Sim ticket crunch

Prev1
"Give me sim tickets or give me death"

Am I the only one? I buy 2 cantina and 2 energy refreshes a day and sometimes sim tickets from the store. I can no longer keep up. I do enjoying the battles but most energy is to farm material from low level battles. It's not very sporting to be forced to manually play these battles.

What am I doing wrong? Why am i out of sim tickets all of a sudden?

Replies

• Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    i always run out - everyday. 35 isn't enough for me lol

BUT

be ready to hear from the entire world how they have thousands of sim tickets. (seen this before)
  • Dhoey321 wrote: »

BUT

be ready to hear from the entire world how they have thousands of sim tickets. (seen this before)

You got it....I have over 1900 and all I do is the two Cantina and two regular refreshes every day. Are you guys just farming 6 energy gear and 8 Cantina energy characters? No way I can use what I get from refreshes while farming mods and yellow/purple gear
  • My main account (85, playing almost a year) has about 480 right now, down from a high of 1300 in july. Has been steadily dropping since then.

My alt account (77, playing since october) runs out almost every day since i lack the discipline to auto the easy daily battles.

TBH I am pretty sure they nerfed the sim ticket drop rate in the summer. I remember during the May the Fourth event they had double drops and I went from a couple hundred to over a thousand. These days when I buy a cantina refresh I am lucky if I get one sim ticket (as a reward).

The level fluctuates a bit depending on what i'm farming. If I'm farming something that takes a lot of energy (16) then obviously i'll be net positive from a refresh. If I'm farming stuff that's 6 or 8 energy, every time i do a refresh i'll be net negative.

The solution is pretty straightforward, just look to see what you're simming, that would only take 10 seconds on auto. All that low level gear against level 25 enemies, just send in your level 85 toons and they'll aoe all of them in the first move and save you the sim ticket.

• Dhoey321 wrote: »

BUT

Yep lol. 2100 here
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    They should reduce cost of sim tickets - sorry 30 crystals for only 20 sim tickets is a bit absurd. 30 for 30 is more fair.

Also they should add another bundle - bigger like 50 sim tickets for 45 crystals or something like that.

I need sim tickets to get things done in the day. People have lives right? without sim tickets I simply cannot keep up at all.

I always tery to keep my sim tickets at around 500 - its hard. I am sure the drop rate for sim tickets used to be better, as I used to have over a thousand all the time.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Dhoey321 wrote: »

BUT

You got it....I have over 1900 and all I do is the two Cantina and two regular refreshes every day. Are you guys just farming 6 energy gear and 8 Cantina energy characters? No way I can use what I get from refreshes while farming mods and yellow/purple gear

i don't farm yellow gear. I farm lower gear (purples or below) so i use more sim tickets than people who farm higher energy costing gear.

What i do is:

Start with 0 sim tickets per day.
    - Manually do 5 hard battles
    - upgrade a mod
    - accept achievement to receive 10 sim tickets (maybe have 12 total from manually doing hard battles)
    - sim cantina (roughly 6 battles) down to 6 left
    - sim 6 battles (ran out of sim tickets.
    - 12 oclock refresh (by now i finish 3 Arena battles and accept achievement)
    - Sim remaining energy for cantina and regular energy. (back to 0 sim tickets)
  • I did drop from 300 to 100, then for 3-4 days I actually battled every battle I could while buying 1 cantina and 2 normal energies and I've shot up to 500 and haven't looked back. If you're running short, just auto battle your missions while watching tv and hoard for a few days
  • I rarely use my sim tickets. I just auto my battles, especially ones I know I'll win, aka any challenge or cantina node
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

2 regular refreshes and 1 cantina a day. But I don't farm much low lvl gear.
  • If you farm hard nodes mostly like 12 or higher for gear or shards than you should be saving more than spending. Also Auto battle challenges or even cantina battles if it's a quick easy one. This will get you on the right path. I run out alot to but it's cause I'm farming 6 energy nodes for gear so I run out quick.
  • 17.6K of Tickets....

Mostly because of a long commute to work and boredom... auto most battles for about a year now
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Yeah I used to have over 1000... somewhere along they way, they changed the payout of Sim Tix and now I only have like 50... 20 SimTix for 30 crystals is a ripoff IMO.

To me, it's messed up that they change the payout rate because made the game more streamline and now they want to make it require more time for us go through the game and require us to pay with crystals.

Either give us a better crystal pay out (for us to pay for the sim tix) or change it back to what it was. Or we just start to take less interest in playing this game.
    109 posts Member
    wish i could give some away
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

BUT

Yep - 1200+ here. If you farm higher level nodes and buy 2-3 refreshes/day, you build up a surplus.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I have been running out. Sometimes I need to farm lower gear or a character that takes less energy, which is apparently a terrible idea from a sim ticket perspective.

As someone pointed out earlier, sim'ing exists to streamline grinding. But then they put a cost to it, which means I either have to spend crystals on tickets - which is a terrible investment - or auto - which defeats the purpose having the ability to sim.

The easiest solution is a gift of 10k sim tickets to everyone. I doubt sim tickets is a revenue driver, even if it does cost me 20 crystals every couple of days.
  • MoBlaq
    581 posts Member

BUT

If you sim higher cost battles the tickets go farther. If you use them for 6 energy stuff you go through them much quicker. I have been about 8k sim tickets forever. I would love to get down to a more reasonable lvl, but no matter how hard I try I stay at 8k

• LVTrisha
    160 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I have like 4k. *Shrug*

Auto your challenges.
  • Zach325
    91 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I auto everything and have almost 3k. If you want to save tickets don't sim challenges
  • Yet another Sim tickets post and it is same as all previous
    Problem is that Sim tickets are not enough and like all shortages in this game I think it is WAI.
    if you sim higher levels you pay it with credits if you auto it pay it with time - I find none of it good enough for me.
    it is same like when you say that there are no enough credits to answer you that if you not buy cantina refreshes will have less toons to update and with spared crystals you can buy credits - so there is no problem :smile:
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator

BUT

As the game has expanded (think adding ships and such) there are now more options to spend tickets, so those of us who sat on several thousand are now moving toward zero again. You can always play your fights to save them for when you're in a pinch and don't have time (think holiday get togethers). This is all from my personal experience. There are threads in feedback asking to reduce times of play required to get dailies, but I think that's what SIM tickets are for. So, choose your poison right? :)
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Well over 2000 here.
  • I used to have a lot, I was up to 5k, but now I bounce around from 0.

It happened when I started deepening my squad. All of a sudden, instead of just going after purple gear for my a-team I was working on Rebel scum for when EP came back and then Empire toons to use with EP.

Then Ships meant that a bunch of guys I didn't focus on were now pilots -- so I simmed to bring them up.

However, I do think they reduced the drop rate. I saw a post of someone who simmed like 500 times pre-summer and the drop rate was a solid 20% (so like 2-4 when you burn 120 points) but now you're lucky if you get 1.

I do auto, but, being a working man, even if I hide it under some paper I still need to pull the phone our every 2 minutes or so and hit auto again, which is obvious.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    @PremierVenoth Yeah that's a good point. It's always going be in motion, so as our accounts get what they need, we probably end up spending less of them. With new content, we go through a lot. This game is very fluid in that sense, and won't be a simple pattern that can be counted on at the beginning of every month. Too many variables.

Warriors must adapt to survive.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Soon to be announced Sim Ticket Packs! A snip at 499 crystals for a chance at getting somewhere between 200-1000 of them (it's gonna be the 200 though. Every time lol. We set that drop rate at like 90%)

• 8k in sim tickets, don't know what you guys are doing but it never goes down.
  • I started a thread about a month ago addressing this. I have the same issue, I used to have thousands of tickets, now none. I have to resort to auto-ing fights instead of simming them, which takes more valuable time out of my day.

I had suggested they remove sim tickets entirely, but met with resistance. To me, they serve no purpose. Either people have thousands of them, in which case, why do they even care if they are gone, since they never feel like they are going to run short of them......or people have close to zero, in which case they are forced to "play" the game instead of simming it.

Imo it's a waste of time fighting those 6 or 8-energy low level nodes instead of simming it. If they don't remove sim tickets as a mechanic then I would like to them to at least allow us to sim those low level nodes without having to use a sim ticket.

Again, all this probably falling on deaf ears and I doubt anything is going to change, but I do feel the OPs frustrations having to ration sim tickets.
  • The big change was when they began allowing you to sim challenges. From that point onward my balance has dropped. Don't have time for auto.
  • The big change was when they allowed you to sim challenges. It's been downhill since then for me.
  • I'm OP. I dont think sims add value to the game anymore. There is lots of content to actually "play". Events, tournaments, arena, ships, and 2 raids. It's all great. Compared to that, why would I want to auto 3 rounds for droid callers, 20 times in a row to use my energy? First game complaint by the way.