1 million+ health maul in tank raid.

Replies

• scuba wrote: »
    Any reason why this wouldn't work on the rancor as long as you started in phase 1 and put 3 piggies down?

No amount of health will save Maul from being devoured.

Oh yeah... forgot about that.
  • LordStyling
    1461 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Any reason why this wouldn't work on the rancor as long as you started in phase 1 and put 3 piggies down?

i added him to my ladt rancor raid, just for fun

not as lead tho

by the time I got to p2... wow he had a lot of health! It took the rancor like 6-7-8 crit hits to kill him at the end, and he was at 50%

not much tenacity on mine, so he got stunned and it was game over.

But yes, health carried over.

• So since the Shaken effect requires one of the B1 commanders to actually fire, as long as Maul can reliably one-shot the adds he's effectively invincible. Even with top cannon firing for massive damage. Wild
  • Ch0w
    61 posts Member
    Who has gave a try ? Did you succeeded ? I've tried in p1, p2, p3 with the same toons as him and ... i've failed
  • Ch0w wrote: »
    Who has gave a try ? Did you succeeded ? I've tried in p1, p2, p3 with the same toons as him and ... i've failed

you did read that he tried in a normal raid, right?

don't think this can work on heroic
  • Ch0w
    61 posts Member
    Yeah i was in normal raid
  • Ch0w wrote: »
    Yeah i was in normal raid
    oh ok ok

then I dunno

a video of that would help us figure it out lol
  • Where's the score screen?

N8s3xXL.jpg
    The guy on reddit said he gave up after 30 or so minutes. And retreated maul.

Why would he retreat so little into p3? my point is he can't go through p3 enrage this is mostly a P2 score. U can tell from the screen shot of damage. I can get into the 80% p3 damage wise from P2 p3 transition attacks before enrage and go through multiple rounds of enrage with tie pilot getting evasion every turn.

so this won't work to solo p3 that's my point. It's a P2 score that killed P2 and went barely into enrage of p3.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    This is such old news. Why is everyone acting like this is new information?
  • Just to confirm, has anyone had success with this type of strategy on heroics?
  • Tigzie
    579 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    He can solo a PHASE he loses the buffs in transition as it counts as a brand new encounter. (At least that's the way it's supposed to work)

It's easy to build up due to the amount of droids old rocket boy pulls, in theory it would work as well in heroic but you'd need some nicer RNG.

Either way I'm so happy that maul finally has a use in this game.
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    Dryff wrote: »

Because you are apparently the only one that knew about it?
    Tigzie wrote: »
    He can solo a PHASE he loses the buffs in transition as it counts as a brand new encounter.

It's easy to build up due to the amount of droids old rocket boy pulls, in theory it would work as well in heroic but you'd need some nicer RNG.

Part of the hub bub here is that his health gains are not acting as a buff. In p2, Maul ended up with over 1M HP, which he kept going into p3.

Personally, I think it is behaving as expected, and do not think it will get anyone very much in p3. But it may allow someone to solo p2.
  • Tigzie
    579 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

He can solo a PHASE he loses the buffs in transition as it counts as a brand new encounter.

Part of the hub bub here is that his health gains are not acting as a buff. In p2, Maul ended up with over 1M HP, which he kept going into p3.

Personally, I think it is behaving as expected, and do not think it will get anyone very much in p3. But it may allow someone to solo p2.

If that's true then yeah a big oversight by devs not downing his buffs between phases :/ I'll have to give it a go if I get a chance see what I can do with the horned devil
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    @Starson when Zeta abilities came out, there was plenty of discussion about Maul's use in the AAT raid. A quick Google search and you can find a video that is a month old:

SWGoH AAT Tank Raid Normal Phase 3 Experimenting with Darth Maul

So I highly doubt I am the only one who knew about it...lol.
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member

If that's true then yeah a big oversight by devs not downing his buffs between phases :/ I'll have to give it a go if I get a chance see what I can do with the horned devil

I'm not sure it's an oversight. They've said the raid proved more difficult than they had intended, which leads me to believe they used things like this in testing, and are surprised we didn't find and spread the tactic earlier.

At any rate, the hp gain is not a buff, or status effect, which is why I think it is WAI.
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    @Starson when Zeta abilities came out, there was plenty of discussion about Maul's use in the AAT raid. A quick Google search and you can find a video that is a month old:

SWGoH AAT Tank Raid Normal Phase 3 Experimenting with Darth Maul

So I highly doubt I am the only one who knew about it...lol.

@Dryff Yes, I saw that. But this thread has nothing to do with his Zeta. His unique cannot be zeta'd, only omega'd. And the video is only doing a couple % in p3, hardly ground breaking. Really, the discovery here is the use of the HP gain, not the HP gain itself.
  • Hey! How does this work out in heroic? Thanks in advanced.
  • Just to confirm, has anyone had success with this type of strategy on heroics?

No. Well either no or yes and they wouldn't tell people, but I think no. Ive seen some people said they failed in heroic. Would be good to see people who have maul trying it out and letting us know, not sure why no one has really.

I have doubts if it could work in heroic and even if it could, it working would mean soloing P3, which I don't think would be WAI. However CG most likely wouldn't respond til august.

Either way it'd be good to see people testing it out more
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    @Dryff Yes, I saw that. But this thread has nothing to do with his Zeta. His unique cannot be zeta'd, only omega'd. And the video is only doing a couple % in p3, hardly ground breaking. Really, the discovery here is the use of the HP gain, not the HP gain itself.

I guess I see what you are saying, but I would be shocked if none of the top players/guilds in the game didn't already have this figured out, considering it's been out there for a while now.
  • This is the kind of stuff I come here for. Thanks for spreading the news!
  • Tigzie wrote: »
    He can solo a PHASE he loses the buffs in transition as it counts as a brand new encounter. (At least that's the way it's supposed to work)

Wrong again tiggers!! Read it again

And I'd wait until someone actually does manage to solo a heroic phase before you jump to conclusions, let alone talk about soloing phases and starting new ones with bonuses carrying over being a problem.

He also is quite a good unit and probably has/will have some arena use
  • Cardiff0 wrote: »

Wrong again tiggers!! Read it again

And I'd wait until someone actually does manage to solo a heroic phase before you jump to conclusions, let alone talk about soloing phases and starting new ones with bonuses carrying over being a problem.

He also is quite a good unit and probably has/will have some arena use

Yes I agree I jumped to a conclusion there. Lmao glad to see you sought me out again after our last verbal joust xD

Seems his buffs do carry over into phases, a shame really at first glance it seems the fellow doing it is soloing the phase.

Would like to see it in heroic though, even with the carrying over the buff into phases I still think the AAT is gonna destroy him in theory it could work but in practice it's a lot harder in heroic to time it perfectly and rack up those +% gains
  • Ch0w
    61 posts Member
    Finally, it worked in P4 (normal) and after a while i ve let the auto mode
  • That's what I'm here for tiggers :smile:

I believe him that he can solo phase 3, but it's normal tank, not heroic. So yeah pretty sure you can solo p3 with it on normal, dunno about other phases.

No one knows if he could do p3 heroic, I suspect he can't. And if he can't then it's pretty useless and there's not much to see here because you either can go past enrage and keep surviving forever, or can't in which case you won't get a great score anyway.

I don't think in heroic he could get to enrage with such a huge health figure, or even if he could get so much, i don't think he could keep it after enrage, i think he would probably take too much damage and get hit by shaken. perhaps there are ways to survive I don't know, but I don't think you could get to health that high anyway

Still, it would be good to see people test this shnit out.
  • GUYS!!!!!
    Lets get a vid of this!! for each of the phases plz!
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Cardiff0 wrote: »
    That's what I'm here for tiggers :smile:

I believe him that he can solo phase 3, but it's normal tank, not heroic. So yeah pretty sure you can solo p3 with it on normal, dunno about other phases.

No one knows if he could do p3 heroic, I suspect he can't. And if he can't then it's pretty useless and there's not much to see here because you either can go past enrage and keep surviving forever, or can't in which case you won't get a great score anyway.

I don't think in heroic he could get to enrage with such a huge health figure, or even if he could get so much, i don't think he could keep it after enrage, i think he would probably take too much damage and get hit by shaken. perhaps there are ways to survive I don't know, but I don't think you could get to health that high anyway

Still, it would be good to see people test this shnit out.

This started in p2, yes normal, but if you can do something similar in p2 or p4 heroic I would say it is going to be a pretty good score. Doesn't have to go into or even solo p3. Someone will probably share it working soon, just going to be about getting the right support around him to make it work.
  • Tigzie
    579 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    @Cardiff0 @scuba

Fingers crossed it does work though would be nice to take some of the pressure off while doing the heroic raid :)

• scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Cardiff0 scuba

Fingers crossed it does work though would be nice to take some of the pressure off while doing the heroic raid :)

I will probably be able to test next week.
  • Tigzie
    579 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    Cardiff0 scuba

Oh brilliant! Let us know how it goes :) and of course good luck!

• scuba wrote: »
    Cardiff0 scuba

Replying here so I get notified. GL bro.