All-in for Jyn Erso or no?

Prev1
PRIMEN
38 posts Member
edited January 2017
Looks like she is kind of useless and good only for Rancor. What do you think?
I have 500k AP and four good teams, should I try to get her 7* or better to farm 1 million AP and try to get someone else? What do you think?

Replies

• 500k AP won't get you to 7* so try to get as much as possible if you want her 7*

And she's really good for rancor and arena, so I'd say she's worth the effort.
  • Uselees ****
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i think spending 1mil AP in 1 tournament is waaaaay too time consuming.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Really depends on the other possible upcoming tournaments.

Do you have a place for her?
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    @PRIMEN I'm in the same boat. I have her at 5 stars now but still would need to finish pretty high to 7 star her.

I had wanted to try and run her with Chaze and Wiggs but not sure if it's worth it or not.
  • seems like she would be deadly in the hands of a player in arena

but just completely awful on defense under the control of the AI

I have her 7* and shes fantastic for rancor raid, i've yet to try her in arena though
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Depends on 2 things.

1- if they put the higher price on refreshes back inplace, then 500k and 4 teams may not get you there

2- how well you tournament. My guild leader is pretty good at never spending a lot in one and getting the toons unlocked. I mean like 50-100k. But you have to get luck with when you join.
  • As someone who has jyn at 5* g8 lv 85 i do not think she is worthless in the slightest...

Her tm steal every other round is extremely valuable in gw and i use her to great effect on every node of gw and have been since 1st tourney ended. Once i max her gear it will be very nice to be able to never let EP move! Imagine, no stuns or shocks! And her AOE does decent dmg but more importantly gives 100% tm to an ally of your choice, how is that useless? Of coarse AI will prolly play her horribly but on offense that is what i intend...

I ranked in top 25 on last jyn tourney with the increased refresh rates because i have a good selection of capable teams to spread out the refesh cost.

If they cost is capped at 5k then it will be much tougher to get her i think. As everyone will spam the same team again and again and again.

Whereas the higher refresh cost requires you to know what your doing and use just what you need to win and not overkill.

If you have several teams at g8+ you should be able to through judicious use of your roster make that 500k count and push into the top 100 or higher.

If its capped at 5k then its about who has the most time to invest, AP to back it up, and patience to follow through.

I prepared for both scenarios this time around.
    And will see you on the battlefield warrior!
  • I'd say don't bother, tournaments are bogus and filled with cheaters that don't even get punished for breaking the rules. 500k Won't be enough to score 1st place in a tourney for a non-ship toon, u mess you get super lucky and get a server without any whales on it... Or cheaters
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    She's a woman..

@Khaleesi1221
    Dude (?), that comment is either rude or ****, most likely both, and almost certainly against the forum guidelines!
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • I'm using her both in my main arena squad - Wiggs, Baze, Jin, Chirrut - and in Rancor T7 raid - Wiggs, Jin, 5s, QGJ and she is extremely useful in both. I'm 81 T10 gear and I can solo run up to 3 phases in T7 Rancor with Jin :) And I don't drop lower that 6-7th place in my arena with this squad easily going up to 1st spot by the time of prizes.

On GW though I'm running Wiggs-Lando-Baze-Chirrut, swapping Lando to Jin only if I face some really tough squad.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    I might guess that you not dropping has more to do with Wiggs and Chaze than Jyn Erso, though.

I would use her, but don't have the chance to play during the last hour of the tournament. Last tournament I got just 15 shards, it's unlikely I can even open her now :(
  • Naw wrote: »
    I might guess that you not dropping has more to do with Wiggs and Chaze than Jyn Erso, though.

I would use her, but don't have the chance to play during the last hour of the tournament. Last tournament I got just 15 shards, it's unlikely I can even open her now :(

Well I tried to swap her for Lando\STHan\QGJ\K2SO\etc and she prooves to be the most usefull. She has awesome speed, even without 10+ speed mods in secondaries I have 225 speed on her and she usually goes first, she removes tm from anyone you need on 1st move and you control the rest of the battle.
  • She's a woman, so she's pretty worthless

You are a pig
  • JohnTS676 wrote: »
    I'd say don't bother, tournaments are bogus and filled with cheaters that don't even get punished for breaking the rules. 500k Won't be enough to score 1st place in a tourney for a non-ship toon, u mess you get super lucky and get a server without any whales on it... Or cheaters

That
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    She's a woman, so she's pretty worthless

@Khaleesi1221
    And yet you were born from a woman, or am I incorrect?

Some moderator, please would you care to ban or suspend this piece of s****????

@Afista @BentWookiee
    Do or do not...
  • I have 5* Jyn lvl 85 gear and abilities maxed out (except zeta leader) and she is really good in arena and gw. She is the new queen of the game, Baze being her king. I will go for her hard and willing to spend all AP I have which will be around 600K. Need 120 shards to 7* her.

Really don't understand how some people don't appreciate her. She solves so many problems in the game and is the best playmaker around. Don't expect miracles on damage (max 6K crit on basic, max 3-4K crit per hit for hit-all attack and max 11K crit for tm removal/stun attack), but it adds up if you have her at 265 speed like I do. With 50K HP she is very durable even though AI seems to hit her hard. Since I run her in arena I win EVERY time I play any other team, as opposed to before when playing against my no 1 opponent my win percentage was around 50.

Couple of stunts she does for me:

Auto tounting tanks like Baze or Shoretrouper are not a problem any more. Jyn calls Baze to debuff them at her speed of 265. And BTW Baze just gained advantage for 2 turns. Then my Biggs kicks in at speed of 255 or more and starts his killing streak without waisting first shot at auto tounting tank. Before you know it, Jyn hits again and steals TM from opponent of your choice (love when she does it to Biggs when his TM is full) and 50% of the time she stuns. Her third move is basic attack but she will have 70% chance to gain advantage for her next 2 moves if ur opponent lasts that long. If you get unlucky she might revive one of ur defeated toons. She revived my Biggs couple of times when AI was focusing on him all the time. Jyn also loughs at Han Solo with her stun immunity (zeta) and can't be stopped by anybody to take her first turn.

If Jyn is not the queen of the game, then who is?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    She's a woman, so she's pretty worthless

did you just call yourself worthless? Or is there a male version of "khaleesi" somewhere in the galaxy that i'm unaware of?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • She's listed as attacker but she functions as a support toon. Like a lot of support toons, you have to build a good team around her to maximize her potential.

Some toons I think she could synergize well with are lando, Boba, or Vader. Set up your speeds so lando or Vader move before her, then use her special granting 100% turn meter and advantage to lando or Vader. You could really wreck someone's day with this strategy

They have their qualities.
  • He just made a joke. Get over it you vegans
  • theHejiN wrote: »
    He just made a joke. Get over it you vegans

bet their favourite character is secretly slave leia
  • theHejiN wrote: »

somebody woke up on the wrong side of the anime waifu body pillow today
  • Considering I am predicting this will be the last tournament for a while, before major changes are made over the next few months, I'd suggest going all in for Jyn.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Advantage is consumed on attack...
  • Someone in my arena runs Jyn (L +zeta), Chaze, K2 and Cassian. It's rough going to say the least. Baze and B2 are a must to beat them, and even then it's a stretch. The Protection recovery is killer and currently has no counter, especially if you over come the amount of protection being gained. That's no easy feet with k2 in the mix.

I'd say worth it, especially if you have the means to get the other Rogues.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    theHejiN wrote: »

Who is a vegan?

han-blows-on-torch.jpg

@Khaleesi1221
    And yet you were born from a woman, or am I incorrect?

Some moderator, please would you care to ban or suspend this piece of s****????

@Afista @BentWookiee

You broke forum guidelines while saying mods should reinforce the guidelines :joy:

But yeah, that's messed up dude.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I'd say it just depends on your time. If you have the time to put in endless battles towards the scheduled end of the tournament, then go ahead. Otherwise, just let it go.
  • I'm pretty sure there are better tourneys ahead... Don't waste your points on this one...