Questions on Tournament Points per Match

Does anyone know when the max points per match drops to 40? Does it drop any lower later? If so, when?

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I just started paying attention to this. If it has been posted, a link would be helpful.

FYI, it dropped to 50 points max after the 28th match.

Replies

• hnewton
    492 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    The higher the rank the less the points
  • Options
    hnewton wrote: »

Just not true....I started early this tournament and was able to go below 50....still received 100 points for a perfect k.o......then skipped several hours, was above 250 and received 70 per fight....I don't get it at all.....can somebody please explain?
  • Mef1428
    144 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    hnewton wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm not so sure about that. If you have any evidence for it though, I would be glad to read it.

And I never got near the top 50 or 100 or even 500 this tournament (not complaining, I purposefully held back on blowing all AP), and still had 50 point matches.

Here was my experience:

200 points - matches 1-2
    170 points - matches 3-5
    150 points - matches 6-9
    120 points - matches 10-14
    100 points - matches 15-20
    70 points - matches 21-28
    50 points - matches 29 on

didn't lose a match and didn't hit 40 points this time. I have hit it in the past when I did more matches.

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/69338/game-update-9-28-2016
    Players earn points in combat for each enemy unit they defeat and earn bonus points for their surviving units. These points scale based on the difference in cumulative points between the player and opponent.

So the closer in total points your opponents get the lower the points per match. When starting out you are much farther away. As you climb and get knocked back you are closer in total points.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Players earn points in combat for each enemy unit they defeat and earn bonus points for their surviving units. These points scale based on the difference in cumulative points between the player and opponent.
    Ok, thanks. That explains why, sometimes, the furthest left match is worth about 10 fewer points than the others. However, I have never personally seen it go backwards - with Match X worth Y points, and Match X+! worth Y+1 points. It has always stayed the same or gone down.

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Mef1428 wrote: »
    Ok, thanks. That explains why, sometimes, the furthest left match is worth about 10 fewer points than the others. However, I have never personally seen it go backwards - with Match X worth Y points, and Match X+! worth Y+1 points. It has always stayed the same or gone down.

If high enough the one on the far left could be someone with lower points then you, this is typically the lowest points that I have seen.
    Don't know that it is necessary ever going to go back up. The nature of the "tournament" you will fall in ranks because people get 1 or more points then you. So you are typically going to have players within couple hundred points of you once you raise in ranks and keep climbing or falling.
  • Options
    If high enough the one on the far left could be someone with lower points then you, this is typically the lowest points that I have seen.
    BTW, I don't think EA is being fully accurate with how they score it, if it is allegedly the difference between your points and the points of others. I am more and more convinced it is a straight progression.

Why? Because this tournament had the exact same point distribution per match for me as the last tournament, same points correspond to same number of matches, at least through match 20. This is looking less and less like a coincidence.

There was one change, but it didn't affect the overall points available. In match 9 this time, I found and fought a 14k power opponent (on the far left) with some of my "never use" toons for 140 points (instead of 150). The tournament made it up to me by allowing 125 point matches in my 13th and 14th (instead of 120).

• Options
    @mef1428 hey this is ramza Beoulve from your arena shard we have a discord if you'd like to join