Poe or Qui-Gon?

Replies

• Hey!

I'm in the same situation as you are at the moment. If I were you, I'd go for 6 star Poe then switch to QGJ. At least, that is what I'm going to do.
  • im the exact same place as well.
  • QGJ - unless I dispel his Taunt!
    If only there were 12 other threads about this very topic.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Gurley30
    175 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I think this debate deserves its own thread since its still up in the air, and it seems like people are buying into the idea that QGJ's ability to remove a taunt makes him a "counter."

I'm not sure that it does since:
    • Poe gets a lot of his power from turn meter manipulation.
    • The dumb AI makes a taunt far more reliable than the hope that QGJ happens to use dispel correctly.
    • QGJ's Jedi class is a liability in a meta where Sidious is absolutely everywhere. Jedi's have a hard time with Sid's increased dodge chance.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    That's my question as well. I have 4 star QGJ and 3 star Poe and up until yesterday fully planned to focus on Poe and then the announcement came.
  • There are like threads on this over at the Heroes and Strategy section:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/8610/poe-or-qui-gon#latest

• MRFREE2PLAY90
    282 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    100% QGJ :).

Poe will eventually get nerfed probably get QGJ :).
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    While this thread question has come up numerous times. If I was starting over, I would get Poe to 4 stars min first, max his gear out than focus on QGJ. Poe can be useful as early as 4 stars while playing his role effectively. QGJ on the other hand does not, he needs to be at least 5 stars min to not be so squishy, more the better. Otherwise he becomes a one hit fodder. This way if they do nerf Poe you only lose minimal investment and still have QGJ. If they don't nerf Poe you proceed as planned.
  • Anraeth wrote: »
    While this thread question has come up numerous times. If I was starting over, I would get Poe to 4 stars min first, max his gear out than focus on QGJ. Poe can be useful as early as 4 stars while playing his role effectively. QGJ on the other hand does not, he needs to be at least 5 stars min to not be so squishy, more the better. Otherwise he becomes a one hit fodder. This way if they do nerf Poe you only lose minimal investment and still have QGJ. If they don't nerf Poe you proceed as planned.

I like that plan! :)
  • I just use Mace to clear taunts :p
  • Gurley30
    175 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Phasma Lead
    Sid
    Geo
    Luminara
    Dooku

This is for arena btw.
  • Title says it all who is more valuable now to farm in the shipments? Is it wise to stop farming poemail and go for QuiGon?
  • I'm going for Qui Gon.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I would replace Sid with QGJ in that team, assuming you have similar stars and gear
  • I agree ^^^
  • I'm going for Qui Gon.

+1.

He will be very useful for me and cant wait to get him to 7* and show him off :D.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    I put this up yesterday and it got moved to the characters page lol
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • QGJ - Liam Neeson shall have his revenge!
  • Chekmate
    10 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    QGJ - unless I dispel his Taunt!
    100% QGJ :).

Poe will eventually get nerfed probably get QGJ :).

As they stand now, Poe is the best character in game. Poe alone requires the enemy to play differently. In a single ability, Poe (i) protects his allies, (ii) allows his entire team to act before enemy can react, and (iii) has a chance to allow teammate to do more damage to enemy. Poe is fast and is one of the first to act so it gives his team opportunity to take out 1 or 2 enemies before they can react and automatically in winning position.

In addition, he has above average survivability due to high health pool, resistance, and heal on resists.

I still expect that Poe will still be good if they happen to nerf him. They can nerf him in a number of ways but I still think he will be viable. For starters, I think they have to split his taunt from the expose/turn meter. With this change, he will still be very good as he can protect his allies and will likely survive the first round of enemy attacks due to his survivability. The second nerf is a change to his speed. A reduction in speed would definitely change current compositions as he won't be able to protect squishy teammates and 1 ally might get picked off before he can taunt.

TLDR: Poe is strongest Arena character in game. He should still be good even with nerfs but won't be "required."
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Both are overpowered and due for a good nerfing in the coming update. Proceed with caution.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Both are overpowered and due for a good nerfing in the coming update. Proceed with caution.

Qeltar I like ya and I appreciate your detailed and informative posts but the constant insistence on nerfing instead of working around is tired.
  • They actually synergize well...poe is more op than QGJ, but they make each other better.
  • I have a similar concern: I have a 4* Poe, a 3* 5s and a 3* QGJ. I have like 6k cantina credits sitting due to my indecision. I'm lvl 63 and all toons listed below are there (or almost).

My though for an Arena team would be this if I go for QGJ:
    7* Lumi
    7* Sid
    5* JC
    6* QGJ, I should be able to get there in a week.
    and either 5* Dooku or 5* GS here
    (all with VII or VII gear)
    Not perfect synergy but I think a well balanced team

Bench would be 4* Vader, 4* Kylo, 4* Chewie, 4* Thalia, plus Poe and whoever does not make it to the Arena team.

I'm killing it in GW, doing well in LS and DS Battles, but just top 100 in Arena. I want to break to top 50. My server has plenty of lvl 66 players and being F2P I don't think I can break further anytime soon
  • Here is the thing that I think a lot of people are not doing and thinking about: Poe's leader buff to Resistance Trooper and Pilot is pretty much doing what Poggle does for all of these glass cannon teams, and those R. soldiers are two of the hardest hitters at 70. I wonder if Poe's leader buff and Poggle's would double stack on R trooper and pilot.

There are a lot of great options with a Poe Pilot Trooper team, including QGJ and Lumi
  • With the new addition of Qui Gon Jin to Squad Cantina Battle Shipments, there is a lot more conflict with who to budget my shipments with. My question is who is better, Qui Gon Jin or Poe?
  • Xorthyx
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    So I now have my 7* sid which begs the question what character to get next for arena shipments. I am also almost done farming Boba and Lumi so I am also looking for suggestions on who to farm in GW and Cantina next also. I cannot beat GW every day I usually get around 800 points so looking to improve that mainly but also want to start competing more in arena, I'm always under 500 haven't made the push to 200 yet. I am pretty much f2p, have made small purchases. I was thinking stormtrooper Han might be cool but it sounds like Poe is just better.

My current lineup,
    Sid 7* almost full lvl 8 gear
    Boba 6* lvl 8 gear
    Lumi 6* lvl 7 gear
    JC 5* lvl 7 gear
    and either 4* Vader or 5* Luke both lvl 6 gear
    I also have
    4* Dooku
    4* Oppess
    4* Daka
    3* Phasma
    3* Han
    3* IG-88
  • I've fully upgraded luminara. Who is worth farming from GW now. Not to crazy about any of them. But who would u say is the next best to put the time into getting fully upgraded other than lum?
  • phasma or poggle
  • Depends on game style. Poggle and Phasma will work well on most teams but I've also had decent success with Biggs.
  • who to farm first? thanks i got my poe the day before QGJ became farmable in cantina battles. Now im confused :smiley: