So chaze is just going to be ignored?

Prev13456725
The Chaze combo is entirely too OP. Since when was using 4* g9 characters supposed to be the total win condition? There's no real counter to them and they make every team unstoppable even at low star and gear. Do we just go in arena and hope that we don't run into Chaze? I'm sitting at #10 in arena right now and really wanna break into single digits but each team has Chaze and they just simply destroy me before I can even hurt them. I have never made a "nerf (insert character)" thread, because honestly, every character so far that everyone has thought was OP or under balanced, really hasn't been. However, Chaze needs to be looked at.

Replies

• Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    The Chaze combo is entirely too OP. Since when was using 4* g9 characters supposed to be the total win condition? There's no real counter to them and they make every team unstoppable even at low star and gear. Do we just go in arena and hope that we don't run into Chaze? I'm sitting at #10 in arena right now and really wanna break into single digits but each team has Chaze and they just simply destroy me before I can even hurt them. I have never made a "nerf (insert character)" thread, because honestly, every character so far that everyone has thought was OP or under balanced, really hasn't been. However, Chaze needs to be looked at.

I agree. Seeing how they can defeat teams 2v5 Is lame + Nobody in arena are gonna do that when they can have three other characters with them. Too OP for sure.
  • Wait till you face Wiggs/chaze/GK combo....
  • The remedy for all of these OP Rebels is to make Darth Vader OP against ALL Rebels and Jedi!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Chaze is the new rey.....

Remember her, all the complaints, no changes made.....she has been forgotten in the dust.

Just relax and have some fun, it's a game.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Buff/ability block, Boba Fett are some counters... Similar strat as with wiggs, take one out.

I do agree these new characters have so many abilities and synergies they are difficult to overcome let alone beat when you also have Wiggs + insert random pain in **** here.

It clearly is a way to overcome the current wiggs/power meta.

On a good note, empire is definitely a good option now so there are more options than just wiggs.

As with anything f2p vs p2p... they basically changed the meta with completely new toons so f2p has to wait until they are farmable. No different than SF/Rex etc.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Remember her, all the complaints, no changes made.....she has been forgotten in the dust.

Rey was one character, Chaze is two + possible wiggs and GK teams
  • +1 to the OP
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    The funny thing is you are claiming 4* gear 9.

When I started empire teams I beat gear 11 7 star.
    I started with:
    EP 5star gear 10
    Royal Guard 7, 10
    TFP 2, 7
    ShT 3, 6
    Vader 5, 7

I could. Eat wiggs lando teams with that.
    If they can beat you on defense that is something completely different.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

That's conceivably better than Rey. You can wreck Wiggs by wiping Wedge. You can cripple Chaze by dazing and/or shocking Baze, buff blocking and/or ability blocking Chirrut, killing Chirrut, or Boba-ing everyone to death.

These character are a lot stronger than we're used to but the ways to beat them are also readily available. If you thought you could stay on top by just using the same old same-old, you're thinking about the game wrong.

There's a whole swathe of powerful troops entering the fray at the same time. Some of that is a systematic power-creep issue. But the overwhelming Frankenstein teams are literally nothing new at all.
  • JVU420
    429 posts Member
    Boba counter Chaze pretty well.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    B2
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    Boba Fett, healing immunity (+ability block), Quigon, etc.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i don't fear the chaze+wiggs combo at all. Haven't seen general kenobi though, maybe that will change my mind.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • 'member when Rey was OP?

This will pass, just like every other meta before it
    ΔCŁBØSØX | Discord: aclbosox#8982
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    leef wrote: »
    i don't fear the chaze+wiggs combo at all. Haven't seen general kenobi though, maybe that will change my mind.

Same, though I've seen a Rogue1 squad with GK in it, didn't add enough. For a week now I've been running Boba lead, Barris (zeta), Palp, Chaze and most days there's only 2 whales that can move me. The key to beating other Chaze squads is to takeaway what makes them strong, and it's mostly the buffs. Palp's Shock is game-ending to them because they can't heal and can't taunt to protect Chirrut. The AI uses Chirrut's 2nd ability first, so it's easy to clear the tenacity-up and go to town. I'm not saying it's a faceroll match or even easy, but it is very very beatable, you just have to change your tactics. Characters that can inflict Daze, Shock, Buff Immune, Heal Immune are very important right now and you should make sure your squad has one to two for dealing with the Chaze meta. B2 is very very good, if you don't have him you should.
  • Boba lead, Bariss zeta, GK, Chaze. Enjoy :)
    Wait till you face Wiggs/chaze/GK combo....

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Isn't that the point. To get the benefit of chaze and wiggs you need to occupy 2 spots in your team.....
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Boba lead, Bariss zeta, GK, Chaze. Enjoy :)
    Wait till you face Wiggs/chaze/GK combo....

Vader Zeta lead, with some combination of the following toons would have fun obliterating that team: B2, Shoretrooper, Boba, TFP, EP, Sidious, Geo spy, Sun Fac. There are more I'm sure that people will figure out over time.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Rey was never a problem for me, and was nowhere near as powerful as Chaze. Not even close. Not to mention she had no synergy with anyone, she was just a lone glass cannon.
  • JVU420 wrote: »

I have a 7* g11 Boba with 200 speed and he doesn't seem to do anything against them.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    JVU420 wrote: »

I have a 7* g11 Boba with 200 speed and he doesn't seem to do anything against them.

Try using his move "Execute" against a toon with lots of HoTs.

• JVU420 wrote: »

you gon need that B2 if their Chirrut is faster, then two-turn ability block Chirrut. Execute one of them when the HoTs build up.
  • +1 to OP
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I say chill. It'll be Episode 8 meta next winter.

46470755.jpg
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    JVU420 wrote: »

Try using his move "Execute" against a toon with lots of HoTs.

6NiJxqe.png

^^^my boba, under EP lead (vs chaze team).

P.S.: cheers to my friend Wallace Vasques, who insisted that I finished both Vader and Boba... best thing I've done since I begun playing... this team is so much fun!
    Do or do not...
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    I think Baze/Chirrut should be buffed. There are multiple toons that can dispel all their buffs, or prevent them from gaining buffs. And there are multiple toons that do extra damage for removing status effects. How is it fair that I one shot killed a Baze with a free toon? It's not hard to do 50-100k damage or more to them because of their crippling liability of gaining HoTs constantly. They have such a giant, glaring weakness. It's embarrassing. Buff them now.
  • Chaze is easy to beat now, you just need the right toons. Just like countering any meta. Surprised no one has mentioned Maul, that dude eats up all this Rebel Scum and Jedi new meta. Nom nom nom.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Eightys wrote: »
    Chaze is easy to beat now, you just need the right toons. Just like countering any meta. Surprised no one has mentioned Maul, that dude eats up all this Rebel Scum and Jedi new meta. Nom nom nom.

If only they would fix his AoE to apply daze before the damage.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Eightys wrote: »
    Chaze is easy to beat now, you just need the right toons. Just like countering any meta. Surprised no one has mentioned Maul, that dude eats up all this Rebel Scum and Jedi new meta. Nom nom nom.

If only they would fix his AoE to apply daze before the damage.

Agreed, would make them even less of an issue. I'm not saying Chaze isn't OP, they are **** strong BUT they are very counterable.

• It is going in hype periods, everywhone has forgotten chaze over 4 months after this post.