Suggestion: Rework Stormtrooper after the movie's character

Tiggus
766 posts Member
edited January 2017
In the wave of all the "rework him and her", here's my take:

Rework Stormtrooper after how he is in the movie:

Stormtrooper
Empire soldier that can swarm the battlefield and surprise enemies with an occasional hit.

Abilities
Basic attack - Imperial Markmanship
  • Fires blasters in the general direction of the enemy. This attack has a good(*) chance to hit an enemy.
  • with Omega: upgrade to a great chance.
(*) Good as in: Raid loot has a good chance to drop a full piece.
--

Special attack - Call reinforcements
  • Stormtrooper calls 5 other Stormtroopers as reinforcements. For each Empire ally, each Stormtrooper has a 50% chance of becoming Exposed, and a 20% chance to gain the debuff "Friendly fire". All Stormtroopers immediately fire their basic attack.
--

Unique ability - Carpet of Stormtroopers
  • When a Stormtrooper takes damage, all other ally Stormtroopers take double damage. If a Stormtrooper is defeated, another random Stormtrooper gets defeated too.
--

Unique ability - Box-office
  • Each time Stormtrooper is defeated, gain 1 million credits.
☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/

Replies

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Tiggus wrote: »
    (*) Good as in: Raid loot has a good chance to drop a full piece.

Hahahahahahahahaha this made my day.
  • Options
    You sir, are brilliant! My helmets off to you!
  • Options
    This is gold.

But while we're on the subject...please rework Stormtrooper.
  • Kevo
    39 posts Member
    Options
    I may have had a beer... but this was a great laugh...
    Funny because it's true!
  • Options
    +1
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Options
    Sometimes the Stormtroopers remind me of the Romans in the Asterix comics... Not sure how the seemingly efficient clone troopers army from episode III turned into that noodle soup in episode IV and later... It's sad, because they look bad and mean and fearsome.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    Watched EP lV the other day, this line always gets me

"These blast points — too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise.”
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Still wanting Stormtrooper Commander!!!

Still wanting Imperial Navy, Imperial Gunner Master Chief, Superlaser Gunnery Crew Leader 'Tenn Graneet'!!! He fired the Death Star.
  • Options
    "Everytime a stormtrooper is defeated, gain 1m credits"

You know how many exploits there would be? That's why I want to see it!
  • Options
    Stormtrooper should at least be as effective a tank as royal guard. I mean.. yes royal guard is more exclusive. But rg is a closet tank while the trooper is a full fledged tank. So the trooper should be holding it's own much better ya know.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    A lot of the "Stormtroopers can't aim" stuff comes from the scene in the original movie where the gang is escaping the Death Star. People tend to forget that it was a plot point revealed a few scenes later that the Empire let them escape in order to track them to the hidden rebel base.
  • Options
    ...that, and when teddy bears kicked their ****.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    ...that, and when teddy bears kicked their ****.

Those guys are annoying in Battlefront. I won a hunt as Ewoks just cause they couldn't hit me. Like, at all.
  • Options
    They hit there target pretty well in rogue one.