Just wondering how people spend money?

I spend a little bit of money, and I use it to buy extra refills. Sometimes Ill go past the 100 mark, but never to the 400 mark. I have noticed that about the experience comes from the dailies, so buying a few more refills don't really help me level that much faster. What I think it does give me is as an advantage over the F2P players is I can farm mats much faster than them.
I also sometimes spend on arena once 5pm rolls around, and I think I can make them back and more. Yesterday I was at 12th, spent 50 and ended up 4th. So I netted 100.
Do people really spend 50 bucks for 3 packs of 8 chromium cards? I am sure EA wants you to, but I don't really see much value especially in the randomness of it.
Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/tenchi7/

Replies

• Options
    I play casually and didn't a penny. I also don't use refresh and stop playing once I'm out of energy because once you fall into the money pit scheme, you'll become an addict.

A pay to play addict that kill scripted AI all day long.
  • Options
    Search for the word "whale" on here, you'll see people spend thousands on chromium packs
  • Options
    Cant comprehend that. I spend a few bucks here and there. Dont seem like the characters in the packs are much better than the ones for us peons.
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

• effdash
    150 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    It's not that they are better, even though some are, it's that it allows you to advance in the game earlier than normal. You can also try out various teams because you have so many characters, as well.

Also, we do all have the same budget. You throw down $1000s in this game if you want to, no one else cares. It's your money, you play how you want. Just because you don't spend as much or at all doesn't make you any better or worse IRL.

It's just a game...none of this matters :)
  • Options
    spending on chroniums when you first start helps a ton

once you're advanced enough, it's a "waste" as you will get half the amount of shards if you land a char you already had
  • k2solbri
    55 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    When I started playing I spent gems I purchased on chromium packs in hopes of 'winning the lottery'. Packs aren't the worst way to spend money when you start I guess but I definitely wouldn't buy any after getting a few decent characters like others have said. I don't spend cash much anymore and I only spend gems on energy refills each day (stopping when the cost is 200 gems, sometimes 400 if it gets me something big). If you do spend money I highly suggest the daily crystal offers, that way it's sustainable to spend a small amount of crystals on refills each day.

Edit: I've spent a little over $100 (which to me is WAY too much and a bit embarrassing tbh lol)
  • Options
    k2solbri wrote: »
    When I started playing I spent gems I purchased on chromium packs in hopes of 'winning the lottery'. Packs aren't the worst way to spend money when you start I guess but I definitely wouldn't buy any after getting a few decent characters like others have said. I don't spend cash much anymore and I only spend gems on energy refills each day (stopping when the cost is 200 gems, sometimes 400 if it gets me something big). If you do spend money I highly suggest the daily crystal offers, that way it's sustainable to spend a small amount of crystals on refills each day.

Edit: I've spent a little over $100 (which to me is WAY too much and a bit embarrassing tbh lol)

So whats $2,000 then lol
  • Options
    I spent money the first month or so, I believe I have spent $195 which is more than I should have spent. My money was generally spent on buying crystals so I could purchase more energy or buying credit packs. I wasn't really interested in buying chromium packs in a gamble to get new characters but I was annoyed by the energy limit causing me to stop playing for 24 hours when I was having fun. So I spent the money. Since I hit level limit (before it was raised to 70) I haven't needed to spend any money because the only daily challenges I had left were Arena & Galactic Warfare. I'm certainly not going to pay for more Arena matches.
  • Options
    Buying Arena refill can be the best investment you can make. If you can go from #12 to #4 then that makes it worth it.

• Options
    At the start I bought the mace pack, the droid pack...and like an ****, Kylo.

Since then, I only use crystals for refreshes. Occasionally I'll buy the 5 dollar crystal pack to get emergency creds
  • Options
    Bundles.
    The last time I bought crystals I got kinda screwed half way through opening packs, so I kept the rest of the crystals, and that was the best decision I made playing SWGoH. :)

The extra crystals let you do 2 refreshes in cantina and all the 100s from regular missions.