Poe or Qui-Gon?

Prev13
Rolf
1032 posts Member
edited January 2016
Someone's bound to do it, may as well be me...
So for everyone that doesn't have either at greater than 2* yet (since all you iPeople have Poe already), where are your Cantina credits going?
My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.

Poe or Qui-Gon? 37 votes

Poe - everyone knows he's the key!
35%
BlurDarthTygerDonnieDrakoWill_CocishugeWillkimm98aeonaxxbrinauAySteezyBruin4LifeRyAshAlan2807GarthVaderoLiZno 13 votes
QGJ - unless I dispel his Taunt!
43%
EnigmaticienPoerlijeremyj26ThrixelBuckWildeASDFQWERZXVCJoshGArijitElyndriaBaldoG1llyAmaltheaChekmate2Milly_htowmslicknic9ReySkywalker 16 votes
Busy farming someone else...
21%
LargKelleinxJazzxSakichanmeanprideduffmc81LordStylingNightsideHenken82 8 votes

Replies

• Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Qui gon I have him 4* hes 3 Shimpnetss from 5* too excited to have be able to farm him now!!!
  • Poe - everyone knows he's the key!
    Poe and aoe teams will destroy any qui gon meta we will see coming, start farming your Vader shards ;)
  • Poe and aoe teams will destroy any qui gon meta we will see coming, start farming your Vader shards ;)

Yep. Good call on the meta. Unless we see something drastic introduced to the game or a serious buff/debuff balancing like the one with Barriss/Sidious.
  • Poe and aoe teams will destroy any qui gon meta we will see coming, start farming your Vader shards ;)

I agree with this, however I believe they go hand and hand. Poe+2 assist attackers(QGJ, GS) and heavy dps(TIE/Rey) sprinkled with Poggle is devastating. Doing it all over again, I'd still get Poe to at least 4 star max gear, than switch to QGJ and max him out, than come back and finish Poe.
  • I have Poe at 5* 0/85 shards. Should I continue both or start Qui-Gon? I need both for my team
  • Busy farming someone else...
    kgong1 wrote: »
    I have Poe at 5* 0/85 shards. Should I continue both or start Qui-Gon? I need both for my team

I'm in the same exact spot as you. I feel like Poe at 5* is good enough for now so I may go for qgj. But like you, I am also looking for input
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Nightside wrote: »
    kgong1 wrote: »
    I have Poe at 5* 0/85 shards. Should I continue both or start Qui-Gon? I need both for my team

I'm in the same exact spot as you. I feel like Poe at 5* is good enough for now so I may go for qgj. But like you, I am also looking for input

My Poe is 6 star and 25 into 100 for 7 before the announcement. At 4 star he was a bit squishy but did the job, five stars was the sweet spot in my opinion. Six star didn't feel much of a difference, at seven he gains 750 HP so you be the judge. I rather go for QGJ for assist every two rounds like GS, dispell, offense up for 2 rounds.
  • G1lly
    33 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hey Im lvl 52 and recently unlocked old daka, from cantina is qui worth it to farm first or stick to old daka and Poe first? (Havnt unlocked Poe yet)
    My team
    - Phasma
    - Sid
    - Luminara
    - JC
    - GS
  • I'd say definitely pick up one of them. It depends on what team you're looking for.

Poe/Geo/Sid/Phasma/Lumi is a solid f2p team. You can implement Quigon and Poggle in those teams switch some dudes out.
  • Dem son ... good question. Poe is solid even at 4*. QGJ is one of the best, if not the best.
    Another question that is good to be answered (i know that is not going to happen, but anyway), is that Is Poe going to get nerfed ? If that is so, the answer is obvious. But Poe is not broken to be fixed imo. So only time will tell. As for now, personally I will go for the Jin.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Cantina Shipments is becoming the road block in termas of shards. So many nice things to get there.
  • Triqui wrote: »
    Cantina Shipments is becoming the road block in termas of shards. So many nice things to get there.

Ya keep farming one thing, after another unfinished to 7 star. They seriously need to put something good into arena shipments.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Unlock Poe first and make it to 4* to try him out first then decide which char u want to make to 7*. QGJ is a very solid char to take to 7*.
  • G1lly
    33 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Thanks for the advice guys I will get poe first to 4 and continue with QGJ
  • Hbk146
    215 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hi,
    As i am about to have my old daka at 7 stars by tomorrow i wondered who to get next in cantina shipments. I know she is not that great but i wanted to finish her before i started a new one. So who should i get?
    By the way my team:
    Sid 7*
    Lumi 7*
    Luke 7*
    Poggle 7*
    Old daka 7*
    Assajj 5 *(current arena goal)
    Kylo 6*(current cantina goal)
    Phasma 4*(current gw goal)
    Barris 4*
    Dooku 4*
    Vader 4*
    Chewie 4*
    Anakin 4*

What would be your favourite composition and future goals?
    I think it would be something like phasma, kylo, sid, lumi, poe
  • Why not both?

U can have your milk and drink it too!!

• Why not both?

Because i want to focus on one char to get him to 7 * fast and improve the team
  • Hbk146 wrote: »
    Why not both?

Because i want to focus on one char to get him to 7 * fast and improve the team

I'd say Poe 100%.

QGJ is a great Jedi, but if you don't have other Jedi, u won't feel a thing (that's what he said!)
  • wikking4u
    60 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hey, I have a question about QGJ: Is he only brilliant in Jedi Teams or does he do well in almost all Allround teams (so no specific droid teams, but for example Sid, Lumi, GS, Poe, QGJ).

I am on a new server and haven't faced many QGJ yet (luckily).
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    I simply like QGJ better. And the Poe tactics will not be viable forever.
  • Nonemo wrote: »
    I simply like QGJ better. And the Poe tactics will not be viable forever.

Can you explain why you like him better? And how will u use him in your Squad?

Sorry, but I have Mace. JC and Eeth on my Squad. Mace is excellent tank and Eeth is very fast. But when it comes to battles, QGJ is excellent for me. But I'm just asking how u will use him. Thanks
  • wikking4u wrote: »
    Hey, I have a question about QGJ: Is he only brilliant in Jedi Teams or does he do well in almost all Allround teams (so no specific droid teams, but for example Sid, Lumi, GS, Poe, QGJ).

I am on a new server and haven't faced many QGJ yet (luckily).

He does better OUTSIDE jedi teams.

But he is weak, so if you hit him, he will die easily
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    QGJ opens up more strategic options for you... i.e. debuffing or damaging stuff.

Poe is a one trick pony. Taunts and dies.

That's not saying QGJ will out survive Poe... far from it.. he'll die if you sneeze on him.. but given QGJ is naturally quite fast.. as long as he isn't hit by Dooku in the first round of turns.. he'll usually survive to affect the battle quite significantly...

If QGJ doesn't miss on his assist attack and calls in someone else who does significant damage... he can kill Sidious outright.. If you have Phasma as a leader and it also procs her leadership ability. it will cause two team members to assist on QGJ assist attack.. that can do very significant damage on even Barriss if not kill her.

So all in all QGJ offers more strategic options than Poe.. That doesn't mean he's more useful than Poe... it kinda depends on your needs and how you go about your fights..
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • ok, thanks. It's just that I have Poe almost at 5* and QGJ at 2* (but never used him) and now have to decide whether to 7* Poe or leave him at 5* (VIII gear) and start QGJ.

Does Poe really need 7*? He dies anyway after 1-2 rounds.
  • I finished JC and Kylo Ren a long time ago. I've been hitting Mace Windu since I'm close on 7 stars. Who do you all think the best character to go for?
  • I will hesitate on farming poe, they will still nerf him in the upcoming patch. I cannot see them leaving poe as he is, even with QGJ its still not a real solution
  • Hello,
    I'm level 65 and was wondering if I should keep starring Poe or switch to qui gon. My Poes at 5 star and halfway to six. My team is
    7 star Sid lead
    7 star Poggle
    5 star Ig-88
    5 star Poe
    And either 7 star Lumi/ 6 (nearly 7) star Kylo/ or 5 (almost 6) star Dooku.
    Should I continue Poe or get qui gon?
  • GS and Dooku
    829-416-931
  • I say QGJ because i cannot see poe being as viable as he is right now once the update hits. At least with QGJ most people wouldnt have him at 5* until 1 wk so most nerf QGJ threads wouldnt be so prominent by the time update happens. So u get to abuse him for longer
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    I'm using 6* QGJ and he's awesome for burst damage (harmonious blow can usually one shot any non tanky character) and buff removal. With this update I can finally 7* him, and that will be a joyous occasion.