Reyia's Diary

Replies

• Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    That's great comp bro please let me know how you do I'm jealous. I have fisto Leia at 4* be awhile keep luminara in that mix she gets heals now at 138 speed with qui gon lead would use 5 u listed insert her situational
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Bryan1986 wrote: »
    C0VGpDx.jpg

What comp would you guys use with these toons? As you can see, my Tie pilot is growing. Got him to 6 star. I am at a loss what to use....should I get my Phasma, Tie, and Ren in the game to take advantage of the First order advantage and synergy??? My Secura is also 6 star now. I know I can make a good team with every toon unlocked, but I need some good advice. My droids aren't maxed....Hk-47 is 5 star, 86 is 7 star, and 88 5 star. I'm at a loss what to do next

WoW @Bryan1986 u got more toons than most people who play this. Dang I could use a FOTP! He's a massive dps but such a slow grind. U can have multiple teams. Say u make one team first order, then another team Jedi because your huge collection allows u multiple pathways. Even your HK is higher starred than mine lol. And u have a maxed 86. As u already have those three u can just add GS and a taunt such as Poe or Han to make a droid team. There are so many options and u could use all different teams for GW.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    oTradeMark wrote: »
    Reyia wrote: »
    oTradeMark wrote: »
    *edited*.. irrelevant because I didn't realize there were 6 pages on this thread... what a diary =P

@oTradeMark
    Lol I was writing a reply to your post about 20000 in a server then I saw the quote change to edit. Yes that's right there is no 'pause' in the game. If someone just abandon the game and come back a month later the top ranks would already be level 70 and that person would still be the level left before the departure.

Would be better just creating a new account like I did. As u can read it only took like 20 days to reach level 60 and top ranks. Not hard at all. And yes it's now six pages long! It does take a while to load as it's images heavy but a picture is worth a thousand words!

I like it, keep up the Diary entries! I just came to the thread late so I didn't realize it was already 6 pages long.

Glad to know you like my adventures! It started sort of a blog thingie which came as an idea and now many people read as it does help newer players as well and it's fun to see the progress of others.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Hi Guys, been a busy couple of days so have not been able to respond or keep up with the blog updates.

Far out @Bryan1986, you have had some of the best pulls I have ever read! So jealous!!

Sounds like your team is pretty rock solid @Reyia, especially from what Bryan is saying. Makes me regret not buying that droid pack, definitely one of the better value for money packs out there. Ah well, I have only bought the dark side starter pack for this account so keen to keep it ftp and see how far I can go and how well I can keep up. I have been able to get to 4th the past two days without forking out for refreshes so pretty proud of that.

I was going for a first order team long term, have heard pretty good things about Phasma, FOO, FOTP, Kylo and various 5th toons. Was considering swapping out Sid for Kylo for extra HP still with chance for healing block. Medium term I was aiming for Phasma, Kylo, QGJ, Poe and GS but you guys have given me pause to think. I am still a way off 7* GS so have some time before making a decision.

Yea @Giodude2000 I tend to keep my rank nowadays with my team! The droid pack is one of the best pack u could buy. If a free to play player were to buy a single item I would recommend that one. All the characters inside that pack is farmable and it's so easy to climb ranks with just them. Even with the speed meta one can still be competitive as the damage those droids dish out is insane! Sometimes I'm surprised myself seeing huge crits and one shots from my team. Staying at the top ranks reduces your crystal refreshes as the number of ranks that are below or above than can attack u is greatly reduced. Well done to keep yourself up there! It's a very big accomplishment as a completely free to play to be among the P2P and still hold strongly in place.

With synergy a first order team would be pretty strong. GS is one of the easiest toon to farm and I very highly recommend it. Still viable for end game and at level 80 the assist is every turn. One of the best damage dealer out there and can fit any team.

Poe deserves a place in anyone's squad. There is no other tank that can taunt for 2 turns and keep your squishy dps safe. At 5* and gear 8 he's a force to be reckoned with.

QGJ is in his own league. Worth every ability mats, upgrades, and credits.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Jabba wrote: »
    I would run qui gon kit fisto Geonosian Leia kylo should be able handle anything I wish I had that comp ready I'm jealous lol would finish dookoo you will need him abit now for stun but depending who your fighting Imagundi is good as well qui gon lead skill gives u 3 characters who goes before Poe so easily handle that Leia boosts whole teams crits plus she's a assassin against me at times hate dying from her triple shot thingy when she's stealthed geo I'm sure needs no explanation pure assassin kit fisto not sure on speed but high health and has counter kylo will wreck enemy be good for sure you have great mix nice work

Thank you bro. I have been pretty hesitant on who to upgrade next. It is so slow on ability mats. I watch YouTube videos where people will have 400-500 blue and green mats. How TF do they get all of those? I need some purple mats like crazy. I can do Cantina all day and usually get 0-1 purple mat. I wish buying ability mats is an option.....if that was the case, I could really get Kylo, QGJ, and GS up to par. Right now my GS is 3,3,3 abilities. Kylo is at 5,4,3,3. QGJ is 4,5,3,3. Really need some purple mats. I can't get them from Galaxy wars because I can't beat it. Even with all my character, Galaxy wars seems impossible for me to beat. I am facing 7 star, lvl 70 teams from battle one forward. It's rediculous. @reyia. I finished 2nd in Squad arena today. You were in first position, but I didn't attack you. Instead I killed sky walkers father. He has an easy comp to beat.

The blue and green mats are very easy to get and u will easily get excess of them at a later stage. The only hard to get ones are the purple ones. They very rarely drop. The ability challenges give them and most of them will come from cantina. Just do two cantina refreshes daily and hopefully a few drops. Having such a large roster like u do, u will have to make a choice. A select few needs to be chosen and they will be upgraded first. Don't upgrade everyone at once.

I did keep rank 1 for a long time lol. Noone is attacking me. Or maybe many attacked and failed haha. It's okay u can take rank 1. I need it only at 6 pm Australian time. At that time I will snipe and keep attacking till I get it. Yea Skywalkers father is a weak team. I enjoy killing his team and BarryDaTroll.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    That's great comp bro please let me know how you do I'm jealous. I have fisto Leia at 4* be awhile keep luminara in that mix she gets heals now at 138 speed with qui gon lead would use 5 u listed insert her situational

Same I'm jelly too. I'll never have that many toons unlocked and at high stars. Especially all those chromium only ones.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    19 February 2016

Dear Diary, today has all been about Poe and GS! Level 61 was a big stepping stone as it enabled Poe to equip the last piece of equipment in order to upgrade to gear level VIII. That meant Poe gained speed to his maximum of 142 (143 before latest patch which nerfed him). With the speed increase he could go first and taunt for two turns protecting the often fragile team members. That little bug GS got a significant damage boost to his bfg and now can one shot many characters with his assist.

Today's login rewards is 50k credits.
    D0NovY7.png

Huge milestone at level 61.
    fAKxTLz.png

Yellow cross meant gear was available but hero was too low level to equip it.
    Y4i1VCo.png

Thanks to @Qeltar who pointed out to use the bigger training droids first before using the smaller ones.
    CTAQODT.png

The one and Ponly Poe Dameron! What an ace. Not only he stood firm but he's also firm in other aspects.
    ANPtn2d.png

Equip-able gear now!
    GBE6WGy.png

So many refreshes were used to farm this.
    lrh9hwz.png

Ready to become a brave Ace.
    06R9z3E.png

Those who mocked me. If only u could see me now.
    DjJ0All.png

Farmed upper left Poe's gear.
    18VtY1K.png
    hq3bLWf.png
    YqqBAH7.png

Poe's complete stats. Most important one is speed.
    0l5pxR7.png

The bug with a big alien gun. One un equip-able gear.
    8c43G8j.png

Nothing a few credits and droids wouldn't fix.
    nhSjPM6.png
    S2Z8mue.png

Gear changed colour from orange to green.
    ybv8zm8.png

Let's equip that.
    vH5uF0F.png

Anyone want a piece of me? I'll aggressively do some armor penetration with my gun.
    amAsg49.png

Gear VIII GS. Advancing rapidly.
    j1tcIBi.png

Complete GS stats with gear upgrade.
    4Hx9Et9.png

Had a few rare purple ability mats and I chose to upgrade IG88.
    QL2UyAc.png

@Jabba asked me if I wanted to use his poggle. Sure why not so I added the former.
    IBiNBP6.png

1m25s before prize time, will anyone snipe me?
    PdT8m81.png

25s...
    VIkgmB4.png

5s..
    lwMuGF4.png

No? Okay then snipe me in 23h59m.
    cWoOSlE.png

Free energy came at the exact same time as prize.
    GUgH5qV.png

Gees thanks for the rewards.
    bxicXvl.png

Today's top 20.
    P5ufWSy.png
    C512eIg.png
    IndKEr6.png
    t1xRjoL.png
    rSpNE3H.png
    77y8ecJ.png

Here is my complete roster of characters.
    oC8Mzj2.png

@Annastrasza asked What type of player are you?

Sweet plump whale 6%
    Chirpy Dolphin 16%
    Pudgy Tuna 22%
    Tiger Shrimp 34%
    Bottom feeding bacteria 20%

I replied Chirpy Dolphin with the following post.

I'm a dolphin swimming in the endless water with the wind carrying the salty sea scents. I watch birds flying in the crystal clear light blue sky, feel the gentle never ending waves on the skin, and lose myself to everything but that moment.
    CMIAPHA.jpg?1

EA advertising Rex. Who I will never get :'(
    C1hGCJU.png

And that concludes day 24 of my adventure in space o:)

• Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Yea Bryan is absolutely loaded with right cast of characters surprises me gw so hard for him I see full level 70s around 5th battle I been running Qui gon yoda lumi jc and Barris lately for fun get gw done in 30 mins retreat some and have to sub geo Poggle in at times but 3 healers work well I watched video on that from team instinct and ever since no problem gw started from soft launch what maybe 3 months playing have lil over 50 completed but before video gw was difficult 2 fast dps 3 healers been able to start next battles with abilities reset as well the video will show better than me explaining lol I thought my roster was good Bryan kills it hehe I figured out screenshot just need the app loaded share I'm on it will soon.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Yea Bryan is absolutely loaded with right cast of characters surprises me gw so hard for him I see full level 70s around 5th battle I been running Qui gon yoda lumi jc and Barris lately for fun get gw done in 30 mins retreat some and have to sub geo Poggle in at times but 3 healers work well I watched video on that from team instinct and ever since no problem gw started from soft launch what maybe 3 months playing have lil over 50 completed but before video gw was difficult 2 fast dps 3 healers been able to start next battles with abilities reset as well the video will show better than me explaining lol I thought my roster was good Bryan kills it hehe I figured out screenshot just need the app loaded share I'm on it will soon.

It's really easy to share images once you've done it once. To make it easier download the Imgur app, then just upload your pics. They will have links to the images then you can post them in the forum.

Videos can also be shared easily for eg this droid synergy video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM8gMLl6i1o
  • @reyia I hit you twice tonight and couldn't beat you either time. Your Poe wins the battle for you as he tanks so fast for your hard hitting droids. Crazy!!
    FTB
  • Bryan1986
    529 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    @reyia I have a 5 star Rex. He doesn't seem like a good toon tbh. Seems weak. Not sure if he will fit in anywhere with the current Meta
    FTB
  • LSkywalkerr
    105 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Post edited by LSkywalkerr on
  • Another thing to look forward to in the future....when QGJ ability level is maxed, he can give 24 speed to all allies.....not just Jedi allies. That is gonna be a huge advantage.....regardless which team you have. Looking forward to seeing how all that goes. GL everyone. Bedtime for me.
    FTB
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    2qakz7s.png[2ln9rv6.png still learning app post rest tomorrow sleep needed
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Lol tryed something oh well have wait download app I tunes double charged me but reimbursing my money but takes 3 to 10 days I bought a 99.99 vault Thursday charged me twice on same receipt too shared receipt with support they fixed immediately but seems til money back on card I can't load imgur app will share my roster when fixed thought I could bypass but it's a pain in the rear
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    @reyia I hit you twice tonight and couldn't beat you either time. Your Poe wins the battle for you as he tanks so fast for your hard hitting droids. Crazy!!

Serious?! Why can't you? You have ALL characters unlocked, so you can make any team synergy you like! How fast is Poe compared to your dps? There are quite many heroes out there that can move faster. It used to be a dice roll who moved first but now it's strictly according to the speed stat.
    @reyia I have a 5 star Rex. He doesn't seem like a good toon tbh. Seems weak. Not sure if he will fit in anywhere with the current Meta

Rex need clones to work and ATM there aren't too many and they are not that strong. CT5555 is pretty good though with a huge health pool and counters.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member

• Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Another thing to look forward to in the future....when QGJ ability level is maxed, he can give 24 speed to all allies.....not just Jedi allies. That is gonna be a huge advantage.....regardless which team you have. Looking forward to seeing how all that goes. GL everyone. Bedtime for me.

Same, I'm looking forward to his speed ability that makes everyone faster. That's a massive advantage, everyone will be running QGJ!! So better get him to 7* and max gear now! Good night!
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    2qakz7s.png[2ln9rv6.png still learning app post rest tomorrow sleep needed

That's a great start, you are able to post a pic now! Sleep well...

I don't know what's that but it didn't work in my end.
    Lol tryed something oh well have wait download app I tunes double charged me but reimbursing my money but takes 3 to 10 days I bought a 99.99 vault Thursday charged me twice on same receipt too shared receipt with support they fixed immediately but seems til money back on card I can't load imgur app will share my roster when fixed thought I could bypass but it's a pain in the rear

Imgur app is one of the easiest app for image sharing. If it's a credit card it will take a few days for the refund to be processed. I buy iTunes cards to recharge my account when I need to buy vaults of crystals. They are cheaper that way and less of a hassle. We get iTunes sales all the time in Australia through various retailers such as Officeworks, Coles, Woolworths, Target, and other department stores.
  • Blam
    113 posts Member
    Another thing to look forward to in the future....when QGJ ability level is maxed, he can give 24 speed to all allies.....not just Jedi allies. That is gonna be a huge advantage.....regardless which team you have. Looking forward to seeing how all that goes. GL everyone. Bedtime for me.

Same, I'm looking forward to his speed ability that makes everyone faster. That's a massive advantage, everyone will be running QGJ!! So better get him to 7* and max gear now! Good night!

Too powerful. So many people used Phasma because her leader ability could fit in to every team, but where speed is the key to this game right now this would force everyone to use qgj. I have a 7* so at least I won't be left in the dust like I was when Poe came out
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    20 February 2016

Dear Diary, today has been a massive day of promoting existing heroes and activating new characters. Three weeks of buying IG88 shards from GW paid off and I now had a 7* one!! Cantina shipments were used to buy QGJ shards and he was promoted to 5*. All those days of doing hard nodes paid off and I had enough to unlock Luminara. She was classified as an attacker but her healing abilities were phenomenal. An AoE heal plus an additional heal at the start of two turns, wow! AoE meant Area of Effect in case newbies who just started didn't know the meaning. AoE is a term used in this game to describe attacks or other effects that affect multiple targets at once.

Today's login rewards.
    g8Qf9K1.png

97/100 shards of IG88. Hardware upgrade imminent.
    B02j5dq.png

I had 650 arena tokens.
    DqP43EW.png

Would u like IG88 shards? Yes please!
    sot5Skl.png

Shards download complete. Check-sum verified. Initializing hardware upgrade.
    IU40C6Y.png
    aTlsstz.png

Upgrade complete. Single beep. Power On Self Test successful.
    MOssG8B.png

QGJ the meta definer was available for purchase in cantina.
    7C1obhl.png

Who can say no to the one who wields a massive weapon?
    dCuikNj.png

The Force was growing stronger in him.
    17AYajf.png

Agility training paid off.
    YXAtGTb.png

After patiently farming hard nodes in LS 3-D and DS 2-E I obtained 50 shards!
    kSbOkTI.png
    82M3vWS.png

Let the Flow of Force begin.
    hhZRY7S.png

Shine bright like a diamond.
    30Ocbgd.png

Beam me down Scotty.
    xGxAzK1.png

So alive.
    UGn7WVj.png

I saw the life inside your eyes.
    vism1Av.png

Achievement unlocked- Light Side Collection.
    nCVzDdx.png

With the two shards obtained in the above achievement I had enough to unlock the master of the dark side, none other than Vader himself!!
    LByqkHJ.png

Don't underestimate the Force.
    PIepZzf.png

You don't know the power of the dark side!
    p5orvKV.png

Today will be a day long remembered. It has seen the death of Kenobi, and soon the fall of the rebellion.
    9ymLLmd.png

The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force.
    yKS1fiy.png

The force is strong with this one.
    AlvKUIg.png

Achievement unlocked- Dark Side Collection.
    F7AJxH5.png

My new toons looked so cute together. All level one babies.
    mavXTs1.png

Today's challenges were ability mats and INT gear.
    zNoImsU.png

I had 4 purple mats and had 5 choices in upgrades.
    thuMo3R.png
    2C54IXE.png
    rYKzneZ.png
    UKNhRxZ.png
    mUplPay.png

I chose to upgrade HK47 as 5% extra crit chance was invaluable especially in a droid team.
    2IMdgo8.png

I decided to work on Ventress as @cosmicturtle333 loves his nightsisters' team and said lots of good things about them.
    ne2JCzj.png
    0E0DmlL.png
    dBGt6GE.png

I farmed some gear for my GS.
    YgOmjNo.png
    6Occna2.png
    6sujCwL.png
    Ipwdtw9.png

Received rank 1 rewards.
    IcrhsaL.png

Today's top 20.
    NXOeiOU.png
    dqD7MwM.png
    wA6nv18.png
    JsgjnA8.png
    cZhVi7v.png
    afSp5g1.png

I'm not giving up on you Mace! After all those credits I spent leveling and all those cantina farming...
    n4eXogq.png
    Strong enough to do the Mace dance.
    E6fbG3g.png

I gain a level to 62. Was I advancing too rapidly?
    gJXviic.png

Farmed another gear for GS.
    bt6y6cM.png
    dQm4F3U.png
    uFHYiSJ.png

OMG 50 cuffs!!! It's gonna be hard to get that many!
    u002N8t.png

MK8 Holo Lens located. Hostile resistance not expected. Extraction approved.
    2cpP7w1.png
    ZmLQYDq.png

Completing ability mats challenges awarded a few purple mats. Upgraded IG88's ability.

Adaptive Aim Algorithm's software updated to 6.0.
    gk73ZV0.png
    7rRoyEr.png

The last node of my GW was easy.
    QRJq4Qu.png

I used my arena squad for that.
    cAffhZl.png

Cad Bane left standing alone and my team was intact.
    ZP6HDa7.png

Great rewards!
    gOqs0wM.png

The meta has changed so much since the patch update. It used to be get Poe or get Poewned.
    D7711Yx.jpg?1

People complain all day long about characters being OP and the result are nerfs.
    BHIscwe.jpg?1

Poe got so many nerfs it's unreal.

Expose chance reduced by 15% at all ranks
    Reduced Tenacity on Unique ability from 15-35% to 10-22%
    Reduced Tenacity on gear at early Tiers

Was that enough? Nope. Game update did stealth ninja 'adjustments' and were later published.

Poe nerfs at level 70 at max gear.

-23 Strength
    +15 Agility
    -7 Intelligence
    -1 Speed
    -444 Health
    +5% Health Steal
    -15% Tenacity
    +31 Physical Damage
    +9 Armor
    +6 Physical Critical Rating
    -29 Special Damage

Will Jar Jar ever be released in SWGOH? Well I hope so!
    uXTKkb0.jpg

And that concludes day 25 of my adventure in space o:)
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Blam wrote: »

Too powerful. So many people used Phasma because her leader ability could fit in to every team, but where speed is the key to this game right now this would force everyone to use qgj. I have a 7* so at least I won't be left in the dust like I was when Poe came out

Indeed now it seems everyone should have QGJ. He's too great of a hero to be missed. I used to run a Phasma team since I first started playing but not anymore. Poe was a once of its kind phenomena. He made a meta just by being there.
  • Blam
    113 posts Member

Indeed now it seems everyone should have QGJ. He's too great of a hero to be missed. I used to run a Phasma team since I first started playing but not anymore. Poe was a once of its kind phenomena. He made a meta just by being there.

I actually just started using Phasma. The Poe nerf you talk about above is exactly what QGJ has coming if they make him any better. Rise and fall
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I liked playing Galaxy of Poe more than Galaxy of Nerfs.

Poor Poe :'(
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Hey @Reyia, I'm on your server! I don't think we've ever faced before, as during rewards time I'm always on about rank #45 or so, but I did recognize your name from forum post but I had never seen the to #20 you post here. I decided to confirm if it was really you and voiala! Really nice to know someone who plays on the same server as I do :smile: . Good luck laddering and I hope I can take you out of your #1 spot one day :P
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member

I actually just started using Phasma. The Poe nerf you talk about above is exactly what QGJ has coming if they make him any better. Rise and fall

In what ways are you using Phasma now? The former was my first 7* ever in my main account and I used her almost everywhere. Now it seems the speed and damage meta is on, so I'm focusing on getting fast dps heroes stared up.

I used to be able to have at least 1-3 exposed on Poe's first move. Now I see none regularly. The turn meter down was final and unresist-able. Nowadays it can be resisted. That update took away the major abilities of Poe.

QGJ will be nerfed in one way or the other considering the number of increasing posts about him. It's like a cycle certain heroes get used a lot, people complain, and they get nerfed.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    I liked playing Galaxy of Poe more than Galaxy of Nerfs.

Poor Poe :'(

Me too. Bring back the dice roll to see whose Poe started first. Now it's more like do something about Dooku already, Dooku is OP nerf him, and lies about Savage Opress being meta.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Gonakin wrote: »
    Hey @Reyia, I'm on your server! I don't think we've ever faced before, as during rewards time I'm always on about rank #45 or so, but I did recognize your name from forum post but I had never seen the to #20 you post here. I decided to confirm if it was really you and voiala! Really nice to know someone who plays on the same server as I do :smile: . Good luck laddering and I hope I can take you out of your #1 spot one day :P

Hey @Gonakin ! Glad to meet another server mate! We haven't fought each other before as the gap who you can fight diminishes greatly the higher you go. I had a look at the ladder and I see you at rank 60 now with a 3* QGJ leader. Good luck to you too! Sure, can't wait for you to take rank 1!! B)

I'll be right here waiting for you.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_uWS6K-VF8
  • You're thoughtful and hilarious!
    Thanks.