

No offense, but you don't know the difference between there and their. I don't really take any of your input seriously :D, you just throw out random numbers, and speculations without backing anything up.

Show me an example of a freemium game that had a comparable structure with this game, and show me the numbers where they increased profits by a significant amount after baiting whales to spend money, and then scr*wing them over. If you can't do this, just keep quiet, and stop acting like you have a clue about what you're talking about.

And btw, I beat Quigon teams all of the time, and whale teams with my 100% f2p team. They didn't have an advantage to the extent that they were 100% invincible, if this was the case then I'd understand why they would release these chars or nerf them.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    If I did the math correct we just need to refresh cantina energy 128 times to get a 7 star QGJ :-)
  • @Vodo See you 7 star Quigon in 2 months :o
  • Cut and paste my thoughts from another post

" From a business point of view I think it's a bad decision

Reasons being it was exclusive to chromium packs only yesterday and free to obtain today

People spending in order to star up / obtain their presumed exclusive chromium only characters will feel short changed and deceived

I wouldn't be surprised if chargebacks and refunds proceedings are underway for the fact that they misrepresented the word exclusive here

EA also likely lost some credibility here , spenders will think twice now when new "exclusive" stuff hits the store

from a gaming point of view it's an attempt to level the playing field and would benefit the majority of the players but its likely an expensive decision going forward "

I would also like to add that they should have discussed a rotational policy for "exclusive" characters on the forum instead of a blindside to spenders out of the blue

If the public was informed better , then they could decide better to spend and try to obtain now or spend the time to obtain later.... This is a bad sneaky move like the way they handle galactic wars change without putting in the patch notes
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Exclusive = Free4All --> How could I forget that? :smiley:
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    I probably spent more than 99% of the players on this game. I'm not upset at all about QGJ getting released to everybody.

Maybe it's because I only really care about collecting and starring up cool Star Wars characters and looking at my shiny roster twice a day. I'm not in it for the competition.

I would have expected some magnanimity from other whales. Wanting to keep their fun characters exclusively to themselves is not cool. You should be cool.
  • Clearly better steps could have been taken

Seeing there are whales , spenders and ftp

Whales are unhappy mainly because they got blindside especially those pushing 6-7stars last few days and if its obtainable from higher tiers like first order tie pilot instead , if would be so much better on the PR side

personally I though the shard shop was to help ease the chromium characters into the masses , helping the spenders to star up without spending more then a thousand for 7 stars or ftp trading/ farming for a shard trade off

Wanted to wait for more info on the upcoming shard shop but I guess they jumped the gun
  • Normal procedure in games like this. When the new chromium heroes arrive the f2p will start to complain. And when they become "non-exclusive" again the whales will complain. Imo you pay to have a head start, the p2w had QGJ for 2 months and had a significant advantage with him. Now the f2p can catch up again.

Yesterday a Soutpark rerun was on tv, it was Christmas and Cartman was helping santa bring christmas to Iraq. Only to get his present (some action figure) of course. In the end he got his toy but Kyle, Stan and Kenny got the same toy too. Cartman got really mad, because now it wasnt fun anymore since everybody had the same.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Vodo wrote: »
    If I did the math correct we just need to refresh cantina energy 128 times to get a 7 star QGJ :-)
    Does anybody know how many crystals you need if you wanna refresh 128 times on a single day?
  • Vodo wrote: »
    Does anybody know how many crystals you need if you wanna refresh 128 times on a single day?

It's not 128
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    I Know that southpark Episode it is fun. But its more like u bought an porsche for a hell lot of Money and now they give it away for free... So

But from a Business view to treat your best customers like that doesnt raise your sales.

I am realy Loving the work of the productmanager of the game..."How to get rid of my best paying customers in 2 updates."

Im expecting the new shard shop will totally be another slap in the Face of Whales. Opening every "Exklusive" Char... Someone from EA really Need to Google the meaning of that Word IMO.
  • Vodo wrote: »

It's not 128

It's 126 if you run stage 5 battles or higher.
    330/5= 66 shipments
    66 shipments= 26400 cantina credits.
    You'll get 1.75 credit per energy at stage 5 so you'll need 26400/1,75= 15085 energy in total
    Every refresh is 120 energy. 15084/120=125,7 refreshes
  • QGJM wrote: »
    I Know that southpark Episode it is fun. But its more like u bought an porsche for a hell lot of Money and now they give it away for free... So

But from a Business view to treat your best customers like that doesnt raise your sales.

I am realy Loving the work of the productmanager of the game..."How to get rid of my best paying customers in 2 updates."

Im expecting the new shard shop will totally be another slap in the Face of Whales. Opening every "Exklusive" Char... Someone from EA really Need to Google the meaning of that Word IMO.

It's not for free, f2p people have to sink in all their cantina resources to get QGJ. If you do 2 refreshes each day it will take 42 days to get him to 7*. You'll get plenty of time to farm different heroes while the f2p are hard farming QGJ.
    It's more like you bought a porsche and everybody else had to spend all their income to get the porsche after 42 days. While you had the option to spend your income on different cars. Did your porsche became less because everybody else can get one? No, it's still the same car.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    I think QGJ is more of an Aston Martin than a Porsche. Just saying.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Nice try! It's more like they sell a Porsche now for 1/100 of the normal price. You just have to wait 6 weeks. Reminds me of the cars they sold in the DDR. Maybe EA should expand to comunist countrys they will love their policy.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member

It's not 128

Not exactly, but should be close. You need 320 shards for 7 stars, correct?

128 refreshes = 15360 energy

15360 energy = 1536 fights

1536 fights = 26112 tokens

26112 tokens = 326,4 shards

Could be wrong though if the energy/token ratio changes on higher levels or if QGJ unlocks at more then 1 star
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    edited January 2016

Are we really going there?
    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • ilyanor wrote: »
    At wich star level do you think Qui Gon is viable in Galactic Wars? i don't care arena, i can stay in top ten without him..

Well his speed leader works at any star level in GW if that's what you want him for - as does his fast assist with 75% more damage from the ally hit assuming he's leveled / geared and abilities are up. As far as taking damage though, he has to get to 5* and even then he's pretty squish. 6* he's decently sturdy, but Jinn ideally needs to be 7* and get all the health he can.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Nonemo wrote: »
    I think QGJ is more of an Aston Martin than a Porsche. Just saying.

Omg you are right. That's less disgusting :wink:

Maybe i am a troll. But EA gave me the Magic potion that Turned me...