Sending characters on missions

Ring
559 posts Member
Many "collectible mobile games" (TM) have an option to send your characters out on missions. Some bring back resources, others bring new characters and so on.

Considering the huge number of useless or near useless toons in GoH, having a similar option would give at least some of them a reason for existing (and being upgraded). You could send a weak character on a basic mission and get low-level items, or send a 7*, Gear 11 character on a high-level mission for a chance to get a rare item, resources or character shards. This would give players a reason to upgrade a wide range of toons, not just a limited number of "mains". Missions could last from a few minutes to hours (or even days), depending on the difficulty.

Replies

• Options
    It's brilliant!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    If it was anything like the system of quests/adventures in fallout shelter that would be totally awesome
  • Options
    Yes and awesome!
  • Options
    Flight Deck shall live again! :P
  • Options
    Idea is great although i dont think this would fit into the theme of the game - u yrself r in cantina and insert datacards into the holotable to play
  • Kevo
    39 posts Member
    Options
    I like this idea.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    I like it but that makes for a whole different game.
  • Options
    Cool idea!
  • Casual_Player
    639 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    how about fixing old content, deploy mission prone to got bot ed btw
    the cake is a lie
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    It would end up costing energy.
    Isn't this technically happening when we "SIM" our battles?
    Sending somebody on a mission is just simulating what they are doing while we are not watching them.
    IMO
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    I like it but that makes for a whole different game.

True...but so are ships.
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • Options
    Ring wrote: »
    Many "collectible mobile games" (TM) have an option to send your characters out on missions. Some bring back resources, others bring new characters and so on.

Considering the huge number of useless or near useless toons in GoH, having a similar option would give at least some of them a reason for existing (and being upgraded). You could send a weak character on a basic mission and get low-level items, or send a 7*, Gear 11 character on a high-level mission for a chance to get a rare item, resources or character shards. This would give players a reason to upgrade a wide range of toons, not just a limited number of "mains". Missions could last from a few minutes to hours (or even days), depending on the difficulty.

I don't care what anyone says, THIS IS AWESOME!!!

+100009000000hfd0000

Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    +1,

But I would rather have playable additions, not just "away missions". Yes you can use less useful toons, but in the context of the game does that really make sense.... These are holotable battles, in a "gambling" or sports bar type setup.... what missions would they do?

The more fitting solution would be more heist type events, but for gear or even mods, or something like that. This could also be geared towards the underused factions to keep with your less used toon idea.

Again I like it just not sure it fits in this scenario.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    I love this idea
    +1
  • Options
    I just sent Teebo out to find a fix
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    I like the overall concept, but agree that it does not fit with the theme of the game.

I'd LOVE for there to be other heist/Yoda/EP style events though for mods or even gear. And yeah, let's use some other factions. As long as they are somehow rotating so that folks have a reason to build the faction rather than just getting hosed up front and never seeing it again. As long as it is based on the tournament system, I'm all for it. Even through I realize I'll likely end up with furnace salvage rather than stun cuffs. Any extra chance is worth it!
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Jetlife wrote: »
    It would end up costing energy.
    Isn't this technically happening when we "SIM" our battles?
    Sending somebody on a mission is just simulating what they are doing while we are not watching them.
    IMO

Yeah, and you could use your weaker toons in manual battles to farm the easier nodes and vice versa for the rewards you need... waitaminute, you just ruined all the fun in the OPs idea!
  • Options
    Dude i love this idea. it would make toons that we have maxed but have no use for invaluable. A week long mission for 20 stun cuffs. 3 day mission for 20 holo projectors. Brilliant, I love it.

Bumped for genius.
  • Options
    WoW has it under Garrison mode.

Personally I would like QGJ to go in a mission and bring back from Gin, Vodka, plump tomatoes and some Brie