The Perfect Guide for the Perfect Start

Replies

• Izza
    85 posts Member
    @glitzi I would go with @Billcarson66's advice. The classic Rebel + Boba team has a lot to offer at the early stages if you're F2P. It gives you speed and firepower for the Arena, Scoundrels for heists, Pilots for ships, unlocks EP and a decent raid squad to start with. Also, keep a couple of throw away accounts ready so you can scout ahead for a new Arena shard when you're ready to go live.
  • @Izza Are you in my shard on my main? There's a team(currently ranked 21 with your name. ZQGJ, GK, kylo, Yoda, and B2? Guild: RealCantinaChiefs?
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    @Billcarson66 That's me indeed! I'm toying with that squad for a bit of change from Rex. Didn't know we shared the same shard :smile: What rank are you? We have a shard chat on Line, let me know if you'd like to join in.
  • Billcarson66
    852 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I don't have line...I'll have to install that. I'm the man with no name. I think I'm 26 now. Our top 10 is impossible to ever penetrate. I've hit 18 a couple times. Mostly in upper 20's - upper 30's My guild uses discord
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    @Billcarson66 I sent you a PM with my Line ID. Join in and we'll have you in top 10 in no time :smile:
  • glitzi
    11 posts Member
    Izza wrote: »
    @glitzi I would go with @Billcarson66's advice. The classic Rebel + Boba team has a lot to offer at the early stages if you're F2P. It gives you speed and firepower for the Arena, Scoundrels for heists, Pilots for ships, unlocks EP and a decent raid squad to start with. Also, keep a couple of throw away accounts ready so you can scout ahead for a new Arena shard when you're ready to go live.

Thank you.
    So it is 2:1 for classic rebels.
    I still have about 1-2 month Farming ahead of me, so enough Time to decide..

I also wondered if it was smart to go live during double Drops as it would boost my char farming and my gear levels. Or is it more important to start in a newer Arena Shard? What should be my first priority?

• @glitzi that's what made me go live...may 4th double drops.
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    glitzi wrote: »

Thank you.
    So it is 2:1 for classic rebels.
    I still have about 1-2 month Farming ahead of me, so enough Time to decide..

I also wondered if it was smart to go live during double Drops as it would boost my char farming and my gear levels. Or is it more important to start in a newer Arena Shard? What should be my first priority?

@glitzi I farmed Lando to 6* during double drops, and that was while hoarding. Going live during double drops has its ups and downs. You get more resources, but so does your competition. Either way, scouting a new shard is a huge advantage as Bill and I found out. Bill landed a mature shard and had a tough time catching up. I horded a quarter of what he did and landed a brand new shard two days later, and been top 10 ever since. Our levels are on par now.
  • Found someone selling a starter account on eBay with a ton of crystals and a bunch of 7* characters at lvl28. I think he was going to make a whale account but didn't have any time for 2 accounts. Tempting........i wouldn't have minded starting over like that.
  • @Izza what is your line ID as I'm in your shard - I am just behind you in arena rank - Gkeeperz
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    @Izza what is your line ID as I'm in your shard - I am just behind you in arena rank - Gkeeperz

Hey mate, I sent you a PM
  • From what I've seen, If you avoid leveling up and you keep repeating missions you'll end up with a ton of gear and different stuff that's gonna make the game a lot easier. But I think the one thing that always sticks to the back of your mind is getting more crystals to get a great character card. Re-rolling so many times is just plain simply impractical if you really think about it. But, you'll definitely give it a shot to maximize the one chromium pack you get not too long after you start :D:p . Has anyone else resorted to trying to collect shards instead?
    “Happens to every guy sometimes this does”
    – Yoda
  • The missions don't give xp. Hard nodes for shards do, so you will eventually hit level 28 doing that. I spent all my energy to level 27 farming Lando in cantina, and that is it. No point doing LS/DS dailies or anything cause you can't claim them. Marquee events, yes. Hard nodes, no.
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    Chromium packs (after the initial one) do not guarantee a full character. Most of the time it's just a few shards for a character, so not really worth spending crystals on. Mega packs had slightly better value when they gave a better chance at a full R1 character, like Baze. But for 2.5k Crystals, you can buy him off shipments anyway.
  • Is this guide still viable? Arena unlocks at level 28, not 8 like it says in the guide. I have 380 energy at level 7....what should i do?
  • It is a little outdated, but good. Get to level 27 ASAP and stay there until you are ready to go live. When you have your hoarded amount,or are getting close, scout ahead and make sure you get in a new shard.

If it's an old shard like the one I hopped into, you won't have any advantage.
  • glitzi
    11 posts Member
    It is a little outdated, but good. Get to level 27 ASAP and stay there until you are ready to go live. When you have your hoarded amount,or are getting close, scout ahead and make sure you get in a new shard.

If it's an old shard like the one I hopped into, you won't have any advantage.

How new should the Shard in your opinion be?
  • Well, depending on how paitien you want to be, I went live in the 17000's. It ****. First 100 is great, but anything first 1000 would be acceptable. Be sure to wait til after the arena payout so you can do 10 arena battles. Buy an arena refresh if nessessary.
  • glitzi
    11 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Sorry for the accindental double Post.
  • glitzi
    11 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    @Billcarson66 Thank you!

Is there any Fellow hoarder that wants to go live with me in roundabout one month?
  • i think i will hoard until august 5~7 where i think we get a new arena shard.. im hoarding until there.. got a starter rex, so i think its a good start.. i have almost 1500 cantina stored.. im just waiting for any sign that the arena shard is new to start here
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    For those who are scouting ahead, an arena shards fills up at 20k players. As for a rough estimate on current fill rate, it seems to be 2.5k players enter a shard per day (this number is from tests done within the last three months).
  • any reports of the state of current arena shard? anyone scount around?
  • glitzi
    11 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    For those who are scouting ahead, an arena shards fills up at 20k players. As for a rough estimate on current fill rate, it seems to be 2.5k players enter a shard per day (this number is from tests done within the last three months).

Thank you!

@dutorito
    Unfortunately i am on vacation the first two weeks of August, otherwise we could have started together.
  • Jimslip
    34 posts Member
    Is it possible to get Lando and boba before you even get to level 28? I got baze on my draw so just building up now only doing the Lando cantina battle to get exp.
  • Not possible as you would receive too much xp. Just do marquee event/legendary events/flash events. No xp.
  • Jimslip
    34 posts Member
    I'm only level 10 and already have 12 Lando shards so think it might be doable. Boba looks too much though
  • dutorito
    4 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    i did a scout yesterday, actual arena is at about 16k.. so.. i guess we will grab a new shard on the next two days.. if anyone joins the next shard, please report here.
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    Jimslip wrote: »
    Is it possible to get Lando and boba before you even get to level 28? I got baze on my draw so just building up now only doing the Lando cantina battle to get exp.

Unlocking Lando, yes. Boba is impossible without crossing L28. Baze is a great first pull, congratz!
  • Jimslip
    34 posts Member
    Jimslip wrote: »

Unlocking Lando, yes. Boba is impossible without crossing L28. Baze is a great first pull, congratz!

Thanks. I created 5 accounts ready to do re rolls if needed and then got baze first go. Got STH on another one, seriously lucky.

Will use the others to scout the shard when I am ready