Do you guys spend crystals on buying gears from shipments?

For the raid gears, the best beang for buck is Mk5 CEC fusion at 1400 = you get the Mk3 senar halo projector and Mk6 chewab hypno syringe plus raid salvages.

I am on a balance of 4700-4800 crystals because I only spend lately on energy refreshes having tons of raid gears on stock. But I noticed Im lagging behind in terms of upgrading my toons (even my main team) to gear 11. The farm for the gold and new purple salvages are so bad and Im on a non-heroic tank raid guild.

Do we have new when-you-see-it-in-the-shipments-buy-it-at-once gears?

Replies

• The gold biotech implants i snag whenever i see them since i need a ton of them
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Yes. what else am I gonna spend crystals on? 120 energy for 100+ crystals to get 3 cuff salvage.. No thanks.
  • I haven't ever seen the full Mk5 furnaces for sale, maybe I need to start looking harder? I'll often buy the Mk 5 stun guns or the Mk 3 holo projectors though. The guns are better value than the stun cuffs, so energy farming can go to them. And 20 purples for 300 crystals are pretty cost effective too.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    I haven't ever seen the full Mk5 furnaces for sale, maybe I need to start looking harder? I'll often buy the Mk 5 stun guns or the Mk 3 holo projectors though. The guns are better value than the stun cuffs, so energy farming can go to them. And 20 purples for 300 crystals are pretty cost effective too.

Furnaces where removed in a December update, should be back between 0 and 2 months
  • Under gl9 I think refreshes usually better. Once you are in the upper GLs go more gear. Getting to GL10 or 11 with newer toon's without buying at least a little gear would take forever
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    I haven't ever seen the full Mk5 furnaces for sale, maybe I need to start looking harder? I'll often buy the Mk 5 stun guns or the Mk 3 holo projectors though. The guns are better value than the stun cuffs, so energy farming can go to them. And 20 purples for 300 crystals are pretty cost effective too.

Are you talking the full Mk5 stun gun, 50 Mk3 carbs and 50 stun gun salvage?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »
    Yes. what else am I gonna spend crystals on? 120 energy for 100+ crystals to get 3 cuff salvage.. No thanks.

This^^
  • Under gl9 I think refreshes usually better. Once you are in the upper GLs go more gear. Getting to GL10 or 11 with newer toon's without buying at least a little gear would take forever

IM SERIOUSLY TAKING FOREVER NOW. I was lucky to get a full MK10 TaggeCo Holo Lens from our raid. Now, I can't seem to get a reasonable drop rate on the gold Mk 5 medpac prototype (needs 50) and Mk8 biotech prototype (needs 50 as well). Most of the salvages I have were even from the reward they gave us after the raid rework. If the purple gears (like stun cuffs) drop for like 30% of the time, this is way less than that.

Ive been tracking y farm on 9-E which I started 7 days ago and Im still on 28/50 (with the rewards from raid). I wanna cry. T_T are we really stuck to buying gears from the shipment?
  • Kyno wrote: »

This^^

FML. I guess Im starting to buy stuff.

Any suggestions for the most cost-saving?
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Tamonizer wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

This^^

Furnaces, when they return
    mk5 stun guns, if you can get the full one go for it
    Mk3 cuffs

Gold gear that is 750 crystals also a good deal.

Mk3 tenacity discs are also not a bad buy.
    Also with the higher tier of attacker challenge needs for eyeballs the mk4 laptops are also not bad.

If you are budgeting that is what I would go for. Try to stay away from high tier challenge stuff if you can.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Tamonizer wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

This^^

Furnaces, when they return
    mk5 stun guns, if you can get the full one go for it
    Mk3 cuffs

Gold gear that is 750 crystals also a good deal.

Mk3 tenacity discs are also not a bad buy.
    Also with the higher tier of attacker challenge needs for eyeballs the mk4 laptops are also not bad.

If you are budgeting that is what I would go for. Try to stay away from high tier challenge stuff if you can.

This is the practical list I was looking for. Thanks! Will look for those 750 gold gears.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    IMO every gear is worth its crystal price save save the full mk7 biotech eyeball one since it's the same price as 100 piece gears but you only need the 50 piece prototype. You could also argue that the mk6 syringes and mk3 walkies aren't worth it because they're in challenge but you need so many of those walkies that I still buy them.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Really I only rank top 50 so I don't have a huge income but when i have a few crystals I usually just get the MK3 Sienar Holo proyectors but that being said that isn't "best" gear to buy but since so many characters need them I buy them and create furnaces as well with them.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    I buy mk3 holos, Mk5 stun gun prototypes, (The 1200 ish one), 750 gold gears, and mk5 furnaces when they return in the year 2000 never.
  • it's pretty much 1 out of 5 chance to get a cuffs or any of the ten energy gear matches....And if you just get the 50 crystals refreshes...That's 100 crystals per day getting 240 energy...So that's 4.8 items a day ....so that would take ten days worth of crystals to achieve 50 (roughly) so that would come out to 1000 crystals for cuffs ....So you can either save the 100 per day for 14 days and buy the cuffs or buy the refreshesfor ten days and get other rewards (coin, different gear, experience if you're not 85)... I do buy gear from shipments but I do both....But if you dont get alot crystalsi would probably do the refreshes
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Zhauge wrote: »
    it's pretty much 1 out of 5 chance to get a cuffs or any of the ten energy gear matches....And if you just get the 50 crystals refreshes...That's 100 crystals per day getting 240 energy...So that's 4.8 items a day ....so that would take ten days worth of crystals to achieve 50 (roughly) so that would come out to 1000 crystals for cuffs ....So you can either save the 100 per day for 14 days and buy the cuffs or buy the refreshesfor ten days and get other rewards (coin, different gear, experience if you're not 85)... I do buy gear from shipments but I do both....But if you dont get alot crystalsi would probably do the refreshes

I need so much of the other stuff... Mk3 thermals, Mk3 callers, power cells. That is where my 50/50 plus free daily goes.

If you are only allocating 100 crystals a day to gear, buying or farming is going to take a while.

From arena I earn anywhere from 250 - 500 crystals, anywhere between 1st and 6th, a day so average 375 from arena and 64 from dailies so 439 daily income

50/50 Regular energy refreshes for all the small gear and 2 hb farms
    maybe a 100 cantina refresh leaves 239 crystals a day to save towards gear farming so 6 days to save for a 1400 gear piece.

Edit: Let me also add that the annoyance of horrible drop rates for cuffs and guns and others is not see because you are not farming them.
  • 599 get packs are a good investment also for gear. Ive had furnances drop a few times. I will buy holocaust projectors for 300 when they pop up ad well as so.easy raid gear. More cost effective than farming in long run.
  • Yes, especially the new gold items. The drop rates are so low that by the time you spend crystals on refreshes to get one full piece, you will have probably spent more than 1400 crystals which are what most of them cost. A couple of the new purple items are 1275 (I think), which is even cheaper. Sure the up-front cost is more but in the long run you're either equal to refreshes, but most likely spending less and definitely less time. Shipments are good value.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    599 get packs are a good investment also for gear. Ive had furnances drop a few times. I will buy holocaust projectors for 300 when they pop up ad well as so.easy raid gear. More cost effective than farming in long run.

I won't touch them anymore.. her is what I normally get:
    GZVYBhQ.png
  • 599 get packs are a good investment also for gear. Ive had furnances drop a few times. I will buy holocaust projectors for 300 when they pop up ad well as so.easy raid gear. More cost effective than farming in long run.

Say what?
  • Usually I stick to these 3: Stun Cuffs / Mk5 Furnace / Stun Gun Salvage
    But I uncharacteristically caved in and got a Mk5 Droid Caller yesterday. I swear I haven't seen any drops for it in the last 10-15 raids.
    I agree with scuba. 100 crystals for ~3 stun cuff fragments+constant dissapointment gets old.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Usually I stick to these 3: Stun Cuffs / Mk5 Furnace / Stun Gun Salvage
    But I uncharacteristically caved in and got a Mk5 Droid Caller yesterday. I swear I haven't seen any drops for it in the last 10-15 raids.
    I agree with scuba. 100 crystals for ~3 stun cuff fragments+constant dissapointment gets old.

They probably made callers drop less in the raids since they made them available to buy, about 10-15 raids ago.

100 crystal refresh will more likely get you 0-2 cuff salvages more often than not.

• Winstar wrote: »

They probably made callers drop less in the raids since they made them available to buy, about 10-15 raids ago.

That would make a lot of sense (business-wise. Player-wise it is horrible, infuriating). I'll have to pay attention to drop rates when the cycle renews again.
  • Stun cuffs, Holo projectors, stun gun prototype, mk5 hypo prototype
  • I monitored my drop rates for the gold parts and they're so bad, worse than the chance to get 5* mods, it's better to buy them from shipments. I think for people like me whose income stream of crystals comes from arena ranking, the best step is to do this:

1. Prioritize on the 750 gold salvage - abysmal drop rate. Probably 1/6 on a good day. I think they designed this 750 price point because they know the drop rates are essentially a big wall. Buying them earlier would have improved my chances to stay at higher arena rankings.

2. With 750 crystals, you get 1800 energy for 50 per refresh = 180 tries. With a 1/6 drop rate (VERY GENEROUS ESTIMATE), you get 30 salvages in ONE WEEK. You also have the potential to earn some 90,000 ship money and 248,400 currency if lucky. Assuming you're already 85, experience and training droids are essentially useless. We have regular droid heist.

3. This makes the stun cuffs and holo projectors a better farm. Stun cuffs can, at 10 energy each, have a 1/3-4 drop rate on a good day. Sadly the nodes have no useful co-farmed material.

3. The Mk3 seiner holo projector is an easy farm. There's an 8 light side energy node at 6-A. There's also a 9-F light side node which drops a gold salvage (but also available from challenges), but you can co-farm Mk2 chewab hypno syringe (green) used by most toons for the Mk8 TaggeCo Holo Lens. With full energy refills, on lucky streaks, I can get one full mk3 holo projector in less than 2 days.

4. Ask for basic materials from your guildmates and not the high demand purple or blue ones. This can save your energy from farming basic materials. Return the favor as well! Give and you shall receive.

5. The raid gears for 1400 may be cost-saving depending on the return on investment. Ask yourself who you'll use them to: will it make your arena rank jump from 50 to 20?
    Overall, MK5 CEC fusion is the most bang for back raid gear: you get 120 gear salvages. 50 raid gears, 50 that can also be farmed from challenges but are used by a lot of characters, and 20 Mk3 holo projectors salvages.

Conclusion (at least what'll do now):
    Buy the 750 gold salvages for my main team and forego energy refills for normal energy when it's not a guild activity. Hope for better guild drops. Stay in the top 10 of the arena for better crystal flow.

Why is this better than energy refills with the current rate?
    1. Less work
    2. Less feeling of disappointment
    3. Time saving
    4. Earlier way to improve your main character = better chances to hold your arena ranking.
    4. The side reward of possible 90k ship money and 250k money for ONE WEEK of grinding are negligible in comparison to the feeling of despair.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Imo you need to buy the holo projectors, cuffs, and stun gun salvage whenever it shows up (if possible). Furnaces are good, but you should have loads of salvage from the raids, and syringes are cake from the challenges, so it leaves you with buying the holo projectors. Basically a furnace costs 300 crystals.

On that note, the single best item to buy is the holos. They're one of the single most useless pieces in the game, but literally every single toon needs them. Every. Single. Toon.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind