Low-star meta??

Hey, y'all! After this next tourney I'm hoping to have Jyn, Cassian, and Chirrut unlocked, and I've farmed Baze from shipments.

I just want to know—are these toons viable without full stars in a sub-80 arena shard? And is it worth giving Jyn my first Zeta in that case? I'd be running EP as my fifth unless there are better suggestions until I get GK (Shore, B2, and TFP are other options)

As a slight aside, does Tenacity Up cause you to resist TM manipulation? Asking bc Chirrut is the only one who can outspeed some STHans for me rn.

Replies

• So long a it's resistable, Ten Up resists it, so I'd say yes.

I believe Baze and Chiirut are fine at lower stars (especially together) unknown on Jyn and Cassian.
  • Low star meta is sidious + luminara + JC + clone sergent + chewie
  • BrianBuchanans
    692 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Low star meta is sidious + luminara + JC + clone sergent + chewie

its funny bc sidious does well with Zeta Vader, Lumi can be key to a GK squad for full healing, Sergeant kicks butt with the clones, and Chewie works on a P3 tank squad ;)

EDIT: not to mention JC's ship does great with a Mace squad
  • Shoretrooper seems to be a beast even at only 3 or 4 stars
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    My shard has been running 4 star (max) chirrut with 5* baze (slowly climbing) for about 2 weeks with no issues. There are currently 3 people running this and very successfully.

Gear is the key.
  • Baze and chirrut are fine at lower star levels, I run
    wedge(L)
    Biggs
    shoretrooper (4*)
    chirrut (4*)
    baze (4*)
    all gear 11 and have no trouble taking #1 against empire squads, qgj zeta squads and similar teams as mine with higher * Lvl
    Very rarely do I fall from top 10 the * Lvl doesn't hurt that much if you have the gear
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I've used 5* g10 Baze for two weeks and it works well. I didn't have Shoretrooper.
    Yesterday I tried a 3* Chirrut as well. He was still a bit squishy at g9, but after giving him one more droid caller and switching some mods around, I introduced him for good on my team today. Works fine.
    (Noone else on my shard is using either of them)