QGJ doesn't fix the Poe Problem. W2G~

Replies

• Dark
    199 posts Member
    Can I have your stuff?... too soon? Ok no.
    Anyway, let's wait for thursday's update then you will have the valid answers.
    Ally Code: 859-197-534
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Okay, suppose they announced a week in advance that Jinn would become farmable. What would happen to chromium pack sales immediately afterwards? It would be a pretty dumb business move.
    I do get that people who may have just dropped a bunch of cash trying to get the guy would be upset. But this is part of the risk when you go that route.

If they don't have a system in place where they can announce this sort of stuff in advance, then the system is SUPER shady. What you're basically saying is they've intentionally designed a gacha where they can't give us any information at all about what to expect because it means they won't make money. That's not a very respectable gacha if true.
  • Emily
    3 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Naecabon wrote: »

Every time I see an obscure 1 Post fresh account that makes posts specifically about the awesome things devs do and even drops a "It's no wonder Jesse doesn't like this guy" I always want to wave and say Hiiiiii Deeevvv

Yeah, I normally stick to Line chat to talk to my group. I rely on the forums though for news and changes. I actually logged in though just because our entire group was mostly positive about this, minus the worried people that have a ton of extra shards and think it may pan out badly when the shard exchange rolls around.

Official forums are always like this though so I won't make you feel too bad ;). Hiiii back though and nice to meet you ^.^.
  • Honestly I'm happy to see this. I've bought dozens of Chron packs, but sadly the force was not with me. Maul is 1 Shard from 6, Lando 3 from 6, Leia 1/2 to 5 QGJ barely on way to 5. I got them low star, and mainly get RG, Ewok, Veres, Tuskan and trooper shards, so bad luck. After buying 5 more trying to get the Shards needed to move one of the mentioned up and winding up with notta I stopped. I had hoped to see some Chron toons added.

I'd love to see Maul, Leia, QGJ added to the shipments, and like Lando and Been shards available for Crystals regularly in the regular shipments.

I think this is great. I got booted mid fight for this update after spending Crystals to refresh and enter top 5, so I lost out decent, however now having QGJ in shipments has made me happy and I can forgive the terrible timing.

Thank you, please add more Chron toons. Please add to arena shipments there is nothing worthwhile left there.
  • Sakichan
    94 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Dear bros, at least let's wait for big update in february, i think they will made adjustments to many things. Maybe our many problems will be fixed by then.

For now, i think it is not a bad move putting jinn in the cantina shop.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I love how the comments are all "Thanks for making QGJ a shard character" etc as if this post was me saying anything about the philosophy of QGJ becoming a free character.

This post had nothing to do with my thoughts on QGJ becoming free. I do not care about the chromium exclusives inevitably becoming free. I've expected that since day one of playing. Who cares.

I care about

- the apparently lack of understanding of the Poe situation and half-measure of releasing QGJ in a /yawn update as a way to try to fix it. (Make no mistake, someone on that team said "Well let's just release QGJ and see what happens in the weeks leading up to the content update")

- the fact there was no WARNING on the QGJ thing coming (a lot of people, myself included, always expected it was coming, but we certainly didn't expect this small of a window in the announcement)

- no communication whatsoever on the "big picture" of chromium exclusives and how it will all play out. make no mistake, I made this post on the behalf of many upset fellow players because I figured people already didn't like me and it would be easier this way. We have a lot of upset members that feel like they've been hoodwinked by a shady system.

They can release every single Chromium character to Cantina Shipments for all I care, just give us proper announcements well ahead of time and an idea of what to actually expect with the game
  • Naecabon wrote: »
    I love how the comments are all "Thanks for making QGJ a shard character" etc as if this post was me saying anything about the philosophy of QGJ becoming a free character.

This post had nothing to do with my thoughts on QGJ becoming free. I do not care about the chromium exclusives inevitably becoming free. I've expected that since day one of playing. Who cares.

I care about

- the apparently lack of understanding of the Poe situation and half-measure of releasing QGJ in a /yawn update as a way to try to fix it. (Make no mistake, someone on that team said "Well let's just release QGJ and see what happens in the weeks leading up to the content update")

- the fact there was no WARNING on the QGJ thing coming (a lot of people, myself included, always expected it was coming, but we certainly didn't expect this small of a window in the announcement)

- no communication whatsoever on the "big picture" of chromium exclusives and how it will all play out. make no mistake, I made this post on the behalf of many upset fellow players because I figured people already didn't like me and it would be easier this way. We have a lot of upset members that feel like they've been hoodwinked by a shady system.

They can release every single Chromium character to Cantina Shipments for all I care, just give us proper announcements well ahead of time and an idea of what to actually expect with the game

I just don't understand. I played swfc since pretty much launch. I was part of the best legion in the game. I don't remember them ever going to forums and talking to the player base. Well that's not true.

Early on in the game, There was a dev on AI and it didn't last long because of all the complaining. Now they just lurk. The fact that you feel you know better than they do, displays how much hubris you have. They are more than just a collection of players. They are the creators as well.

I have seen you mention blizzard before as a model to mimic. There is no 15/month subscription and 60 dollar purchase every year. I can play without spending a single cent. We are not entitled to full or even half disclose of behind the door policy. Let it play out before calling abandon ship.

EA doesn't have to give advanced notice. If anything, they have shown a trend of asking for forgiveness rather than permission.

There will be new chrom only playable characters that will be introduced. Knowing the schedule of the drops will affect sales and it will cause the player base to roar in anger when a deadline is missed.

I am not even on board with the reason for qgj in cantina as a cure for Poe. I think it's a strategy to get f2p or p2p players to spend crystals on refills.
  • I personally don't care about them not providing notification of adding a previously Chromium character to Cantina shipments. As @Qeltar mentioned earlier - I think it would be foolish of them to do so because of the hit they would take to pack sales - and also all they would hear about once they announce it is everyone's opinion and complaints about the move. Much easier for them to just do it and let people gripe and complain and let it work itself out.

Perhaps not the nicest way to handle it, but then again many people aren't the nicest in their complaints about whatever CG does - so I'd say the burden of guilt for the way things are handled is roughly equal. If we want the devs to be better about giving us advance notice and keep us more in the loop when changes are coming, then we need to stop jumping down their throat every time they do try to announce a change and give us some notice. The shard exchange is a perfect example of that. They tried to announce an upcoming feature and all they got in response was dozens of complaints, people telling them how to do it and people chasing them down with pitchforks demanding more information right away. Why would they want to subject themselves to that?

Yes they are the company and we are the customer, and yes they want to keep us happy and the customer is always right blah blah blah - but if we want to have more of a voice - and more advance notice of changes - then we need to earn it by being respectful and civil when they try to do just that.
  • pitchfork.jpg

Poe Fix
  • Okay, you've got me confused. In one post, you decry the lack of advance notice because you have somehow been hoodwinked into spending on packs? But in the other, you say you stopped spending on packs long ago and don't care that QGJ is being pushed to all.

So if you stopped buying packs long ago, how exactly have you been hurt by this?
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Okay, suppose they announced a week in advance that Jinn would become farmable. What would happen to chromium pack sales immediately afterwards? It would be a pretty dumb business move.
    I do get that people who may have just dropped a bunch of cash trying to get the guy would be upset. But this is part of the risk when you go that route.

The other option is forever lose a player pay base. Forever is NEVER good.
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • Fabzorz wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »

I don't expect many to actually be upset about this. This means more chromium only characters are coming.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Personally, I'm glad CG didn't run this by you before release or anything else for that matter. :) Go grab a beer or something.
  • Adding QGJ into farmable status is not the wrong move per se, rather it was how they did it that is rubbing people the wrong way. They should have done this move at the same time as adding a new character, then there would be fewer complaints.

They really need to get a launch system down on how they release new content and manage older content or else it'll be pitchfork season anytime they make moves like this.
  • Fabzorz wrote: »

If moving a previously Chromium character to a shipment is going to cause someone to drop the game, then there's nothing CG can do about that. It is unrealistic to expect that all characters currently only in Chromium would always stay that way. They need to move current characters into shipments / hard missions / cantina missions in order to keep the current low-spending player base excited - and also to make room for new chromium-only characters in future releases. That is the nature of an evolving game that has to keep up with multiple player styles and try to keep them all appeased.
  • From a business point of view I think it's a bad decision

Reasons being it was exclusive to chromium packs only yesterday and free to obtain today

People spending in order to star up / obtain their presumed exclusive chromium only characters will feel short changed and deceived

I wouldn't be surprised if chargebacks and refunds proceedings are underway for the fact that they misrepresented the word exclusive here

EA also likely lost some credibility here , spenders will think twice now when new "exclusive" stuff hits the store

from a gaming point of view it's an attempt to level the playing field and would benefit the majority of the players but its likely an expensive decision going forward
  • I've never seen so much complaining about a source of entertainment which can be done in your free time, for free. Completely baffles me that some get so enraged over a game. BTW I'm F2P
    Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
  • akositzke wrote: »
    Fabzorz wrote: »

If moving a previously Chromium character to a shipment is going to cause someone to drop the game, then there's nothing CG can do about that. It is unrealistic to expect that all characters currently only in Chromium would always stay that way. They need to move current characters into shipments / hard missions / cantina missions in order to keep the current low-spending player base excited - and also to make room for new chromium-only characters in future releases. That is the nature of an evolving game that has to keep up with multiple player styles and try to keep them all appeased.

That IS NOT the argument here. I think moving all the toons to farmable locations eventually is very good for the game. But doing it without notice is very bad for the long term health of the game. If you were buying packs at 1pm looking for QGJ shards and suddenly he is free you would be a very sad panda, and probably stop spending money on the game. When people stop spending money.. well there is no more game. You guys all want to see Yoda and Grievous and RoTJ Luke? Well if no one is spending money than you won't.
  • Velvethunder
    203 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Icyraine wrote: »
    From a business point of view I think it's a bad decision

Reasons being it was exclusive to chromium packs only yesterday and free to obtain today

People spending in order to star up / obtain their presumed exclusive chromium only characters will feel short changed and deceived

I wouldn't be surprised if chargebacks and refunds proceedings are underway for the fact that they misrepresented the word exclusive here

EA also likely lost some credibility here , spenders will think twice now when new "exclusive" stuff hits the store

from a gaming point of view it's an attempt to level the playing field and would benefit the majority of the players but its likely an expensive decision going forward

Spot on :)

There are other ways to benefit the majority i.e. release ewok commando that is an analogue of Qui Gon's abilities.

Reason why Japanese mobile game makers are brilliant; they make sure that the paying players dont get burned by keeping the cosmetics exclusive, but pushing out analogues that benefit everyone.

Ball dropped.
  • It's just a business move to move qgj to shipments. It makes no business sense for cg to announce their decision in advance. Why on earth would you do that?.
  • Khai
    81 posts Member
    Sometimes i wonder if you hate playing this game...
    You make good points tho!
    I def. think they are doing this on purpose!
  • Kaat
    41 posts Member
    I wouldn't say QGJ is the only advantage P2W players had. While Rey and FOTP are technically farmable, i doubt many if any F2P have them 7* (certainly not Rey yet). At least on my leaderboard those are staples of big spenders.

I also do not see how having notice would have mattered to big spenders. It will be weeks before F2P players have QGJ star lvl high enough to use him. So you have plenty of time to adjust. If anything some F2P would have been saving cantina tokens, since they are the hardest to farm while having the best options to purchase.
  • @Naecabon have to say Whales just got harpooned. However, it will take at least 2 months to farm a QGJ from scratch for true F2P so just chill..
  • Romao33 wrote: »
    I can't imagine the kind of life you have...

Best laugh of my day. Thanks!
  • Fabzorz
    87 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    pay2win wrote: »
    Fabzorz wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »

I don't expect many to actually be upset about this. This means more chromium only characters are coming.

Not if you are free to play. And not if you are a whale. But if you were a casual spender buying to get QGJ shards in the recent and now this dropped, you would be upset.
  • Kaat wrote: »
    I also do not see how having notice would have mattered to big spenders.

Spenders playing the game for the collection aspect would stop spending earlier :)
  • Romao33 wrote: »
    I can't imagine the kind of life you have...

Best laugh of my day. Thanks!

naecabon actually does make some decent points, and his complaining isn't even as close some people who have absolutely no life and have thousands of posts :D of 99% whining.
  • Kaat
    41 posts Member
    Kaat wrote: »
    I also do not see how having notice would have mattered to big spenders.

Spenders playing the game for the collection aspect would stop spending earlier :)

So if today they had just made the announcement that in a week or 2 it was happening, they would have stopped spending today? But instead it was just implemented with no notice, so they will stop spending... Today?
  • Shrug, I know with this change, I will be channelling my spending to other games.
    No big deal. The Japanese are better at managing the p2p and f2p crowds anyway.