Need some team advice for arena

420Sarge
5 posts Member
edited January 2016
Hi guys, I am level 48 and currently finish top 3 in arena daily and just started clearing GW consistently, but this is my first time playing this game I was wondering if there were any veterans that could share their advice on what my starting arena team should be as well as how to best allocate my resources as I continue to level up.

These are my available heroes:
HK-47: 4* Gear 6
IG-88: 4* Gear 6
IG-86: 3* Gear 6
Poe: 3* Gear 6
JC: 3* Gear 7
GS: 4* Gear 6
Lumi 3* Gear 6

I have been using HK, IG86/88, GS and Poe (just unlocked, before it was JC) as my arena squad and have been having decent success. I have heard nothing but rave reviews about Poggle, and am working on farming him so that I can insert him into my squad but the only problem is I don't know who to replace...

My first instinct is to replace GS but he's one of my strongest characters and there's no other characters that I really want to farm in cantina, but who to replace if not GS? My plan was to spend GW tokens on Poggle to 7*, cantina tokens on Poe to 7*, farm GS from cantina battles, and split arena tokens between HK-47 and IG-88.

Am I thinking about this the right way? My main priority is building an unstoppable arena team as quickly as possible that can keep me in the top 3 while I progress through the game. I'd love to get your guys thoughts on this.

Thanks!

Post edited by 420Sarge on

Replies

• Bump
  • Poe or geo is your decision for end game line up.

Poggle is a must. Prioritize IG-88 shards over Hk. He needs to be high star to shine. I probably wouldn't split too much. I'll link a thread too if I can find it. GL
  • 420Sarge
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Llewella wrote: »
    Poe or geo is your decision for end game line up.

Poggle is a must. Prioritize IG-88 shards over Hk. He needs to be high star to shine. I probably wouldn't split too much. I'll link a thread too if I can find it. GL

Thanks for the advice, I'll prioritize 88 before HK. What do you think of taking IG-86 out of the lineup and running HK, 88, GS, Poggle, Poe? Is this a viable lineup or do I need the single target DPS from 86?

Also if I kept 86... Who should I use between GS and Poe? And if I choose one to focus on.. What do I farm in replacement? Daka/Kylo/QGJ?
  • Ild keep farming all 6 personally if you enjoy that play style. Geo and ig88 and Poe and poggle can all work in different compositions. Your call on Poe or geo there's a lot of forums on droid teams.

For example infuture you could farm sidious and run an aoe team with sidious Poe poggle 88 and 5th. Keep doing what you doing.
  • Llewella wrote: »
    Poe or geo is your decision for end game line up.

don't agree that Poggle is a must at all, I use HK, 88, 86, Poe, and GS and I'm top 10 all the time, #1 once or twice a week. GS double strike with quickness is ridiculous. Poe keeps the droids alive for the kill shots.

• BnBTobacconist
    665 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Keep working on your team bro, get the gs to 7* and double strike cool down, when you get those abilities and *s up that particular droid team is amazing. If you do choose to go that route farm GS continuously in catina 1, use orange for poe. gw for 86 and arena for hk and 88. You'll be set in no time.