Reyia's Diary

Replies

• Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    13 March 2016

Dear Diary, today I got lucky and pulled a full character from bronzium! Biggs Darklighter glowed on the holotable, he's a 2* hero at unlock. I maxed IG88 abilities excluding the leader skill. I used half of my credits to level Barriss up to level 70. I used GG borrowed from an ally for the first time- his animations were so flashy and glowing, made me want to get one myself but it would be next year for a usable GG if I grinded the shards exclusively for that character.

Today's login rewards is 3 training droids.
    U6RYnut.png

Started the day with a battle against a team of Dooku (leader), Daka, Kylo, Lumi, Sid.
    88z63I9.png
    xrDayxG.png

Don't like the lengthy dances so I target the newbie slayer first.
    14fRYqp.png

Ouchie 14k crit! Counter that!
    EymD5NA.png

*cough cough* who farted?
    uO1iUFP.png

Dodge much Lumi?
    sE4krwn.png

No more dodging for you.
    uniW0Wz.png

Take that punch Sid. And don't dare to dodge.
    XW0KBxV.png

No retaliation from Kylo, crits from IG86 too awesome.
    2YCwIfC.png

Sid couldn't dodge big alien shot.
    gomKM2n.png

Mission complete.
    htBZrzH.png
    CKiC9lg.png

It was HK a new player in the top ranks. Couldn't resist to test his team.
    WE1PC0l.png

I got such an adrenaline rush when I saw a new character appear from bronzium.
    0xvHp9i.png
    2tNamBY.png

Biggs looking handsome in my characters list.
    qv0X1Gs.png

Maxing Poggle's abilities.
    gpMoS7R.png
    pMSJXjt.png
    EQ0G1NL.png

Maxing IG88.
    UX8DngL.png
    oiZ2bHC.png

Poe's abilities upgrades.
    dQkMCh5.png
    JMvhabu.png
    uHfvaM0.png
    Oju0Lqx.png

Maximising levels of Jedi heroes.
    LNHACpI.png
    8qNgcDU.png
    JOQVtZo.png
    6VzdLIc.png

Using GG for the first time!
    P5j6AO7.png
    K4jnPHC.png
    LBkikP4.png
    16f3wum.png
    o9pox4Y.png
    p1WFKgn.png
    l3zwbcF.png
    MsZs6rm.png
    EFVFYU5.png
    znnkYmb.png
    F1i8mIn.png

Farmed upper right slot for Lumi.
    qSnbHEJ.png
    eSyYydt.png
    0B5fxiv.png
    5qjrn5f.png

I've got mail.
    xF5KCjV.png

Just a friend request and not crystals.
    Jndyvb3.png

Another QGJ led battle. Poggle's eyes widened as his face got hit by Lumi's chest.
    0DnPF9J.png

My turn now. QGJ take that blast.
    K8UOZiP.png

Buffs on plus Poe taunted with exposes.
    09a6zyN.png

Deadly IG88 AoE.
    sLCrQJe.png

Cya Sid. No more heal debuff for you to cast.
    LgGyGKq.png

Three remained. Didn't want Lumi to heal.
    LRWPNsY.png

Lumi terminated.
    uPWaxEL.png

Laters Phasma.
    YVeuX7U.png

Bug fight.
    7rsWBql.png

Mission successful.
    pP8sCLD.png
    ura7KZI.png

Those QGJ teams are so common these days. Us poor droids users suffer.
    XZ7MwNj.png

First kill QGJ. Then GS.
    4rpaoec.png

Yoda was the third to go.
    vE7F6FK.png

Fourth was Dooku.
    ECjIORG.png

Last was Lumi.
    XbOtJ9n.png

I was lucky with RNG this time. Battle won.
    7nIAVQ5.png
    OmsM3R0.png

Finally got 50 syringes for GS's last gear.
    3TU5ckY.png
    mihZW8C.png
    TYxY4DO.png
    WPhOblY.png

Couldn't finish GW again.
    7ibwzfc.png

All my heroes were dead. My last team wasn't able to defeat the node.
    r4ZtWXz.png
    FMRcXUp.png
    NmfcNpE.png

Need more purple mats from cantina.
    OLXLMRx.png

Finished all six challenges on time.
    XZR4ZtM.png
    aQ26D9h.png

Just needed one more Jedi to qualify for Yoda.
    rFaUlVf.png

Darth Vader shards in shard shop. Why only appear when I don't have enough tokens?
    LqIYfNU.png

Yet another QGJ battle.
    t28vCo3.png

Bye Yoda.
    BXRSwD1.png

QGJ was next.
    zUhRYDq.png

Lumi vanished in green ashes.
    1xUklsf.png

GS turning invisible.
    Ffq4CKe.png

Sid getting assaulted.
    nt6V32h.png

Mission complete.
    y7m2QHK.png
    kJj4mei.png

Ty for crystals.
    1jbmptZ.png

Today's top 20.
    B1hksjy.png
    942cRxy.png
    UoTVpzk.png
    bA2nIlf.png
    j8UhFEg.png
    H5re2zt.png

Today's newbie lesson- Sidious. Someone asked why he dodged too much and why he's so popular:

I just refreshed my opponents in the Arena multiple times and 16 of the first 19 that came up (I made sure I didn't count dupes) had Dodge Sidious on their team. I then did a complete Galactic War and I think out of all the battles, only one team didn't have Dodge Sidious on it.
    Is there something wrong with the balance of characters when such an overwhelming percentage of people are all using the same character?

His team:

In GW I run:

Luminara (leader)
    Kit Fisto
    Obi-Wan or JC
    Qui-Gon
    Barriss

In the arena I run:
    Qui-Gon (leader)
    Kit Fisto
    Obi-Wan
    Barriss
    Luminara

The reason he dodge so much is because of an innate ability to dodge Jedi heroes. His skill 'Sadistic Glee' gives evasion against Jedi attacks.

He's so popular because he's very easy to farm in arena shipments. One of the best character to farm from there so naturally many people will have him in the team.

IUGImMr.png

And that concludes day 47 of my adventure in space o:)
  • @Reyia

Have you seen this thread on GW? https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/8977/galactic-war-guide-team-instinct

I switched to this strategy and am able to complete GW 99% of the time (my Barriss is 4* Gear 6, and I only spent purple mats to get leader ability to 6). With this strategy, you make her the leader and keep JC in at all times. I run:

Barriss (L)
    Lumi
    JC
    GS

Hope that helps!
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Merr1dew wrote: »
    @Reyia

Have you seen this thread on GW? https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/8977/galactic-war-guide-team-instinct

I switched to this strategy and am able to complete GW 99% of the time (my Barriss is 4* Gear 6, and I only spent purple mats to get leader ability to 6). With this strategy, you make her the leader and keep JC in at all times. I run:

Barriss (L)
    Lumi
    JC
    GS

Hope that helps!

@Merr1dew

I did see that thread when it was first posted. I have a 7* Barriss in main and a 6* Barriss in alt. I still haven't completed a single GW for two to three weeks now. There now has been two patches addressing the GW difficulty. I do use her as leader when I need massive healing. I usually put Barriss (leader), JC, Lumi, Poe, and whoever I need healed. Thanks for the tip about the thread. Overall my starting nodes has decreased in difficulty. Usually there are fully maxed gear/abilities level 70 teams as soon as node 2 but now they appear later.

The most recent patch was on 23/3/16 with Jesse posting:

Greetings,

Here is the short update note for today.

Additional matchmaking improvements have been made to Galactic War.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    14 March 2016

Dear Diary, I've got so lucky today and pulled Ahsoka through a bronzium data card!! As I already have her unlocked I received 15 shards instead. I checked my phone battery usage and I was surprised to see Heroes using 81% of battery! Phones nowadays are more used as gaming devices than they are for communication.

Today's login rewards is 375 ally points.
    eLyc1FH.png

Lucky Ahsoka pull! That would help to star my Jedi team.
    8DR11Uh.png
    RdJobGN.png

Starting day with a battle. Assembling tactical droids team.
    SdjoU7K.png

QGJ slicing bug with long green lightsaber.
    LRLH971.png

Sid doing his arena dance.
    9oiVFe9.png

Bye QGJ.
    IeMUfhS.png

Poe shot upwards with his assault rifle and enemies got exposed.
    qvEzmFR.png

IG88 rapid fire weapon engaged.
    rhnKEcE.png

Laters Phasma.
    Z7g8mtN.png

Enemy bug had a lethal dose of green fireball.
    yy2QmHm.png

Could Sid survive a precision strike?
    ERW7CS7.png

Answer is no.
    BciKnsl.png

Lumi mortally wounded.
    2tLfjFj.png

Very costly to increase few last levels.
    h7OyOBp.png
    A4CdVd1.png

Another battle with a QGJ led team. Yoda leaping towards my IG86.
    clxUkib.png

Killed Rey first. RG taunt came up.
    XU4n5J8.png

Poe's turn to move. Lucky RG got exposed.
    cqmKyfe.png

IG88 rapid fire weapon engaged.
    SmipIVq.png

RG not looking too good.
    xNfqfdR.png

GS-Poggle synergy.
    L6MlJ72.png

Enemies' bug got critted.
    NeyJcM1.png

Yoda dodged my IG86.
    LLJAE4h.png

Dodge that Yoda.
    sM1L8yH.png

Poggle flying towards QGJ.
    3I0wp1I.png

Will QGJ survive Poggle's punch?
    LMXBQMy.png

He didn't.
    uyXHobo.png
    NCQSR37.png
    11BFXyf.png

Completed light side stage 7 today.
    iAo0p44.png
    hXKPC9i.png

Achievement unlocked- The Light Side Path.
    HpQKZDL.png

One more battle versus QGJ team. My Poe and GS nearly dead.
    TJM9rHz.png

Good exposes. Terminating bug first.
    CamQvDm.png

Laters Dooku.
    4XIlVk7.png

Laters Lumi.
    RG3RWVj.png

Two versus one.
    EijQE3n.png

Red and green laser shots from both droids.
    IdsaUTv.png

QGJ sprinting towards IG86.
    9FvKpUD.png

HK47 caused mayhem to QGJ.
    cenjpKY.png

Thx for crystals. I only had 58 left.
    OADoJQk.png

Today's top 20.
    xPhTioy.png
    yEu8NC6.png
    mrsheKS.png
    skxoHA2.png
    OBH6e6j.png
    92lhuwJ.png

My battery usage. Major use by SWGOH.
    Lfc1wy0.png

Today's newbie lesson is about complaints.

@VIII posted:

Instead of complaining or screaming out nerf, why don't you actually play the game?

This game is not about having your favourite heroes in one team.

It's about strategy.

Build a descent roster,

Mix up your heroes,

And build the best counter team to any team you face.

It's not that hard.

(Their is more than enough characters to build a good team, stop crying because you think 1 hero is too strong, understand each character and work against them)

@Fantazy replied:

First of all, most people don't realize how often they complain because it has become a habit and, like all habits, it tends to be so familiar that it becomes invisible. Secondly, most people feel that it's a good conversation starter because it's easier to find common ground by complaining. Lastly, people complain because they want validation for their beliefs.

Why do we complain?

My answer:

Complainers gonna complain.

Haters gonna hate.

Just shake it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM

And that concludes day 48 of my adventure in space o:)
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    15 March 2016

Dear Diary, I've got enough shards to activate the new unit, Magmatrooper! I farmed enough shards to five star Lumi and Ahsoka. There was a game update today and a new unit became available- Chief Chirpa, the Chief of Ewoks. Ahsoka got a re-work and now she's viable. There were also a few bug fixes and character description updates. Training droids were removed from shipments and put in a data card for bulk buys.

Today's login rewards is four magmatrooper shards.
    fExfcaC.png

Magmatrooper activates at 1*.
    5uaViRZ.png

Upgraded Poe's basic.
    QODnPgv.png
    1UEanEg.png

JC's ascension to 70.
    Ph3vPyY.png
    d9PlWro.png

Ahsoka's energetic dash to 65.
    TeebO9q.png
    zOmXOrM.png

Lumi elegantly growing up to be a master healer.
    hdjEjyb.png
    iD8Wwe5.png
    87eQ2sw.png

My 21 days of sub was up. So it was time for another one!
    BqodODL.png
    fG7S8ou.png
    X5RD4uH.png
    fK5mm2o.png
    KQDA4ZJ.png

Shards for Ahsoka Tano? Yes please!
    uzbdzC0.png

Ahsoka quickly stepping up to 5*.
    DjrN90g.png
    kS1mvlc.png

Time for a QGJ battle!
    TDxiDXf.png

QGJ was the first target.
    m1jvKI4.png

Yoda was the second target.
    gXLyfFH.png

Rapid bullets in my heart I sense.
    N2ofzBZ.png

GS was the third target.
    LBj8bK4.png

Lumi was the fourth target.
    M4Cm9QQ.png

Lumi's fall.
    MH2YfCn.png

Sid was the last target.
    boxA0dS.png

Tactical assault successful.
    YeS9YEF.png
    3D7wWw9.png

As usual crystal rewards appear in mailbox.
    p8SU0wA.png

Game update

Training Droids are no longer available through shipments, instead there are now 2 options for purchasing Training Droids in the Store: Training Droid Data Card and Training Droid Mega-Pack.
    vAZeqQh.png
    gFj7vBq.png

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben) – character shards can now be found for Old Ben in Cantina Battles 2-F and 6-B in addition to Chromium Packs.
    YW2e6u2.png
    ac8amAA.png

New character- Chief Chirpa, The Chief of the Ewoks on the Forest Moon of Endor.
    We1Gv7i.png
    POYF8TM.png
    VPJdpS7.png
    lsKcEXD.png
    OEtJbam.png

Found In: Chromium Packs and Cantina Battle 5-D
    7PbnBfe.png
    2LGe78p.png

Ahsoka Tano –

Despite her solid offensive stats, Ahsoka has been underperforming due to her unreliable survivability, compounded by low Speed. Her kit has been revised to give her a chance to shine.
    k7HpZix.png
    Mine is not maxed yet. Aurodium data packs has been removed before I had a chance to 7* Rex :'(
    Jj7f71H.png
    zne0RHQ.png
    thIudCL.png
    VjQNwV4.png

Magmatrooper – Shards for Magmatroper can now be obtained from Chromium Packs.
    dhI9FPw.png

New CG splash screen for Old Ben.
    fNAPcv2.png

And that concludes day 49 of my adventure in space o:)
  • Bryan1986
    529 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Hey @reyia !! How's it going? There hasn't been a lot of chat here lately. Just wanted to check in with you and see how things are going. I monitor you in game regularly.
    FTB
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Bryan1986 wrote: »
    Hey @reyia !! How's it going? There hasn't been a lot of chat here lately. Just wanted to check in with you and see how things are going. I monitor you in game regularly.

Hey @Bryan1986 it's going well thank you for asking!! Been so busy lately, Easter and all! Yea it's been quiet here for days as I haven't had much free time to browse through, write, and reply to all those forum threads. I've been doing much better in my main than my alt now. Usually I drop to near 20 there but I've changed my team composition and it seems to be holding better. In my alt I have progressed slowly, QGJ still 6* with 0/100, Lumi is at 5*, JC at 6*, Mace at 6*, Ahsoka at 5*, and Yoda at 5*. RG still at 4* so he's not viable.

Finally I got Poe to 7*!! He's a bit stronger now and can stay alive longer. How do you monitor in game regularly? ;)

My Ewok team is so far from being ready T_T. CC is at 0/50, EE at 24/25, Teebo at 3*, and ES at 2*. I got a free 2* Lando from the twitter promo. I'm about 2 weeks behind in writing updates here and I'm thinking of doing short updates daily in the future. So on some days long and others short.

I have about 1/3 of all available characters now and it's hard to adapt to the new metas as most of those characters are 2-4*. They won't be any use at those low stars. Hope droid teams get a buff soon!
  • @Reyia Hey Reyia! Didn't even know you had this diary! It's been a fun read, I'll keep dropping by for future updates :)

Are you hoarding materials and resources in anticipation of the level cap raise or are you farming as usual on both accounts? Oh, btw I'd like to add your alt account as ally to my main account for borrowing your HK. I love using droids in challenges and DS missions :)

Peace out!
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Zoggan wrote: »
    @Reyia Hey Reyia! Didn't even know you had this diary! It's been a fun read, I'll keep dropping by for future updates :)

Are you hoarding materials and resources in anticipation of the level cap raise or are you farming as usual on both accounts? Oh, btw I'd like to add your alt account as ally to my main account for borrowing your HK. I love using droids in challenges and DS missions :)

Peace out!

@Zoggan Hey Zoggan! Yes I have started writing this just over a month ago to keep track of a brand new alternate account. So far doing well but feeling restricted as I only have one single main team and the meta keep changing. Sure I will continue to write when I have some available time. :)

I'm still proceeding as normal but I think I will save for one day, which is on Wednesday before the level increase hit on Thursday.

Sure I'll add you on my alt so that you can use droids. They are all maxed geared with maxed abilities except leadership ones which I don't use such as IG88 leader ability.

Take care, peace!
  • @reyia. I just watch your position. Make sure you are still climbing daily and staying on top. Could be creepy...probably is creepy. Ya know, stalking your droids and all. Our server is growing more and more, but the poor fellas are having a hard time pinning us down. :smile:
    FTB
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Bryan1986 wrote: »
    @reyia. I just watch your position. Make sure you are still climbing daily and staying on top. Could be creepy...probably is creepy. Ya know, stalking your droids and all. Our server is growing more and more, but the poor fellas are having a hard time pinning us down. :smile:

@Bryan1986 Haha you are so creepy, stalking my poor droids who get bullied every day by QGJ and Dooku teams! :( Our server has grown so much lately with many new faces in the top 100. :) I'm glad, as it brings variety to the teams we face daily although there ain't too many variations as there are only limited number of viable teams to stay in the top. Hopefully the meta will change once again and we will see diverse teams again. Can't wait for level 80 to hit this Thursday! Although I'm not prepared for it, the credit crunch is so real. :|
  • Haha. Indeed it is ma'am!!
    FTB
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    @Bryan1986 There are so many level 71 in our shard now! There are over a dozen in the top 50. And Skywalkers is the highest amongst all- at level 72. How many refreshes do you do per day? I do the 200 ones now. Usually I only do 100 crystal refreshes. Finally I got my Poggle to 7*!! Yoda event was a big surprise to me as I didn't expect the event to return so soon... so I wasn't prepared and now I'm in a mad rush to get my fifth Jedi to 6*! It's a competition between Lumi and Ahsoka to see who can reach 6* first!
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    16 March 2016

Dear Diary, the new update went live today and a few new features were added. Droids fight back became available for android users only. Not fair for iOS users. :( A new Sullust environment was added. Aurodium packs containing Rex were removed from sale. New characters were added to cantina nodes- Chief Chirpa and Old Ben. Ahsoka was buffed and that made her viable. I unlocked Yoda today, yay!!!

Today's login rewards is 40k credits.
    zhXTEnE.png

There was a client restart request.
    I2E9IXt.png

7 MB download for patch.
    bLFseJr.png

New newsletters.
    GO6XMWk.png
    uHhX69Q.png

Training droids were now available for purchase.
    etOIUOX.png
    1wu4mV6.png

Got a notification about the Yoda event.
    IQd01jd.png

Thanks for the notification CG I'm heading right there to the event table.
    XpWTy05.png

1d remaining on Yoda. Let's do it.
    g1ea3F7.png

I had already done the four star Yoda event so now I'm doing the fifth.
    3jOUAGH.png

Assembling my Jedi team.
    nGufjCj.png

Mmmm thanks for your help Yoda. I feel the Force. Deep inside.
    uWgdMdF.png

Yoda loves to dodge.
    sj8lhRy.png

Yoda jumping to hit Lumi.
    6O5j1Iw.png

Ahsoka leaping with energy towards Yoda.
    S5upEUh.png

Yoda is an unstoppable force.
    03GMDT9.png

Yoda's basic gives foresight.
    4akjrs5.png

Lumi, Barriss, and JC did well in keeping the team healed throughout the fight.
    Pf1cvoM.png

Yoda nearly dead.
    lyFbYss.png

Finish him QGJ!
    3kswytr.png

Fatality by Barriss!
    AjsA9ii.png

Yoda vanquished. Well done Jedi team!
    lwxZZOr.png

Nice rewards.
    sLMqCcs.png
    SKMBL7I.png

I didn't have the required units for tier 6.
    4mIcU32.png
    AlbNA1L.png

Yoda ready to be activated!
    iiNavkF.png
    j4VJmM7.png

On many long journeys have I gone. And waited, too, for others to return from journeys of their own. Some return; some are broken; some come back so different only their names remain. Yoda travelling through galaxies to appear in my character list.
    ty5zO1U.png
    F4Ix1V0.png
    iDCQFAK.png

Achievement unlocked- Light Side Collection. Thanks Yoda! And how fitting!
    G90rh8D.png

A Savage team with Phasma, Kylo, Sid, and IG86? Sure let's assault them!
    SCLd6hO.png

IG86 terminated.
    Q0mfBoI.png

Phasma terminated.
    A6yZpey.png

Poggle flying towards Vader. Look out!
    gGqxF6f.png

Vader terminated.
    owR0aSm.png

Sid not looking too green.
    4hk6KCA.png

Sid terminated.
    TwBx9Gh.png

Savage terminated.
    p70yIKg.png
    WNvTdSZ.png

Farmed enough EK shards to be able to activate him.
    6lDTKkB.png
    De5eLcE.png

QGJ shards? Sure!
    fhcWf6j.png

QGJ became more agile.
    ZkuRKVS.png
    anqoaSc.png

Thanks for the crystals I need more of them!
    FO4UCz7.png

Today's top 20.
    9MnayNN.png
    3tTUeW0.png
    KH1wMsX.png
    4OUDd0e.png
    O3yGtDc.png
    209n3Nr.png

v3CKVuk.png
    U61KnU2.png
    UdovRZo.png
    NjftBLc.png

Leveled Yoda to 50 to test him out.
    RhR1eIp.png
    x0aDtbk.png

I already had many early gear mats so it was easy to upgrade Yoda's early gear levels.
    PvlBvpN.png
    PErk3of.png
    eJeyhhZ.png
    lXDdBQQ.png
    UNvQUcj.png
    eepTfmy.png
    0UiEZYR.png
    H8mDF8o.png
    m3ouWyG.png

Let's hit rank 2 as I had one last battle remaining.
    RixP3Z1.png

Got Rey to less than half health and RG's taunt came up.
    R5hz9RA.png

Let's get rid of RG.
    h2akhRe.png

QGJ got precision striked.
    NeJ0nLO.png

Bye GS.
    YuFeHlC.png

Rey dodged my attack.
    vVZmz7z.png

Rey terminated, no dodging this mortal wound.
    483faka.png

Yoda big meanie killed my IG88.
    1pT0PM6.png

Yoda dodged my attack.
    Reg5rF6.png

Go Poggle!
    LijmQXp.png

Yoda terminated.
    q9p6McR.png

@BrobiWanKenobi posted something about farming and playing the characters you want.

It seems like the first step for a large portion of the players complaining about Dooku/GS/etc being OP is to turn around and start farming those exact characters as fast as they can, in the hope of becoming more "competitive". That's almost as irritating as your complaining in the first place - by doing so you're selling out strategically and adding even more blandness and imbalance to the meta, perpetuating the cycle of complaining (and increasing the likelihood of the devs to nerf characters unnecessarily).

There are a definitely a few characters I find annoying as **** to play against. I've refused to farm Dooku, Daka, GS and others because their mechanics irritate me (they are not OP) and I'd rather find another way to beat them than fighting fire with fire. I have nothing against people who've farmed those or any characters.

My problem is with people who complain about a character and then try to exploit the character to beat others.

My encouragement:

1. Play with integrity
    - be the change you want to see: if you are challenged/irritated by a character, don't go out and farm them as a first reaction

2. Choose your own path
    - the meta is constantly changing and the best toons today could be irrelevant tomorrow

3. Always be farming at least 1 toon purely for fun
    - it's much more rewarding in the long run

@RJ__Brando made use of Chirpa in his Ewok's team. So nice to see them tear down meta teams!
    https://youtu.be/p4Dgsn5MjnQ

Another teddy group hug video:
    https://youtu.be/EcY4GdYSpw8

And that concludes day 50 of my adventure in space o:)
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Reyia wrote: »
    16 March 2016

Dear Diary, the new update went live today and a few new features were added. Droids fight back became available for android users only. Not fair for iOS users. :( A new Sullust environment was added. Aurodium packs containing Rex were removed from sale. New characters were added to cantina nodes- Chief Chirpa and Old Ben. Ahsoka was buffed and that made her viable. I unlocked Yoda today, yay!!!

Today's login rewards is 40k credits.
    zhXTEnE.png

There was a client restart request.
    I2E9IXt.png

7 MB download for patch.
    bLFseJr.png

New newsletters.
    GO6XMWk.png
    uHhX69Q.png

Training droids were now available for purchase.
    etOIUOX.png
    1wu4mV6.png

Got a notification about the Yoda event.
    IQd01jd.png

Thanks for the notification CG I'm heading right there to the event table.
    XpWTy05.png

1d remaining on Yoda. Let's do it.
    g1ea3F7.png

I had already done the four star Yoda event so now I'm doing the fifth.
    3jOUAGH.png

Assembling my Jedi team.
    nGufjCj.png

Mmmm thanks for your help Yoda. I feel the Force. Deep inside.
    uWgdMdF.png

Yoda loves to dodge.
    sj8lhRy.png

Yoda jumping to hit Lumi.
    6O5j1Iw.png

Ahsoka leaping with energy towards Yoda.
    S5upEUh.png

Yoda is an unstoppable force.
    03GMDT9.png

Yoda's basic gives foresight.
    4akjrs5.png

Lumi, Barriss, and JC did well in keeping the team healed throughout the fight.
    Pf1cvoM.png

Yoda nearly dead.
    lyFbYss.png

Finish him QGJ!
    3kswytr.png

Fatality by Barriss!
    AjsA9ii.png

Yoda vanquished. Well done Jedi team!
    lwxZZOr.png

Nice rewards.
    sLMqCcs.png
    SKMBL7I.png

I didn't have the required units for tier 6.
    4mIcU32.png
    AlbNA1L.png

Yoda ready to be activated!
    iiNavkF.png
    j4VJmM7.png

On many long journeys have I gone. And waited, too, for others to return from journeys of their own. Some return; some are broken; some come back so different only their names remain. Yoda travelling through galaxies to appear in my character list.
    ty5zO1U.png
    F4Ix1V0.png
    iDCQFAK.png

Achievement unlocked- Light Side Collection. Thanks Yoda! And how fitting!
    G90rh8D.png

A Savage team with Phasma, Kylo, Sid, and IG86? Sure let's assault them!
    SCLd6hO.png

IG86 terminated.
    Q0mfBoI.png

Phasma terminated.
    A6yZpey.png

Poggle flying towards Vader. Look out!
    gGqxF6f.png

Vader terminated.
    owR0aSm.png

Sid not looking too green.
    4hk6KCA.png

Sid terminated.
    TwBx9Gh.png

Savage terminated.
    p70yIKg.png
    WNvTdSZ.png

Farmed enough EK shards to be able to activate him.
    6lDTKkB.png
    De5eLcE.png

QGJ shards? Sure!
    fhcWf6j.png

QGJ became more agile.
    ZkuRKVS.png
    anqoaSc.png

Thanks for the crystals I need more of them!
    FO4UCz7.png

Today's top 20.
    9MnayNN.png
    3tTUeW0.png
    KH1wMsX.png
    4OUDd0e.png
    O3yGtDc.png
    209n3Nr.png

v3CKVuk.png
    U61KnU2.png
    UdovRZo.png
    NjftBLc.png

Leveled Yoda to 50 to test him out.
    RhR1eIp.png
    x0aDtbk.png

I already had many early gear mats so it was easy to upgrade Yoda's early gear levels.
    PvlBvpN.png
    PErk3of.png
    eJeyhhZ.png
    lXDdBQQ.png
    UNvQUcj.png
    eepTfmy.png
    0UiEZYR.png
    H8mDF8o.png
    m3ouWyG.png

Let's hit rank 2 as I had one last battle remaining.
    RixP3Z1.png

Got Rey to less than half health and RG's taunt came up.
    R5hz9RA.png

Let's get rid of RG.
    h2akhRe.png

QGJ got precision striked.
    NeJ0nLO.png

Bye GS.
    YuFeHlC.png

Rey dodged my attack.
    vVZmz7z.png

Rey terminated, no dodging this mortal wound.
    483faka.png

Yoda big meanie killed my IG88.
    1pT0PM6.png

Yoda dodged my attack.
    Reg5rF6.png

Go Poggle!
    LijmQXp.png

Yoda terminated.
    q9p6McR.png

@BrobiWanKenobi posted something about farming and playing the characters you want.

It seems like the first step for a large portion of the players complaining about Dooku/GS/etc being OP is to turn around and start farming those exact characters as fast as they can, in the hope of becoming more "competitive". That's almost as irritating as your complaining in the first place - by doing so you're selling out strategically and adding even more blandness and imbalance to the meta, perpetuating the cycle of complaining (and increasing the likelihood of the devs to nerf characters unnecessarily).

There are a definitely a few characters I find annoying as **** to play against. I've refused to farm Dooku, Daka, GS and others because their mechanics irritate me (they are not OP) and I'd rather find another way to beat them than fighting fire with fire. I have nothing against people who've farmed those or any characters.

My problem is with people who complain about a character and then try to exploit the character to beat others.

My encouragement:

1. Play with integrity
    - be the change you want to see: if you are challenged/irritated by a character, don't go out and farm them as a first reaction

2. Choose your own path
    - the meta is constantly changing and the best toons today could be irrelevant tomorrow

3. Always be farming at least 1 toon purely for fun
    - it's much more rewarding in the long run

@RJ__Brando made use of Chirpa in his Ewok's team. So nice to see them tear down meta teams!
    https://youtu.be/p4Dgsn5MjnQ

Another teddy group hug video:
    https://youtu.be/EcY4GdYSpw8

And that concludes day 50 of my adventure in space o:)

Thanks @Reyia!
    I've finally got Chirpa to 6*...slowly but surely
  • @Reyia and @Bryan1986 , hope you guys have seen my at the leaderboards. Reyia, I'm sorry but I had to take down your team twice to reach the top of the ladder. Your droids fought well, but they were no match to my Yoda's countless attacks! Today I finally got to #1 in time for the rewards, so I'm pretty happy about that and I hope to be able to do it more often! Although shortly after my rewards came @Bryan1986 took me down, haha. But yeah, really nice to finally be up there with you guys <3. I'm just sad I didn't beat Reyia for the #1 spot :p.
  • Reyia, hope all is well with you. Are you looking forward to the rebalance tomorrow? I have a complete fully max'ed First Order team at level 76. Can't wait to try it. With the new Advantage I should see more crits than a droid team. Take care!
    Skywalkers true father
  • Gonakin wrote: »
    @Reyia and @Bryan1986 , hope you guys have seen my at the leaderboards. Reyia, I'm sorry but I had to take down your team twice to reach the top of the ladder. Your droids fought well, but they were no match to my Yoda's countless attacks! Today I finally got to #1 in time for the rewards, so I'm pretty happy about that and I hope to be able to do it more often! Although shortly after my rewards came @Bryan1986 took me down, haha. But yeah, really nice to finally be up there with you guys <3. I'm just sad I didn't beat Reyia for the #1 spot :p.

Hey Gonakin.
    FTB
  • Well....that message wasn't all there. Haha
    FTB
  • @Gonakin
    Glad to see you up there in rank with us. What is your payout time? Feel free to msg me anytime you would like if I can help you out. Glad to be able to chat amoung the good members in our server. Haven't heard from Reyia in a while but I know she is still killing it. If I see you in top ranks, I will make it a point to attack around you so I don't knock you back. (Unless it is payout time for me. :smile: ) Our server is getting tougher and tougher man. We gotta stand strong
    FTB
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Hey Reyia nice job as always just popping in say hello how do you like update. I'm not sure myself but games still fun. We are combining 2 shards into a guild have 28 so far if you know of anyone looking send them my way. I better say hello to Bryan while I'm here lol. I'm working on a Vader led empire team of sorts myself my Vader is 5 star but a beast right now 15k culling blades loads of fun. Vader ( lead) Phasma Magmaguard Rg geo attacks great defense still question. 17k health 16k protection plus 15k culling blade. He's a beast lol anyway guild invite if you want hope you guys and gals having as much fun playing as I am . Oh working on Ig 100 now he's better than most people think very usable now.
  • Hey @Reyia and @Jabba
    It's Bryan. Just wanted to inform that I closed old account and started this one with the correct IGN from the game. :smile:
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Bryan_FTB wrote: »
    Hey @Reyia and @Jabba
    It's Bryan. Just wanted to inform that I closed old account and started this one with the correct IGN from the game. :smile:
    You just created a new forum name right you didn't start over I hope
  • @Jabba
    Yes. Just a new forum name
  • Unfortunately, had to start new EA account to change name. No option to do so
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Unfortunately, had to start new EA account to change name. No option to do so

Are you in a guild we have a pretty good one were creating my shard and another are combining we have around 30 so far
  • @Jabba yeah man. I'm in FTB guild. Been in for a couple months now. Thank you very much for the offer though brother. :smile:
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    @Jabba yeah man. I'm in FTB guild. Been in for a couple months now. Thank you very much for the offer though brother. :smile:
    No worries we have 30 committed . We even have some mega whales lol . I have my Vader at 5 star at 6100 power plus . I used a droid caller on him I was able precraft he's unreal . You should be able borrow in dark side missions to test. Why I used it on him with me only having 2 precrafted thought with big force choke would burn down the protection pretty fast and was right he's my best asset now 15 k plus culling blades 16k health 16k protection love it
  • @ Reyias

Hello, after a couple of days reading this i finally got to the end of the thread! :) Great reading and awesome job you´re doing!

Keep up telling us you´re story of both your accounts! Keep´s me even more motivated with the game!

It´s a pity i´m not in you guys server.

Regards from a Portuguese Player. Have fun and enjoy the game!
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    @Reyia I miss the updates, are you still playing? If so are you still using your droids, and successful?