Reyia's Diary

Prev13456721
Reyia
1171 posts Member
27 Jan 2016

A short time ago in a server far, far away baby Reyia was born.

First thing I saw when I opened my eyes was a bartender speaking to me about holotables. A massive thingie bulged in and seems quite rude to me. The former told me it was Hutt and he's a pro at it. 'Pro huh, wait till I get strong and pwn u' I thought.

I was given two data cards which I promptly used and by magic Jedi Consular and Clone Sergeant Phase 1 came to my side and assisted me in killing a few droids on Kashyyyk. Using my crystals I summoned my first 3* hero, the one and only Clone Wars Chewbacca.

I did a few light side battles and got to level 8 and that's when the Squad Arena opened!
DcHBpb7.png
Ooohhh I'm ranked 11003! Not bad, just need a few battles and I'll be on top :)

Let's have a look at the top and see how it's like.
vyxN8Vj.png

Rank 4 is level 9? Bah even I am higher than that.
O7949pd.png

Something just popped up on my screen.
RvYdqlU.png

I better go and check it out as it must be something important.
jUw0pBA.png

It was indeed an important message. The dark side called upon me and offered to give me some power.
p88hjAf.png

I gladly accepted the offer and I could feel Darth Vader nod of approval.
aj9kdxt.png

For a moment I was oppressed savagely.
WxVYDcn.png

The holotable glowed and I got blessed with tons of goodies.
4LUrVjL.png

At level 18 the droid council sent an encrypted message to my terminal.
U5otN24.png

The were rumors of droid teams floating around the galaxy synergising with Poe whom some considered to be OP. Immediately snatched the following bundle.
JGHK1JM.png

Proceeded to do a few light and dark missions and finally hit arena till 6 p.m the prize award time.
5QQN372.png

Rank 1-18 looked like the following:
tt9lh6K.png
XNXGmiE.png
OapFGKn.png
IUto30H.png

Got my first arena prize!
wMA0CMO.png

And that concludes day 1 of my adventure in space o:)

Replies

• Keep us updated and good luck climbing :). You should update it with your squad list too.

I see you're in cosmicturtles guild, you should ask him for advice before making purchases. The dooku/droid pack are definitely good packs to buy though imo.
  • Nice upgrade in the arena rank ;)
    11k➡️3xx if you believe you can Fly ;D
  • Wow, sounds like you have started on a new arena.

I would have loved to be so lucky, when I started the top 50 were already level 60 and 5 or 6*. I am level 65 and am struggling to break into the top 500!!

Will follow with interest.
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @Reyia
    Oh hey, my alt is in the same server. Seems like I'll have competition there :)
  • Wow nicely done. And I must agree you're very lucky you have a new server. Mine is sorta new. People are only like 10 levels ahead of me. Can't wait to see your updates
  • Khai
    81 posts Member
    Wow you are in one lucky server! Keep us updated!
  • This is really cool.
    It would be great for new players to see as well.
    *bookmarks*
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Keep us updated and good luck climbing :). You should update it with your squad list too.

I see you're in cosmicturtles guild, you should ask him for advice before making purchases. The dooku/droid pack are definitely good packs to buy though imo.

Thanks! Sure I will keep everyone updated daily if possible :-)

That's a good idea, I'll put in my squad list as well.

I bought all the packs in my main account. This account is a F2P account with only the droid pack and dark side packs bought. I want to see how far a F2P account can go with proper knowledge and help from forum/guild members help and advice.
    Darklloyd wrote: »
    Nice upgrade in the arena rank ;)
    11k➡️3xx if you believe you can Fly ;D

Well where there is a will there is a way!

I got to rank 1 today just for the reward and got sniped a short while after.
    Wow, sounds like you have started on a new arena.

I would have loved to be so lucky, when I started the top 50 were already level 60 and 5 or 6*. I am level 65 and am struggling to break into the top 500!!

Will follow with interest.

I did start in a new one. Everytime u create a new account (gamecenter or google play) which has never been used before it will put u on a new server and pitted against people who have created accounts on that particular day. People get put into what I call a 'cluster' of servers.

If u don't do anything for days people will out level u and it will be almost impossible to catch up. There
    is no 'pause' button unfortunately.

What levels are the top ranks? They started roughly at the same time as u but they did many more energy/cantina refreshes than u every day to reach their current levels.
    Heisen wrote: »
    @Reyia
    Oh hey, my alt is in the same server. Seems like I'll have competition there :)

Hey! Great we will have some healthy competition to push us to work harder! What's ur name in there?
    BOXER wrote: »
    Wow nicely done. And I must agree you're very lucky you have a new server. Mine is sorta new. People are only like 10 levels ahead of me. Can't wait to see your updates

Thank you :-) Everyone who starts a new account will be put on a new server. 10 levels ahead of u is normal, they used crystals to refresh their energies. On this new server I'm roughly 10-20 levels ahead of most. On my main account I'm the second highest in the server.
    Khai wrote: »
    Wow you are in one lucky server! Keep us updated!

Sure I will! As a matter of fact I'm going to write day 2 soon!
    BentWookie wrote: »
    ng83kk.jpg

:D
    This is really cool.
    It would be great for new players to see as well.
    *bookmarks*

Thanks. Yes new players will kind of see the progression from when they create their accounts.
    I'll post my squad and little tips if I think it will help the new ones out.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    28 January 2016

Dear Diary, today has been such an eventful day I don't even know where to begin!

Okay to start off let's talk about a brand new area that has opened up: the Cantina!

It got unlocked when I reached level 28. The battles are similar to the Light/Dark side but offers more
    rewards: character shards, cantina credits which is a currency used to buy hero shipments, and ability
    materials for hero upgrades. There r no hard modes and there is no restrictions on Light/Dark heroes
    u can bring. The battles r a bit harder than the normal campaign and they use a brand new energy bar
    which recharges slowly relative to the main one. The refresh is a bit more expensive too at 100 crystals
    for the first one.

I bravely went ahead onto Holotable Battle A and under an assassin protocol I fired rapidly and with precision strikes I mortally wounded those white stormtroopers, scout troopers, clone private - phase 1, sandtroopers, and stormtrooper commanders. My efforts were successful and I was rewarded with credits, cantina credits, training droids, player xp, Genosian Soldier shards, and ability materials.

With enough shards I activated my aggressively advancing swarm/hive tactics Genosian Soldier!
    YbEo0Jo.png

As my main purpose is arena I proceeded to arm my squad with gear farmed with LS/DS campaign
    using energy refreshes and sim tickets.

My squad is HK-47(leader), IG88, IG86, JC, and Chewbecca. I used a few crystals to refresh arena
    and in so doing I was able to fight higher and higher ranked adversaries. My advice is to keep
    refreshing the list till u get the lowest rank on display to the right side of the screen and attacking
    that one. This is to minimise crystal spending. My efforts paid off and I achieved the coveted rank 1!

u1uiDT9.png

The rewards are worth it. Spent less on refreshes than the prize.

vQRzcup.png

My opponents weren't too happy though but well u can't please everyone all the time :-)

j75A2MG.png

Rewards came in via mail in the inbox. Yay!

j6Q8PfJ.png

Just a few mins after someone else took the number 1 spot. Someone who bought the heroine starter bundle.

tn3KHdZ.png

As can be seen the top is almost similar in levels now and is so different from yesterday. One day
    and it's totally changed.

The remaining rank 5-20 are as follows. Notice that Cal, the previous rank 1 is now ranked 13.

upv7YyC.png

ZpeRJmN.png

47Ro0jq.png

LgTAWFY.png

My client crashed and after I restarted there was a new training droid pack on sale at 380 crystals for 45 tier
    5 XP droids.

2sWhysJ.png

The pack is available for repeat purchase until Feb. 4th.

OSE5RTo.png

And that concludes day 2 of my adventure in space o:)
  • The top ranks in my arena range from 65-70. I think I wasted too many crystals on chromium early on. Lesson learned I guess.

I am back on track now though, just need to play catch up. Getting knocked back from 5xx to 8xx every day is frustrating though...

Perhaps I should set up an alt account and see how well I can do.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @Reyia
    Number 1 in two days. Nice :)

It's really bad how experienced players aren't offered the training droid pack. A lot of higher ups really need more training droids.

Edit: yet, maybe, idk.
  • I't not properli a F2P account, but it's really a nice idea.. Cool diary..
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    The top ranks in my arena range from 65-70. I think I wasted too many crystals on chromium early on. Lesson learned I guess.

I am back on track now though, just need to play catch up. Getting knocked back from 5xx to 8xx every day is frustrating though...

Perhaps I should set up an alt account and see how well I can do.

I can personally relate to this- I couldn't resist buying 8 pack chromium at the beginning haha.

Indeed sometimes it seems impossible to catch up, sometimes I wish they had a restart account function.
    I had two other accounts, one in my samsung galaxy and one in my ipad mini which I abandoned as I felt
    it was too hard and I made too many mistakes.

Do make an alt if u have a spare phone/tablet and apply all that u've learnt into making the right
    choices in the beginning, naming thinking of ur end squad and concentrating on them only. It's
    better to have 5 very strong toons than having 40 average toons.
    @Reyia

It's really bad how experienced players aren't offered the training droid pack. A lot of higher ups really need more training droids.

Thanks! It is possible to easily climb ranks in a new server by applying all our knowledge right from the
    get go.

Both my accounts have the training droid packs. How about doing a force close and opening it again.
    On iOs devices press home button twice quickly, locate the app, and swipe upwards to close.
    On android devices press and hold the home button, and swipe to the right to close app.
    ilyanor wrote: »
    I't not properli a F2P account, but it's really a nice idea.. Cool diary..

I did mention that apart from the dark side and droid purchases it's otherwise a F2P account.
    Thanks, I got the idea to write one yesterday B)
  • Cool diary, I'll keep on reading this one. Kind of makes me want to start a new account as well. :)

Btw: I've been playing for a month today! :grin:
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Wow, they increased the price of the Heroine pack to $80.00. Very fortunate to have gotten it at $50 when the game made its global launch. Seeing an increase to the Jedi pack just doesn't make sense. That pack is pointless. Nice Diary by the way. Fun to follow your journey in the game thus far.
  • This is great, a well thought out post, fun to read.. We need 100 of you on this forum.

Thanks for this!

ng83kk.jpg

• @Reyia

I am kilum natta in that server. Seems like we are different time zones so at least I don't have to worry about getting in a sniping war with you!
  • Just jumping in on one of the better threads in the forums. Nice job!
  • Delicious reading! Please keep posting @Reyia :)
  • Wow, they increased the price of the Heroine pack to $80.00. Very fortunate to have gotten it at $50 when the game made its global launch. Seeing an increase to the Jedi pack just doesn't make sense. That pack is pointless. Nice Diary by the way. Fun to follow your journey in the game thus far.

It's in Australian dollars.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    OmarFPG wrote: »
    Cool diary, I'll keep on reading this one. Kind of makes me want to start a new account as well. :)

Btw: I've been playing for a month today! :grin:

Thanks Omar. Yea the temptation to start a new account is very strong especially after reading all the guides, playing around with your current line up, and wishing the mistakes u made weren't made. Plus after gaining more knowledge u would wish to try different synergies which u can't in ur main account as it would be too costly to change ur high level main squad, and gear/skill them up.

Nice u played about 100% more time that I did, I've been playing for about two weeks now :p
    Wow, they increased the price of the Heroine pack to $80.00. Very fortunate to have gotten it at $50 when the game made its global launch. Seeing an increase to the Jedi pack just doesn't make sense. That pack is pointless. Nice Diary by the way. Fun to follow your journey in the game thus far.

Thanks! The price didn't actually increase. I would presume yours is in US$ which would be $49.99. The jedi starter bundle is US$39.99. True I wouldn't buy the Jedi bundle but the heroine bundle is somewhat useful because of Barriss for GW and Asajj Ventress which I hope will get fixed soon.
    BentWookie wrote: »
    This is great, a well thought out post, fun to read.. We need 100 of you on this forum.

Thanks for this!

ng83kk.jpg

Thank you! Glad you've enjoyed it and yes I agree we need more creative posts instead of too many complaining/angry ones >:)
    Heisen wrote: »
    @Reyia

I am kilum natta in that server. Seems like we are different time zones so at least I don't have to worry about getting in a sniping war with you!

Oh hey Kilum Natta! I saw that u've added me as friend and thanks to you I received 2 vader shards, 750 ally points, and 35k credits from completing the strength in allies achievement. Love to see someone who is from the same server <3
    Just jumping in on one of the better threads in the forums. Nice job!

Thanks Az. I like to jump into threads haha.
    LocoAl wrote: »
    Delicious reading! Please keep posting @Reyia :)

Thanks! Sure I will. Day 3 will be written later on after I come back home from work.
    Wow, they increased the price of the Heroine pack to $80.00. Very fortunate to have gotten it at $50 when the game made its global launch. Seeing an increase to the Jedi pack just doesn't make sense. That pack is pointless. Nice Diary by the way. Fun to follow your journey in the game thus far.

It's in Australian dollars.

Cosmic is right on this. My appstore is charged in Australian dollars, which is way more than US$. The exchange rate used to great a few years back when 1 AUD was nearly equal to 1 USD.
  • Khai
    81 posts Member
    It's so satisfying watching a newbie totally wreck in their server. You have a big headstart
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Khai wrote: »
    It's so satisfying watching a newbie totally wreck in their server. You have a big headstart

Indeed it's great when the student can better the teacher =] I did have a big advantage but the gap is closing rapidly. Many P2P are rising to the top and it won't be long before I slide down lol.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    29 January 2016

Dear Diary today has been a very 'friendly' day! I got to know someone else from my server
    @Heisen aka Kilum Natta.
    Vcd8YpU.png

Thanks to the latter I was able to complete the achievement strength in allies.
    PQttUB8.png

Cal the day 1 rank 1 person on my server sent me a friend request! If u can't beat them, join them :p
    R3t29sQ.png

The main screen can be scrolled to the left and right. Many beginners would have missed that and think that the main screen is all that is to the game but no!! What a classic mistake... there is so much more to the game than just LS/DS, cantina, arena, shipments, and data cards.

To the left of the main screen is an area named events & challenges. Everyday there are various challenges that test our ability to build a team that can defeat the enemy under certain conditions. We need to take with us heroes that can counter the bosses’ strengths.

On some days there are more than 5 challenges so don't forget to scroll to the right to see all of them!

Today the following challenges were offered.
    6hWgAWv.png

Hero Abilities have to be carefully reviewed before going into battles. We can acquire training remotes, STR gear, AGI gear, INT gear, Ability Upgrades, and Credits up to 3-5 times per day. It is recommended that we complete each challenge every day.

Bounty hunter challenges give credits.
    yZKXsRM.png

The higher the tier the more credits.
    7GvMLGU.png

AGI challenges give AGI gear and minuscule credits.
    MCldmig.png

The higher the tier the more gear u get as rewards.
    9rIaqCG.png

Be aware that after completing one challenge there is a 10 min cool down before another one can be attempted. The reasoning behind this is beyond me. Why put a cool down?
    d1T7pTI.png

I took my brave heroes to the AGI challenge for the first time.
    dADuQHR.png

Oh wow well done HK47! U saved the day and thanks to u I'll enjoy a few AGI gear!
    ouBnzwC.png

Someone on the server was called DroidTactics. I went to fight him into the arena. He had the perfect anti droid tactics and gave my droid team a massive electric shock!
    TBtWiD4.png

Needless to say I got an electrifying defeat- my first since I started my climb from rank 11k+ to the top.
    sAGd4xR.png

I had my lone IG86 against count Dooku and his counters killed my small pool of health. My heart was pumping fast and I aimed at Dooku with my precision strike. A 'dodge' appeared and he countered thus killing my poor droid. NERF Dooku! :D

The top ranks have changed from yesterday.
    T3PPYSB.png
    C2V2gS4.png
    hfpSSLn.png
    Ok6wIYz.png
    jPYHA2u.png

Clone sergeant - phase 1 got cloned and the holotable was happy to beam one up to me!
    tyxWXfo.png

I had an original 1* and it got replaced by the 2*. So happy, now that I have such a formidable army it won't be long before I take over the galaxy!
    loDVgms.png

And that concludes day 3 of my adventure in space o:)
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    30 January 2016

Dear Diary, I've reached a major milestone- level 40 and being broke! A new holotable to the right of the main screen opened and I got access to Galactic War! I'll abbreviate it as GW in short.

Achievement unlocked- level 40!
    JcO2h6h.png

U know u r real broke when u can't even afford all three shipments :s
    UtahPXq.png
    MQ0CUOE.png

GW is like a test of endurance player versus player exercise where u need to think ahead to go the extra mile. In the Squad arena we put our best five characters to fight but in GW it's different. We have to form a few various teams. Top team will be your main highest level squad. The rest are there to weaken the enemies or waste their cooldowns so that u can bring in ur main team to clean up. Using the right hero at the right time can be the determining factor in a fight. Here we would preferably have more than one healer. Jedi Consular, Luminara, Talia, Old Daka, and Barriss Offee really shine in this area.

After each battle a chest with increasing better rewards is awarded until the end of the board is reached. There are twelve battles in total and the difficulty can ramp up quite fast and P2W teams with full 7* heroes can creep up and make winning almost impossible. That's when thinking outside the box is required and choosing which heroes to sacrifice in order to continue is paramount. Cooldowns and health are carried over from one battle to other.

Before level 40 GW can't be accessed.
    QtcGZb1.png

I'm going to post what the lizardman said as he does offer tips for GW.
    REtcKFx.png
    VMmIBSh.png
    C60tyDT.png
    etN9KTP.png
    scofV0k.png
    B9SO8uM.png
    omLVVy7.png
    wEFMQPL.png
    TX6Yd3g.png
    qS5EnEZ.png
    lXOYK0c.png
    UfgEgug.png

Ok so for my first opponent I got:
    riET4Iy.png

Second opponent:
    UT4SHek.png

Third opponent:
    Nkc22gp.png

Fourth opponent:
    40WgNu0.png

Fifth opponent:
    cS52Bfa.png

Sixth opponent:
    t2OQX78.png

Seventh opponent:
    bEX4Prv.png

Eight opponent:
    3k3bVoP.png

I stopped at eight as both JC and Talia died. With no healers I can't go further.

I promoted GS to 4* yay! Thank u cantina energy.
    ycGNZv3.png

Achievement unlocked 5 promotions.
    CWSgVWa.png

I've upgraded two skills to make my droids stronger.
    0zK5YVf.png
    gJgkaXe.png

The Force Awakens Ultimate Bundle which was no longer offered came back and I got the option to buy it. It seems only new accounts can buy the bundle and not the older ones.
    B7xkrm6.png
    m8UZaRr.png

And that concludes day 4 of my adventure in space o:)
  • @Reyia

For me the main problem is gold, and purple mats. I always seem to have an abundance of training droid packs, but maybe that's because I refersh like 5x times? or something with regular energy.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    @Reyia

For me the main problem is gold, and purple mats. I always seem to have an abundance of training droid packs, but maybe that's because I refersh like 5x times? or something with regular energy.

For me main problem is credits, gear mats, and ability mats.
  • Nice work Reyia! Did you try to retreat on GW to get better rng? I would have thought your tips would be tough enough to go the distance.

I just started an alt account today to. Got to level 17 and am top 400. Will be aiming for top 50 tomorrow.

Anyway, love your work! Great to see a fellow Aussie on the forums. Looking forward to what tomorrow brings. Keep it up!!
  • Nice work Reyia! Did you try to retreat on GW to get better rng? I would have thought your tips would be tough enough to go the distance.

I just started an alt account today to. Got to level 17 and am top 400. Will be aiming for top 50 tomorrow.

Anyway, love your work! Great to see a fellow Aussie on the forums. Looking forward to what tomorrow brings. Keep it up!!

Fellow Aussie you say?

Check out the guild Reyia and I are in.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6579/anzgc-the-guild-from-down-under/p1