Special Packs/Black Friday

For the people who played before the american launch, are there any special packs after level 28 offered? The last one I was offered was Barriss Offee.

Surprised by the lack of Black Friday deals/offers? Great game so far.

Replies

• Black Friday deal seems like a no-brainer, but at the same time...I kinda feel like we've already got a good deal with packs being on discount. This freemium games being what they are, I'd be surprised if there was a crystal price drop tomorrow.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Marvel Future fight has some fun deals going on…
  • The only pack I was offered in September was the Dark Side Starter Pack. Packs were not specific to one level. The way the packs look now only came about on the 12th of this month. Previously, no discounts were offered. I can understand the confusion about this. If anyone was offered a pack with only Bariss Offee, then this is news to me.
  • It isn't only Barris. For $50 you get 4* Barris, 3* Ahsoka (I think), and a 2* something else...I can't recall. Plus a bunch of various shards for the others, it may be Consular, some cash and training droids.

I may have slightly misremembered the contents but it's along these lines.
  • Re packs...so far I've seen a Droid pack with HK47, IG88 and IG86...a Dark Side Count Dooko pack (I think), a Jedi Starter with Mace Windu and a Guardian (for $40), and the aforementioned Heroine pack, which I just checked and for $50 has 4* Barris, 3* Asajj, 2* Ahsoka and 1 Nightsister Initiate, plus the usual shards, cash and droids
  • Same ones then. I'm wondering what we will see after these expire. Maybe a sith pack with Kylo Ren?
  • Before the launch, there was only the Dooku starter pack if I recall. And no special packs for months. The triple pack (Windu, Droids & Barriss) are actually pretty recent stuff that started with 10 days duration. There was probably a free pack that gave 5 Vader shard for some celebration or something.. If I recall correctly. Other than that, there was nothing else.

So technically you guys didn't miss out on any good deals.
  • Me too :*
  • Thiiis!...
  • 50% off those three packs would be nice.
  • Seems like a missed oppurtunity on their part. I'm sure the game is doing well, but why not throw a little imagination in the marketing considering how much they probably spent for the IP.
  • I'm thinking from their viewpoint 3 (or 4?) character packs at various price-points probably seems like a good deal to them. Ranging from 4*-2* well known named characters at price points from $5-$50, from an executive's position seems like a good deal to us Star Wars fans.

Just playing devil's advocate. Obviously who wouldn't like a discount or slash in price.

Day isn't over yet, who knows...a lot of apps have surprise sales through the day/year. It's possible one will yet pop up here.
  • Game just released. They can't give a discount on those packs, just not smart from a business perspective. Also, they are still working on a ton of content, so they don't have the time to prepare something for this holiday. Next year, I'm sure they'll have something.
  • The new packs are level specific - I didn't note what the levels were, but each one unlocked when I leveled up to certain milestones. As for sales, CG's other current mobile title (Heroes of Dragon Age) is 2 years old and has never had a sale (aside from once having a one-day-long discount on energy refills), so don't hold your breath. They had sales in previous titles, but that does not seem to be part of their business model anymore. :(
  • I thought HoDA had bundles and weekly specific promotions. I would consider that a sale.
  • Ravenclaw78
    77 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Ander wrote: »
    I thought HoDA had bundles and weekly specific promotions. I would consider that a sale.

No, it's the same packs and same price every week. The only difference week-to-week is that new units get added every week and each week's pack has (very slightly) increased odds on a group of existing units related in some way to the new units. The price, number of units, and odds of dropping units of a given rarity are always exactly the same, except for when you buy enough packs to have hit a guarantee.
  • Did they have them? Was not here until March 2016