How much strong should my ships be to get a 5* capital ship?

I finally have five 4* ls ships, but I can't beat the endourance or home-one 5* challenge.
wiggs and jc ships are lvl 70, the others are lvl 60. Toons are:
wedge (7* G10 lvl84)
biggs (7* G9 lvl84)
jc (6* G8 lvl72)
ashoka (5* G7 lvl72)
5s (7* G9 lvl72)
Should i focus on upgrading the ships or the pilots to beat the challenge and how strong should they be?

Replies

• I don't understand why you should be having any trouble completing it. I have a similar squad and I just auto battled that challenge.
  • Keep trying maybe?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ships are almost exclusively multipliers, this means that the toons are more important to some extent. There is a really good post about how ship power is calculated in the guide section. This can help you understand the relationship. I will post the link when I find it.

When I am about to take on a new challenge I will save up ship coins and slowly upgrade the ships that have issues if I don't succeed.
  • Thanks for your responds. When it seems that i can win the battle the other ship calls rainforcements. And the rainforcements never end
  • That's funny, I've got the opposite problem--I cakewalked through Endurance and Home One challenges, but just keep ramming my head into the wall on Executrix.

As others said, what's more important than your ship is your pilot. Rank up their stars, gear them up, level them, give them mods (You don't have to give them GOOD mods or set bonuses, just any old 5* mods--and level them), upgrade their abilities. Eventually you'll climb the hump and break through.

I swear, all they need to do is give one Droid a ship and I'll be able to waltz through no problem, but I just don't have any Empire or Geonosians properly invested...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I'm sure the IG-2000 will show up, Probably about the Same time as Bossk becomes a Toon with the Hounds Tooth.(fingers crossed)
  • vazelos81 wrote: »
    I finally have five 4* ls ships, but I can't beat the endourance or home-one 5* challenge.
    wedge (7* G10 lvl84)
    biggs (7* G9 lvl84)
    jc (6* G8 lvl72)
    ashoka (5* G7 lvl72)
    5s (7* G9 lvl72)
    Should i focus on upgrading the ships or the pilots to beat the challenge and how strong should they be?

Same problem:
    Wedge(Shiplevel 65) 7*,Lv85,G10,P8001
    Biggs(Shiplevel 75) 7*,Lv85,G10,P8392
    Jc(Shiplevel 70) 7*,Lv73,G8,P5712
    Ahsoka(Shiplevel 70) 7*,Lv80,G9,P7481
    5s(Shiplevel 60) 7*,Lv80,G8,P6682

I´m near to quit, because even if I have the last 24 shards for slave1, the darkside pilots are not even near these levels and gears, so no zetas for me for ... another 6 months? Tell the "normal" people they have no chance to farm zetas, so they have to buy them from fleetshipments, but dont tell them, they need just 4-5 4*ships to progress (or tell them additionally, that the pilots need to be lv85, g10-11, all equipped with 5dotmods at lv15).

Its like I wrote a month ago:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/80239/ships-new-content-but-need-too-much-old-content

• i was thinking too that i could get the zeta challenge just by collecting 5 ships from each side....
    Now i think that i need two more months to farm and upgrade the geonosians...
    I miss 24 blueprints for sIave1 to have five 4* dark ships but only the two tie pilots are decent
  • tizian wrote: »
    vazelos81 wrote: »
    wedge (7* G10 lvl84)
    biggs (7* G9 lvl84)
    jc (6* G8 lvl72)
    ashoka (5* G7 lvl72)
    5s (7* G9 lvl72)

Same problem:
    Wedge(Shiplevel 65) 7*,Lv85,G10,P8001
    Biggs(Shiplevel 75) 7*,Lv85,G10,P8392
    Jc(Shiplevel 70) 7*,Lv73,G8,P5712
    Ahsoka(Shiplevel 70) 7*,Lv80,G9,P7481
    5s(Shiplevel 60) 7*,Lv80,G8,P6682

I´m near to quit, because even if I have the last 24 shards for slave1, the darkside pilots are not even near these levels and gears, so no zetas for me for ... another 6 months? Tell the "normal" people they have no chance to farm zetas, so they have to buy them from fleetshipments, but dont tell them, they need just 4-5 4*ships to progress (or tell them additionally, that the pilots need to be lv85, g10-11, all equipped with 5dotmods at lv15).

Its like I wrote a month ago:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/80239/ships-new-content-but-need-too-much-old-content

All of this....Ships grind is just another soul sucking quest. I don't want to waste my time with GeoSpy, SunFac and Maul, but now have too. Vader ship shards out of reach, close to activating Slave....which gives me 3 out of 5, OH but wait I can start on FOTP as soon as I'm done with finishing my last two jedi and last two jawas and don't forget rounding off Ashoka and JC..........whatever I'm rambling. I could stop playing at anytime I guess. Still kinda fun for now......except ships.