QGJ doesn't fix the Poe Problem. W2G~

Replies

• xJazzx wrote: »
    d3gauss wrote: »
    This is just another example of them doing random things they thought up at lunch.

random things that make most of the their customers population happy my..

@xJazzx since when do you hot fix happiness? If they had just released a preview saying that QGJ would be farmable in the next update they would have had the same happiness increase or higher.

You are delusional if you think they did this to increase happiness, at most that was an intended side effect, but not it's purpose.
  • I think all characters should be available via shipments AND farming.

The Chromium packs are simply a 'go faster' option for me. It's for those willing to spend to get the characters ASAP instead of in 1-3months.

I firmly believe that QGJ should not have been the only Chromium moved to a shipment table (and, that he should have been put in GW where he belonged, not Cantina). They should have moved Darth Maul and others as well.

The Arena (and to an extent GW) is going to always be 'broken' as long as their are Chromium only toons out there. It means there will _never_ be a level playing field (Poe arguments aside). It will always be rock vs rock for the top wallet warriors regardless and it will always be an uphill battle of random luck and placement for the f2p people. This is why I argue that regardless of your feelings on Poe, it really does not matter (whether you buy their being a counter or not). The only way to lessen the effect of specific synergies is to lessen the damage being done (which has the unpleasant side effect of making fights drag on longer than most would prefer and making the 5min draw a much more common occurrence in Arena... I have a fix for that that I will be starting a new thread on shortly, btw).

The highest value item in this game is TIME. That's what all the Chromiums, Crystals, etc., need to be focused on. Not locking a few elite toons behind paywalls that breaks the game across the board.
    Frankly, although I proposed making chrom chars available to everyone (and I am one of those wallet warriors that you mentioned), I really doubt that it will make F2P players more competitive in Arena and GW. Whales will dominate arena with refills, max gears and many more Arena refreshes. So that is not the solution for the "unfair" advantage (assume for now that we are living in a world that whether you pay or not you should get the same things lol).

GW should be hard is EA's aim, they will try to make it near impossible to complete for most people regardless, mark my words. 15 shards/day brings imbalance to shipments.

The only real solution to this unfair advantage is EA stops selling packs and crystals, j/king. There is a market, there is a buyer.

You can reduce the gap. You will not be able to close the gap ever. People need foods to develop the game.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    "F2P Rejoice! Whales vomit in their mouths! Everyone wins!"

Nice statement. I spent a lot $ to get my QGJ to 7*. Now I enjoy him but like u said: The vomit is getting up. - Nice choice from EA to put out the (in my eyes) best chromium char out for free. Now I feel totally screwed. That's how they treat their best customers...
  • QGJM wrote: »

Nice statement. I spent a lot $ to get my QGJ to 7*. Now I enjoy him but like u said: The vomit is getting up. - Nice choice from EA to put out the (in my eyes) best chromium char out for free. Now I feel totally screwed. That's how they treat their best customers...
    QGJM wrote: »

What else did you get for $2000? 7* FOTP?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    That's how they treat their best customers...

All your ranting has nothing to do with @Naecabon op. But I lol'd at this gem.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Had FOTP at 7* when he was chromium only. Then he was available through "hard-modus" - no problem with that.

But the way they "throw out" QGJ like a stormtrooper is a heavy slap in a whales face.
  • QGJM wrote: »
    Had FOTP at 7* when he was chromium only. Then he was available through "hard-modus" - no problem with that.

But the way they "throw out" QGJ like a stormtrooper is a heavy slap in a whales face.

Do you know fully f2p players can only get 2.5 qgj shards per day?

With 100 crystal refresh, they can get another 2.5 shards.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I think all characters should be available via shipments AND farming.

The Chromium packs are simply a 'go faster' option for me. It's for those willing to spend to get the characters ASAP instead of in 1-3months.

I firmly believe that QGJ should not have been the only Chromium moved to a shipment table (and, that he should have been put in GW where he belonged, not Cantina). They should have moved Darth Maul and others as well.

The Arena (and to an extent GW) is going to always be 'broken' as long as their are Chromium only toons out there. It means there will _never_ be a level playing field (Poe arguments aside). It will always be rock vs rock for the top wallet warriors regardless and it will always be an uphill battle of random luck and placement for the f2p people. This is why I argue that regardless of your feelings on Poe, it really does not matter (whether you buy their being a counter or not). The only way to lessen the effect of specific synergies is to lessen the damage being done (which has the unpleasant side effect of making fights drag on longer than most would prefer and making the 5min draw a much more common occurrence in Arena... I have a fix for that that I will be starting a new thread on shortly, btw).

The highest value item in this game is TIME. That's what all the Chromiums, Crystals, etc., need to be focused on. Not locking a few elite toons behind paywalls that breaks the game across the board.

No kidding the only ones who have determined what is only "chromium" only are people in the forums not CG.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I know from people who are starting to farm him right now they say they get him to 7* in about 30-60 days. So that's throwing out a char. Before yesterday u had to spend around 1,5k$ To get him to 7*
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @Qeltar - you'll be happy to see this. Health is closing the gap in this level cap.

Happy to hear it, though I'm not seeing it myself. Health bars are getting harder to read, but damage is going up too. Today in GW I had a FOTP take out a fresh 7* character with 12,000+ damage on two hits in one round.
    Most active players are now in the upper 60s, so I'm not sure how much gap closing there can be at this point. To quote a famous man, "the damage is too damned high!" :) (Woah, it didn't star that out? Wow.)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Naecabon wrote: »
    Elyndria wrote: »

Poe was a necessity for me to compete with whale teams at the top level. All of these teams also incorporated Poe into their strategy. You of all people are aware the real problem is the single target dps of certain characters hiding behind a taunt. Without Poe's turn meter reduction he'll be completely worthless against a qui gon jinn.

I completely, 100% agree with you. Damage is the real problem, not Poe. Cannot agree more.

That being said, it's a hell of a lot easier to quickly fix Poe's Turn Meter attack to be slightly less disruptive than it is to completely overhaul the entire damage system in the game. Hopefully we can agree there as well.

Your both wrong. You cant nerf the damage from all other characters. Poes speed is just a little high is all.
  • Can get QGJ to 6* right now if I wanted to but I'm afraid they're going to nerf him so I'm just going to keep stockpiling. Same for Poe. I can 7* any arena character as well but there aren't any good ones. Nice state of the game we have here, don't we? Not trying to say anything bad but man, not good
  • Naecabon wrote: »
    If CG ever implement a tiered shard exchange based on rarity, QGJ becoming farmable is a bad thing for you.

I'm 99.8% positive all shards will be treated equal.

#AllShardsEqual

This I actually agree with you on. They should be 100% 1:1 ratio given the 7* requirement and alternating character stock.
  • davida8546 wrote: »
    Before people jump in to say that whales are upset because QGJ is now free to everyone, I litterally suggested making exclusive chars to everyone just a few days ago. What I did not expect is it s so easy to get. Come on be more creative and put it in a challenging mode instead of letting anyone who can press the sim button can get him. Give him some love. So thinking that whales in general against this is an unfound assumpsion.

This is why in another thread I suggested GW would have been a better place for him. It would mean people would have to level up, build a strong team or three and learn some important strategies to even begin to seriously farm him. A fair time gate, I feel.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Cdmd2b wrote: »
    What if the devs just decide that speed leadership works in Arena or God forbid they make it that poe doesn't taunt on his first turn. Either one of those would make picking poe on your team a hard choice imo.

If speed works in the first turn, people would run QGJ at skill level 8 and speed boosted Poe
  • davida8546 wrote: »
    Before people jump in to say that whales are upset because QGJ is now free to everyone, I litterally suggested making exclusive chars to everyone just a few days ago. What I did not expect is it s so easy to get. Come on be more creative and put it in a challenging mode instead of letting anyone who can press the sim button can get him. Give him some love. So thinking that whales in general against this is an unfound assumpsion.

This is why in another thread I suggested GW would have been a better place for him. It would mean people would have to level up, build a strong team or three and learn some important strategies to even begin to seriously farm him. A fair time gate, I feel.

Wait....do you think GW is hard? My strategy....win 12 fights with the same 5 characters every day.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    davida8546 wrote: »

Wait....do you think GW is hard? My strategy....win 12 fights with the same 5 characters every day.

GW is either easy as pie, or incredibly dificult. It deprnds on how the matchmaking treats your team, and we don't know why or how
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Telaan wrote: »
    That's how they treat their best customers...

All your ranting has nothing to do with @Naecabon op. But I lol'd at this gem.

@Telaan: Happy to give u a good Time :smile:
  • Triqui wrote: »

GW is either easy as pie, or incredibly dificult. It deprnds on how the matchmaking treats your team, and we don't know why or how

I only had one difficult day and it was because of Poe. But that difficult day still was not close to a loss.
  • d3gauss wrote: »
    I only had one difficult day and it was because of Poe. But that difficult day still was not close to a loss.
    GW is relatively easy if you have the right team, but to win consistently you need a few more chars as backup. Having the right 8 chars with roughly the same power will almost guarantee a win, unless you face 3+high DD teams in a row. I did fine with F2P chars.

Maybe @ThePedroKid means a few QGJ shards as a reward for completion of GW.
  • Triqui wrote: »
    Cdmd2b wrote: »
    What if the devs just decide that speed leadership works in Arena or God forbid they make it that poe doesn't taunt on his first turn. Either one of those would make picking poe on your team a hard choice imo.

If speed works in the first turn, people would run QGJ at skill level 8 and speed boosted Poe

Didn't know you could get lvl 8 at lvl 70... I was referring to current game not some theoretical thing in future.
  • akositzke wrote: »
    Fabzorz wrote: »
    That IS NOT the argument here. I think moving all the toons to farmable locations eventually is very good for the game. But doing it without notice is very bad for the long term health of the game. If you were buying packs at 1pm looking for QGJ shards and suddenly he is free you would be a very sad panda, and probably stop spending money on the game. When people stop spending money.. well there is no more game. You guys all want to see Yoda and Grievous and RoTJ Luke? Well if no one is spending money than you won't.

Prior notice would just leave people who bought packs just prior to the notice feeling left out. The same thing happened when they gave prior notice with the level cap increase - people who had redeemed their dailies before the notice went out still complained. Giving notice didn't fix the problem - it just shifted it. If today instead of adding QGJ to Cantina right away they had just announced they would be adding him next week, there would still be just as many players who bought Chromiums right before the announcement who would be 'sad pandas' :smile:

Again - people who are going to stop spending based on any one decision are not who CG should be worrying about. Someone that fickle will eventually get upset about one decision or another and leave anyway. If they spend all their time trying not to rock the boat ever or upset anyone then the game will become stagnant and fade off into nothing.

Why is OP such suspicious of good advice...
    THIS IS IT! YOU'VE GOT IT!
    It doesn't matter if it was announced, some people would have still bought something before something.... SEE...
    I too overreacted once to this game, someone commented "you can just send in suicide squad" in Galactic War.... Boom, totally missed it. Exactly, makes sense, 100% reversal.

To be popular this game must make iTunes rank of top paid games. They care more about that, than making money in itself, because being in top paid app rank is FREE BEST ADVERTISEMENT.

I have seen this game climbed the rank after Kylo release and staying in top20 retaining rank... And was kind of glad it is, since I in sorts, enjoy playing it, some.
    Atm it has sunk to T50....

I think it is because of complainers like these, or as even I used to be on few occasions until good commenters have commented some sense....

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Triqui wrote: »

I walk over it daily. Today I had no toons dead, and cleared 11/12 easy.

But I see other chars.
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    Naecabon wrote: »
    Just double checked my post, and as I'd thought, not a single mention of me being unhappy with QGJ as a Cantina Shipment. No mention of being mad about shard value, no mention at all of me thinking he was never going to become a f2p character. Not a peep.

There's this one sentence:
    - This angers A LOT of P2P players that considered QGJ their only real "edge" in paying for this game

which I admit could be mistakenly taken as if I am indeed one of these people as well (I'm not). The context of this statement was to show that the action DID upset people out there (a lot of my team were not happy about it) and CG certainly knew it would upset people doing it ninja quick like they did, so why do it if that's going to be the result? Why not make an announcement and space it out? Beeeecause it was a fix, not a feature.

Even still none of this has anything to do with me caring at all about QGJ or his "value", so for the 1041195710 time please stop bringing this up in my thread.

And this is exactly what I mean when you are contradicting yourself again and again:

"QGJ being released as a Cantina Shipment!
    F2P Rejoice! Whales vomit in their mouths! Everyone wins!"
    "I'm not even going to touch on the absurdity of releasing QGJ"

How can I not read this as a ridiculous insult towards the release of QGJ. Am I reading your posts better than yourself? At least I'm glad you tried to reflect, guess my post had some meaning.

But none of that is me complaining about it. It's supposed to be shock journalism-esque. It wasn't a rant at all.

All of this is about WHY he's released in Cantina Shipments, not the fact he is in general. Why aren't you getting this?

• Well, I don't see any problem with that sneaky move:
    -F2P side just get another player
    -I have more money to spend elsewhere

So everything is perfect in the best of worlds!
    Member of Team Instinct
  • SinnerWill
    370 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @Naecabon, I have a feeling the devs have been parsing the obscene, consistent, high-speed, not so glass-cannon-esque damage-dealing units and found them to be over-performing (QGJ, FOTP, Geo. Sold., Rey, Leia, IG-86, etc...). Basically, of all the truly problematic units, QGJ and Leia were the only 2 that happened to be Chromium exclusives. Leia, they've at least attempted (and failed, thus far, as I still see 5+ shots coming out of a single hair-trigger) to fix, however, so I think they will actually keep her exclusive.

So... With QGJ added to the masses, what's the first thought in your mind about how the game will become? Yes, everyone will have teams with Geo. Soldier, FOTP, QGJ, IG-86, Phasma-lead, etc...

The game will obviously devolve into the severe burst-damage units with no diversity. So... since that's obvious enough to predict, why would they still go ahead and release another to the masses? Hopefully because they've already foreseen the issue themselves, and given that QGJ becomes a "universally" leading toon with some incredible level 8 skills that everyone is salivating over, would likely be essential to have.

BUT... Something tells me they'll reduce the damage multipliers on all of his (and hopefully the other culprits') skills. Keep their stats, but reduce the base multiplier of their attacks (which put all other characters to shame) to put them in line with their speed and survivability.

I'm not sure if Poe would be touched at all if this is the case, since he would no longer be an issue of complaint if their damages were toned down, but I wouldn't be surprised to see either the expose chance effect get dropped from his taunt simply due to the amount of chaos that had been raised by the haters that prefer to keep obscene ninja-speed, sturdy, damage-dealers from getting balanced.

I never said it was hard. I just said it is a good time gate because it has certain requirements to meet prior to being able to clear it regularly.
  • The time gate on cantina shipments is way longer than gw shipments...
    The time gate on cantina shipments is way longer than gw shipments...

The access time gate to GW is longer. Acquiring a toon can definitely be faster.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    SinnerWill wrote: »

The game will obviously devolve into the severe burst-damage units with no diversity.

This might be true for Arena. But the same goes for most games. Some teams will be stronger for sure. If they fixed poe and dps, can you guess what will happen to the balance of the game? Which group will be stronger?