What if "Minion Troops" - resistance trooper, stormtrooper had a "call reinforcements" ability?

Brazilian_Joe
367 posts Member
edited January 2017
There are a lot of unremarkeable characters in the game.
We also have characters which we truly see dozens of them in the movies, or more.
But in the game, there is only one of each in the team.

I think that those faceless characters mobs could all be brought up a notch if they had an ability to call a copy of himself. Different characters could have slight variations.

Call Reinforcements

The ability can only be used if the team is not full.
Once a reinforcement is called, the toon which occupied the position at the start of the battle can't be resurrected anymore. The mob character which refilled the position can be ressurrected.
It is an emergency ability, should be useable at least once in a battle.

Stormtrooper - calls another stormtrooper into a random position. Enemies have a % chance to slow.
Resistance Trooper - calls another reistance trooper on a random position - Enemies have a % chance to be Exposed.
Tusken Raider - Start with as many Tusken Raiders as there are open slots in the starting team. Cannot call reinforcements. Tusken Raiders get % TM at their starting turn (upgrade with ability)
Jedi Knight Guardian - This ability resets cooldown whenever any ally dies. Call another JKG in a random vacant position. All Jedi gain %TM.
Tie Fighter Pilot - ability starts with a 20 turns cooldown (reduces by upgrading ability). Each crit caused or suffered reduces cooldown by 1 turn. Killing an enemy reduces cooldown by 10 turns.
Nightsister Acolyte, Initiate - can call reinforcements of themselves or the other one. All nightsisters gain +speed and have a % change to gain health over time.

I did only a few examples above to give the feel of the ability. The characters would still not be top notch as they aren't currently, but you can have them calling copies of them to the battle, which adds desirability to them.

Replies

• Options
    I have always thought something like this would be a cool idea. What I have thought as you upgrade these troops you get to use multiple of them at the same time instead of one. They would need to be reworked because so they were not too powerful.

For example
    All Tank minion troops (Mob Enforcer, First Order Stormtrooper, Jedi Knight Guardian, and Stormtrooper) would have their unique ability give them at level 3 two troops going into battle, level 5 three troops going into battle, and level 7 four troops going into battle.

All Attacking minion troops (Hoth Scout, Tie Fighter Pilot, Clone Sergeant, Tusken Raider, Nightsister initiate, Ewok Scout, Snowtrooper, Magmatrooper, Resistance trooper, First order Tie Pilot, and Resistance Pilot). Would gain at level 5 two troops go into battle, and level 7 three troops go into battle.

All Support minion troops (Hoth Rebel Soldier) Would gain at level 7 two troops go into battle.

The speed, damage, and health of these troops would need to decrease and I would make the tank stats decrease the most but have their health pool stay in the average range. The attackers would have stats decrease to make them slow glass cannons. The support troops would decrease the less over all but keep speed up a little bit.

• Options
    Hell no for tfp
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    It's an interesting idea, but then you would have to make underused, weak toons even worse to account for this new skill, or they would immediately become OP....

Not sure nerfing a bad toon and giving them this skill is a "good" idea.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not sure this is needed for some of the toons, but I like the line of thinking. Especially regarding ground troops. I think our pilots have enough going on as it is.
  • Options
    Tie Fighter Pilot is already top notch and doesn't need anything additional. Eliminate him and that is a good list.