Chirrut giving buffs after death

While watching an arena battle against the following team, Wedge lead, biggs, General Kenobi, Chirrut, Baze, all maxed, fighting a vader lead, b2, boba, tie pilot, shoretropper, and the battle winded down to just baze remaining against b2, vader, and tie pilot, I noticed that baze was still countering with buff immunity and no retribution.

Baze's health steal was also extremely high, leaving me with the conclusion that chirrut imwe was giving him buffs from beyond the grave. This is a major bug, and can easily allow baze to survive for extraneous amounts of time to prevent people from winning arena fights or lasting far longer in a raid.

Please look into this Developers! ( I realize that a developer holiday in in action so I will re-post this at a more convenient time for all you hard working devs).

Replies

• Options
    This is actually happening with a number of unique abilities getting applied to other members of the squad after the one granting the abilities is dead.
    Gen Kenobi, Wedge, and Barriss are some other examples.
  • Options
    This is actually happening with a number of unique abilities getting applied to other members of the squad after the one granting the abilities is dead.
    Gen Kenobi, Wedge, and Barriss are some other examples.

I thought I noticed biggs maintaining his speed after wedge dies. Should this be true, this would mean that 2 of the top 3 meta teams are currently more powerful than intended (the third being sith/empire) and that people are wasting a lot of resources on bugged characters
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Uniques working after death are not bugged, the only one mentioned here that was bugged was Kenobi and he was fixed. If you read the description for Kenobi's unique it specifically states while he is alive while the others do not
    Post edited by MBL_66 on
  • Options
    Well baze shouldn't be gaining buffs that are based on a character that is already defeated, as defeated characters cannot be buffed. The same goes for biggs.
  • Options
    MmoProNick wrote: »
    Well baze shouldn't be gaining buffs that are based on a character that is already defeated, as defeated characters cannot be buffed. The same goes for biggs.

The description is what matters. WAI.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options

You have no authority to say WAI, and did you even read the comment you quoted? Logically this should not be happening at all, given that defeated characters cannot be buffed. Given what you have said, this equats to Daka reviving after she dies, a bug that plagued the game for the longest time until the devs finally fixed it, and even now when new characters are added it can still bug. Daka's unique gives no mention to whether or not she has to be alive to revive, but since the devs CLEARLY marked her reviving after death as a bug this should also be marked as one given the evidence I previously stated. One does not assume that the buffs will remain after the buffer dies, which is another reason why it shouldn't happen. Thirdly, think about this logically, If someone is dead, that means they're LITERALLY DOING NOTHING, a dead person can't talk to a living person, nor can they aid them.

Citing Old Ben's force ghost doesn't help your counterargument, as the fact remains that all of the aforementioned bugged characters are not jedi or force sensitive (Not even chirrut, he is only a force believer), and the one that is (GK) is stated to not give buffs after death.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

Daka's unique gives no mention to whether or not she has to be alive to revive, but since the devs CLEARLY marked her reviving after death as a bug this should also be marked as one given the evidence I previously stated.

If you read Daka's unique carefully you will see that it clearly says, "Daka has a 10% change to revive it," obviously she can't revive anyone is she is no longer on the table. Nowhere on Chirrut's unique does it say that Chirrut applies these benefits to Baze, if it's very easy to tell which skills are WAI and which are not simply by reading.
  • Options
    Clearly nobody else seems to realize what I am trying to say here.
    MBL_66 wrote: »

Daka's unique gives no mention to whether or not she has to be alive to revive, but since the devs CLEARLY marked her reviving after death as a bug this should also be marked as one given the evidence I previously stated.

If you read Daka's unique carefully you will see that it clearly says, "Daka has a 10% change to revive it," obviously she can't revive anyone is she is no longer on the table. Nowhere on Chirrut's unique does it say that Chirrut applies these benefits to Baze, if it's very easy to tell which skills are WAI and which are not simply by reading.

What I'm saying is that it is not implied in the text that this buff is given to baze without chirrut being alive. If someone read the description they would not assume that baze would remain buffed after chirrut dies. the structure of the description implies that the buffs are duplicated upon baze from chirrut given the order of the description.

Also, after rereading the description I noticed that Baze also has to be "Present" in the face of Chirrut. Now I ask of you, If somebody is utterly annihilated and killed in battle, are they truly present there anymore? When someone is blown to bits by the explosive forces of blasters or rains of fire from for example Wedge's area, can they TRULY be present? I say no, they're just a lifeless carcass on the ground. Another thing about them being present is that to be present means to currently exist, and when someone is dead their life does not currently exist.

Therefore, if chirrut is not present with Baze, than baze cannot be present with chirrut. Following all logic up to this point this would mean that since baze is NOT present with chirrut, Chirrut is unable to buff baze, since his ability CLEARLY states that baze must be PRESENT with chirrut to receive these buffs.

If that's not convincing to you then you should also note that it is chirrut's ability, and not toon in the game as so far has ANY abilities that are supposed to work when they are defeated because when they are defeated they are no longer active in battle, and battle is the only place where characters can actively use any abilities or activate any personal/personally based effects.

Please listen to the logical argument I have presented, and consider the massive amount of evidence I have placed before you.

(At this point I suspect all you mini-modders are just trying to prevent your favorite OP toons from getting nerfed)
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Clearly nobody else seems to realize what I am trying to say here.
    MBL_66 wrote: »

What I'm saying is that it is not implied in the text that this buff is given to baze without chirrut being alive. If someone read the description they would not assume that baze would remain buffed after chirrut dies. the structure of the description implies that the buffs are duplicated upon baze from chirrut given the order of the description.

Also, after rereading the description I noticed that Baze also has to be "Present" in the face of Chirrut. Now I ask of you, If somebody is utterly annihilated and killed in battle, are they truly present there anymore? When someone is blown to bits by the explosive forces of blasters or rains of fire from for example Wedge's area, can they TRULY be present? I say no, they're just a lifeless carcass on the ground. Another thing about them being present is that to be present means to currently exist, and when someone is dead their life does not currently exist.

Therefore, if chirrut is not present with Baze, than baze cannot be present with chirrut. Following all logic up to this point this would mean that since baze is NOT present with chirrut, Chirrut is unable to buff baze, since his ability CLEARLY states that baze must be PRESENT with chirrut to receive these buffs.

If that's not convincing to you then you should also note that it is chirrut's ability, and not toon in the game as so far has ANY abilities that are supposed to work when they are defeated because when they are defeated they are no longer active in battle, and battle is the only place where characters can actively use any abilities or activate any personal/personally based effects.

Please listen to the logical argument I have presented, and consider the massive amount of evidence I have placed before you.

(At this point I suspect all you mini-modders are just trying to prevent your favorite OP toons from getting nerfed)

Your don't seem to understand my point either, there's a precedent that has been set before with many skills that they work exactly as written and no where is it written that Chirrut needs to be alive so therefore he doesn't.

Also, when you read the skill description again you decided to add "in the face of Chirrut" all on your own to try and make it work with your argument. Is present is not the same as is present in the face of Chirrut.
  • Options
    Okay, this is out of hand, I just wanted the developers to look into this issue, or to at least confirm if it was a bug or not. I really hope that this thread does get noticed with all the activity and the arguments both for and against it logically being a bug so that the developers can make a deciion
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    this has been flagged as a bug and should be addressed in an upcoming update. Cheers!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines