How would you beat this squad?

I wanted to get the opinions of some of you tactical experts on here.

Heres who I'm going against:
Rex(L)-78
Rey- 78
Sun Fac- 78
Chaze- 78

I can't even kill one character as the taunts go back and forth between sun fac and Baze. When I do massive damage they get multiple healing effects.

I'm running(all 80)
Lando(L)-
Wedge
Biggs
EP
Alternatate between Barriss and Boba

Replies

• Options
    With those characters, you need to get Boba and EP speed up so that you get Boba ability block (omega'd for 2 turn effect) and EP stun before Rex goes. Then start shocking them with Rex first. Then Baze and Chirrut. Oh, looking at your team again, you have no dispel. You are going to need either QGJ or preferably B2 (AoE dispel to clear all positive status effects.)

Once you do this, Chirrut must go, then Rex, Rey, Baze, Fac.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    If your level 80 and have a few chases/wiggs on your server or already. I would focus on your boba and palpi to counter them.
    To beat them you got to get lucky and stun chirrut with palpi. Make sure to use your shock usefully. Boba destroys when many buffs/debuffs are on enemy so he is great.
  • Options
    Thanks for the great advice! I have no problems with droid or empire teams.

It's trying to beat Chaze and especially if they run STH or Sun Fac because your constantly being taunted.

It sounds like B2 is the perfect remedy to that. I tried QGJ who's is 7600 power and he'll remove taunt on Baze but then sun fac taunts. It's a never ending taunt against two tanks while they take out the rest of my team.
  • Options
    How fast is the Rex you're facing? Great advice in the previous quotes
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Rex is 177, Rey 191, Chirrut 193

My Biggs, EP and Lando are 168-173 before Landos +15 speed bonus
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm going to bump this again to get some advice. This guy is almost impossible to beat.

He now runs: Rex(L), EP, SF and Chaze

I've been trying combos of: EP, B2, Boba and mixing in: DV, QGJ, Lando, Biggs, Shore and Baze

My Boba goes first, then his EP and then my EP assuming I don't get stunned.

If I do happen stun them, Rex or Chirrut cleanse negative effects. I've tried starting off blocking Rex, EP and Chirrut as well as execute Baze to remove the taunt.

What makes this tough is the AI rotates taunts between SF and Baze, Rex and Baze inflict slow down, Rex and chirrut add tenacity and remove negative effects, rex and baze counter and then Chaze get so many combo attacks.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
  • Options
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    I'm going to bump this again to get some advice. This guy is almost impossible to beat.

He now runs: Rex(L), EP, SF and Chaze

I've been trying combos of: EP, B2, Boba and mixing in: DV, QGJ, Lando, Biggs, Shore and Baze

My Boba goes first, then his EP and then my EP assuming I don't get stunned.

If I do happen stun them, Rex or Chirrut cleanse negative effects. I've tried starting off blocking Rex, EP and Chirrut as well as execute Baze to remove the taunt.

What makes this tough is the AI rotates taunts between SF and Baze, Rex and Baze inflict slow down, Rex and chirrut add tenacity and remove negative effects, rex and baze counter and then Chaze get so many combo attacks.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Try Vader (L), EP, Boba, B2, Shore and then switch for EP (L) if that doesn't work. There's going to be some RNG luck involved honestly. If you don't ability block Rex, Chirrut, and EP, it's going to be tough. You should get countered on the first attack. Here's where it gets tricky.

If either Chirrut or Rex is *not* ability blocked, don't use B2 aoe dispel. If neither are ability blocked, you're pretty much sunk. Assuming only one is ability blocked, wait for that character to use their cleanse. Then use B2 aoe dispel the next time around. I have to play this game with Wiggs Chaze teams on a daily basis. Don't waste B2's aoe only to have a cleanse immediately come behind you and undo it. Using execute is OK to clear the initial taunt.

Rex (L) is just tough because of the TM gain on crits. You might check your mods and make sure that you are increasing B2's crit chance too much. His crits aren't that big anyway, and it's not worth giving the turn meter for another 1.5k in damange.

Finally, don't waste EP's aoe stun if Rex has given tenacity up. It's better to find a character that no longer has the effect and shock them.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Great advice RyanRen. Thank you for the well thought out strategy!
  • Options
    RyanRen, for B2, would you recommend potency, health and protection? I've mainly focused on defense, health and protection for him?