Guild Donations Query

I'm seeing a trend in my guild as we increase our rosters and level/gear them up where we all end up needing and requesting the same gear. In a sort of "thinking out loud" post, I said in guild chat "what if we start trading." An example being that even though my guildmate and I both need cuffs, we work a deal out where he requests them and I send them, while I request something else. A slow process for sure due to the donation limit, which brought me here:

Do you and your guild have an approach/tactic you use that works well in this regard?
If so, would you mind sharing?

Thank you kindly for your time.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Our guild does the same, very few blind requests. Most are worked out before the request is made.
  • In my guild people don't tend to ask for stun guns or cuffs. These requests are almost never filled out, so people would rather ask for anything else they need, which they'll get filled up on providing they do a good amount of donations themselves. Mk3 droid callers are another example of gear nobody has any of.
    If you're in dire need of cuffs, stun guns, or mk3 droid callers, you can ask people to donate to you and then say that you'll fill their next donation request, whatever that may be.
  • For the rare stuff people usually get 1-3, off purp usually gets filled up for active donors and leeches get 1-2.

We got quite a few people who just request green and even white which I do sometimes as well. There's a few pieces which always seem to take 3-4 sims per piece.

I always make sure I make a mental note of who donated to me and if I see they same names a lot, I always make sure I fill donate to them even if I have to farm it or it's a rare purp. im sure others do as well.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i dont request nor donate cuffs, guns and holo projectors. Everything else is fair game. There are lots of gear pieces players have a temporary excess of, or a sudden shortage.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I appreciate all the helpful comments. Thank you all