Fleet pack worth it?

I'm talking about the 500 crystal one. I got like 400 saved up right now, but I'm wondering if it is any good, or like 90% chance to only get 10 shards of something

Replies

• Only good if you are about to bulk a decent amount of crystals... Isn't worth if you are using it FTP. Just buy ship shards from shipments and/or fleet shipments.
  • Nope. Unless 10 shards of a random ship is worth 500 crystals to you.
  • Ok so not worth it then. Just making sure, thanks
  • I agree with the other folks. Only good in bulk. You'll hit for some good ones but I wouldn't chance it just buying one
  • Snork_Solo wrote: »
    Nope. Unless 10 shards of a random ship is worth 500 crystals to you.

This.

Usually, there's an easy way to tell if a pack is worth it:

If it's free, than it's worth it. Otherwise it is a complete waste of whatever resources you are giving up to get it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No saving and buying one here and there is a bad idea. You're gonna have a bad time.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Yes, you have a 90% chance of getting 10 Jedi counselor ship shards. Usually if you plan on buying these packs you probably get the most satisfactory results if you go big and buy 5-10 packs at once, and if you barely have any ship shards to begin with.

That being said, I've only bought two packs when they first came out, and I got 25 Sun Fac ship shards on the first try, and 10 more Sun Fac ship shards on my 2nd one.

Go ahead, give it a shot.
    Will-Somebody-Make-a-Star-Wars-Slot-Machine-Please1.jpg
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    I bought two and got 10 of the scimitar shards and 10 of some ship I don't remember, looking at my shard count it must have been was Rex's arc fighter? They are better than the mega pack from what I've heard
  • sjkerhfgdjhd
    1009 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Always assume you will get the minimum possible reward from any pack. If you won't be happy with that then don't buy the pack.

The only exception is if you are buying in bulk, such as dropping 25k ally points on bronziums, or buying a couple mega vaults worth of data cards, in which case the average drop is useful to know.

Edit, just to be clear, I am not saying that all packs are poor buys, most people consider mod packs to be a pretty good deal, and the Shoretrooper/SRP packs were very tempting, just only buy the packs where the minimum payout is still something you want.
  • No pack is worth it, unless you have a gambling addiction to satisfy.
  • No pack is worth it, unless you have a gambling addiction to satisfy.

If you do well in PVP it is possible to have crystals to spend on packs without spending real money. And if you are a Saudi princeling it will take you far longer to go through $50k playing here than most things they do.