Celebrating the direction of the game by purchase

J7000
2059 posts Member
So I've been hard on the devs in the past but over time I've seen them do some balsy moves, moves I don't agree with sometimes but over all I can see what they are trying to accomplish with the game. I think they are amazing and dedicated and have great vision. Good job guys. Here's another 20 for ya, hehhehhe. -Jedi Brownnoser

Replies

• +1
  • Well said, I also did the same thing and made some purchases as well today.
  • Yes, moving a pay-only character to F2P and saying they plan to do the rest (Leia and who else was it? or only the two?) is a good move. I may just get that $10.99 subscription thing after all.
  • The message said "we will continue to move chrome only toons to ftp as we add new chars to the game".
  • I probably will as well (interesting shift for me because a week ago I was not going to spend more after GW). But I'm going to wait until update, and see if there are any interesting character packs not priced at $100 lol
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    JoshG wrote: »
    The message said "we will continue to move chrome only toons to ftp as we add new chars to the game".

It's important to understand that they still reward p2p players even by doing this. As new characters are added p2p like myself will get them sooner and enjoy having them first. Also in GW we def have an advantage as I actually have an extremely powerful bteam that i could not have without a little cash. It's obvious to me that they do not desire to make a game that only whales can enjoy and succeed, but a game that All can enjoy while rewarding whales and moderate spenders. This is not an easy task, yet their decisions indicate this is exactly what they are aiming for. More power to them.
  • GoH is on the top paid app. I wonder how much EA is making for this year from people trying so hard to get to first place.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Jsnazz wrote: »
    GoH is on the top paid app. I wonder how much EA is making for this year from people trying so hard to get to first place.

A lot.. People focus pretty hard on arena even though I think its pretty easy to earn 800 points for shipments. Number 1 gets 1200 I think so CG(not EA) made it fun without giving an extreme difference for spenders or heavy competitors. Very smart of them imo
  • J7000 wrote: »
    GoH is on the top paid app. I wonder how much EA is making for this year from people trying so hard to get to first place.

A lot.. People focus pretty hard on arena even though I think its pretty easy to earn 800 points for shipments. Number 1 gets 1200 I think so CG(not EA) made it fun without giving an extreme difference for spenders or heavy competitors. Very smart of them imo

This. I just relax and stay top 100, sometimes I'll even get a top 50 finish. It's not worth the blood pressure to fight into the top 5 anymore.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    J7000 wrote: »

This. I just relax and stay top 100, sometimes I'll even get a top 50 finish. It's not worth the blood pressure to fight into the top 5 anymore.

Yeah, once you are going for that 1 spot, BP medication may be necessary
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Isn't that the truth, I find myself rotating my whole schedule to attempt to be in the top five daily. At the end of the day the time spent vs crystal earned is less than wages in China. I'll have to reevaluate my play time.
  • This was a nice move from they, but really something that was bound to be made sooner or later. I think it's common in this kind of games to do this kind of moves.

At least I come from Marvel: Avengers Alliance. You could get the Spec Ops, PvP, Tasklists and Lockboxes heroes after a while too.

Either way I'm happy for this move. :)

PS: btw top 1 in arena gets 1k tokens not 1.2k
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    I have to admit. I was on the fence regarding the 10.99 crystal sub. But I purchased after this news.

It isn't a magic bullet that'll fix everything, but it's a step in the right direction and a very nice surprise.

Krey
  • Anraeth wrote: »
    Isn't that the truth, I find myself rotating my whole schedule to attempt to be in the top five daily. At the end of the day the time spent vs crystal earned is less than wages in China. I'll have to reevaluate my play time.
    Hahahaha! /rofl

• JoshG wrote: »
    The message said "we will continue to move chrome only toons to ftp as we add new chars to the game".

Oh right, so like, as they add more chrom-only guys, they will move old chrom-only guys to FtP. Got it.
  • If anything, knowing that my chromium only chars will be farmable only makes me more apt to open packs as I know they won't get stuck in gamble land forever. .. great move all around imo
  • I like the moves as long as it is sincere and isn't just a way to increase the gap between the whales/medium spenders and everyone else. It remains to be seen whether that is the case. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt right now even though I have a feeling it won't be long in the future where the gap is going to increase between the whales/p2winners and the rest (aka, the majority) of players.