Is it worth gearing my 4* Shore?

Im not sure whether to or not because my current arena team is (all 7*):
Wedge (Lead) G9
Biggs G8 (One furnace off 9)
Lando G10 (One furnace off 11)
Sun Fac G8
QGJ G11

Not sure whether he would fit there as I quite like my Sun Fac. Is it worth gearing for future maybe as the meta is starting to shift a tidge.

Any ideas welcome

Replies

• Yes. ST in my wiggs team is indispensable.
  • lordson86 wrote: »
    Yes. ST in my wiggs team is indispensable.

And swap out Sun Fac?
  • lordson86 wrote: »
    Yes. ST in my wiggs team is indispensable.

And swap out Sun Fac?

Swap QGJ
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    G8 sf is not good. Gear or replace. I would put st in its place (min g10) and replace qgj with polpatoon (min g10).

I see no point running double dispellers like you do now.
  • vessaharja wrote: »
    G8 sf is not good. Gear or replace. I would put st in its place (min g10) and replace qgj with polpatoon (min g10).

I see no point running double dispellers like you do now.

Lol I struggle for gear as I am not as high a level as you suggest ;) I am fortunate enough though to be getting top 30 in arena surrounded by people up to 5 levels higher than me. G10 will be a huge struggle. I cant gear Sun Fac to 9 yet but he still has masses of health and protection.
  • Then focus on ST. If you want him fast, buy crystals and buy the gear from shipments. If I remember correctly you can gear to 10 spending maybe 4200 crystals and farming the rest of the gear from regular battles.
    Then focus on ST. If you want him fast, buy crystals and buy the gear from shipments. If I remember correctly you can gear to 10 spending maybe 4200 crystals and farming the rest of the gear from regular battles.

Hahaha Ill try to gear him but Im dirt poor atm so no crystals for me ;)
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Raids raids raids. The gear will come.
    Raids raids raids. The gear will come.

Yeah lol. I have a decent raid team and can usually scrape top 10. Good for my level anyway ;)
  • My shore has even less stars than yours (3*), and I use him in an empire team once I geared him up to gear 8. He is the character that took my team from barely making a top 20 finish, to a pretty reliable daily top 5 finish, and once I even got number one, all with only Shore gear 8 3*. I have him at gear 10 now and well... wiggs OHKO only knocks off his protection, doesn't usually touch his health. Shore is extremely well worth it no matter what his star level is (of course the more stars the better, but even 3* gives huge benefits). I would gear up your Shore and replace Sun Fac with him, and also farm and gear up b2 and replace QGJ, as b2 is just so much better and more reliable, especially against auto taunters.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    I say yes. ST is a thorn in most players side, if anything, for a single turn. That alone can change a fight.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    If you need the initial protection, then yes.

Stars are less important then gear and lvl. They do help but 3 and 4* toons can really work.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    If you need the initial protection, then yes

I dont I just wondered because I knew he was meta and had him lying around
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I run a 4* G11 Shore on my November ('15) shard - finish top 10. He protects my Empire team from Wiggs. Biggs does his special - and Shore still has full health and about 1/3 protection left. Also, Shore's "regroup" ability neuters Lando. If you face a lot of Wiggs/Lando teams, Shore is great - even at 4* as long as you gear and mod him up. Just to give you and idea, my 4* G11 has 28k health + 59k protection.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I run a 4* G11 Shore on my November ('15) shard - finish top 10. He protects my Empire team from Wiggs. Biggs does his special - and Shore still has full health and about 1/3 protection left. Also, Shore's "regroup" ability neuters Lando. If you face a lot of Wiggs/Lando teams, Shore is great - even at 4* as long as you gear and mod him up. Just to give you and idea, my 4* G11 has 28k health + 59k protection.

Hahaha yeah I face tons of other WiggsDo