Ungear option ?

BulYwif
1977 posts Member
edited January 2017
I've reached the point where I want to be able to exchange some equipements for a gear and give it to another toon. For example, I've assigned an Mk5 CEC Fusion to Wedge, I still do not have the Stun Gun neither the 2 stun cuffs for him. But now, I want to gear up JKA and pass him to gr 9, but I need an Mk5 CEC Fusion.

I know that I will not continue now to gear up Wedge, I did it previously for the EP event. So, it would be nice to be able to remove an equipment of a toon for which the gear is not completed and be able to assign it elsewhere, a bit like it is the case for the mods. It will costs credits, the amount depending on the equipment level (Purple, Raid, ...) but once the gear is ended and the toon is geared up, we could not exchange anymore.

Replies

  • Kyno
    21364 posts Moderator
    Hahaha, they will never do that. It would open up the choke hold they get on the gear grind.
  • Tigzie
    579 posts Member
    My friend that will never be an option.

    If you had all max toons all you would need is 5 X G11 stuff and you could just "oh this toon is useless now" remove and equip on another toon.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    There's a real problem with the gear shipments and this is an easy solution to do solve part of it. It shouldn't be easy to implement neither. And I'm far to have all my toons maxed.
  • That's not how they make money lol. They want u to poor more money into crystals so u can sim more and more. Remember this is a "free" game they need there paydays too lol
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    The problem is not to pay, since I already bought some raid gears, the problem is that the turnover in the shipments makes some gears really too rare. So, even if I want to pay for a gear, I do not find it. So, this solution is complementary to the paying gears.
  • Unfortunately that would never happen. The meta is ever changing, and if you were able to swap gear like that it would deter players from buying crystals to get more gear or refreshes to farm gear. This is a f2p game, so every time you have an idea, you have to ask yourself, "Will they make more money?" Because that is what it boils down to. These types of games thrive on micro transactions.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    They also make money with the MODs but you have this option.
  • This would be amazing I never used to need carbanti's but now I need over 500. Sadly this will probably never get implemented because then no one would need to buy from shipments and energy refreshes. I could have gear 11 jawas to complete the mod challenge then just reassign all the gear back to important toons.
  • Kyno
    21364 posts Moderator
    BulYwif wrote: »
    They also make money with the MODs but you have this option.

    They make money on mods because of the 4 deep RNG nightmare that is mods battles.
    - will you get one
    - what shape
    - what lvl
    - what secondaries
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    The proposition is, once your gear is completed and you pass your gear, you cannot reassign. You can only reassign the ones in the current gears, so less ressources, but nevertheless enough if you need some for some toons.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    BulYwif wrote: »
    They also make money with the MODs but you have this option.

    They make money on mods because of the 4 deep RNG nightmare that is mods battles.
    - will you get one
    - what shape
    - what lvl
    - what secondaries

    6 levels

    -what secondary will upgrade
    -how much will it upgrade
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Supercat wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    BulYwif wrote: »
    They also make money with the MODs but you have this option.

    They make money on mods because of the 4 deep RNG nightmare that is mods battles.
    - will you get one
    - what shape
    - what lvl
    - what secondaries

    6 levels

    -what secondary will upgrade
    -how much will it upgrade

    Right, but gear is also depending on RNG. When you complete a raid, you do not know which equipment you will have.
  • I don't believe that they will ever do it. However, I can believe that we might some sort of dismembering the gear with getting 20-50% of the salvage used to craft it. It can be a compromise. In this way you will no switch the gear around your characters all the time
  • Kyno
    21364 posts Moderator
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Supercat wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    BulYwif wrote: »
    They also make money with the MODs but you have this option.

    They make money on mods because of the 4 deep RNG nightmare that is mods battles.
    - will you get one
    - what shape
    - what lvl
    - what secondaries

    6 levels

    -what secondary will upgrade
    -how much will it upgrade

    Right, but gear is also depending on RNG. When you complete a raid, you do not know which equipment you will have.

    But once you get it, it is what it is. You can get mods that are never useful, due to the other 5 lvl's of rng. They don't make money on mods because they can move. They make it because they are 100× more rare then gear.
  • leef
    12639 posts Member
    BulYwif wrote: »
    They also make money with the MODs but you have this option.

    You can customize mods, you can't customize gear. It would be horrible if all toons were stuck with the mods they were first equiped with.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    @leef you're right for the mods.

    I think this game makes enough money on a daily basis. Implementing that will not reduce the amount of $$ they will get everyday and will improve the users' experience. EA must not think every time of how many money they will make when implementing a feature, but also there should be an average between making money and do something for the end user.
  • leef
    12639 posts Member
    i personally don't like the idea, but i'm the kinda guy who would rather farm mods for another month than having to spend time each day to switch them around.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • lukeroks wrote: »
    This would be amazing I never used to need carbanti's but now I need over 500. Sadly this will probably never get implemented because then no one would need to buy from shipments and energy refreshes. I could have gear 11 jawas to complete the mod challenge then just reassign all the gear back to important toons.

    **** i beat that challenge with6* g9 jawas haha
  • Also, Mods are currently only 5 pips, no doubt they'll be bringing in 6 and 7 soon. Also, on release, the mods were a way to customize a character. Without them, every Lumi is the same. With them you get to have fast lumi, power lumi, high HP Lumi, or super ability block Lumi. Gear is part of the etched-in-stone stars and levels trifecta.

    I think we can argue about the low level gear grind, but for the higher level stuff ST:GoH does need to make it's $$$
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
Sign In or Register to comment.