The Perfect Guide for the Perfect Start

Replies

• @LordBane452501

Stu here, just made a new login for this account :)

i'm 6am GMT so I doubt anyone will be around then!

How do we sort out payouts etc? It is an interesting idea
  • Got Stormtrooper Han, also 3 star. Should I commit or reroll for Baze or Lando? Also, is 3 star ok or should I roll for 4 stars?
  • LazerboltX wrote: »
    Got Stormtrooper Han, also 3 star. Should I commit or reroll for Baze or Lando? Also, is 3 star ok or should I roll for 4 stars?

Yeah well, the account I am playing with now had no more than a 3* Plo, but I got all the luck of thr world with a, 4* Boba from Bronzium.

StH is rather easy to farm, as is Lando. Baze would be awesome.
  • Stuhnz wrote: »
    @LordBane452501

Stu here, just made a new login for this account :)

i'm 6am GMT so I doubt anyone will be around then!

How do we sort out payouts etc? It is an interesting idea

Yeah well since only rank at payout matters, there is no reason to attack each other outside of payout time. At present in the top five we have as far as I know payouts at 6am gmt, noon gmt and 4pm gmt, so that is ideal :smile:
  • Cool. Right now, while rolling for Baze, I got captain Rex. Rolled about 15 times now, should I stop or go only for Baze? :)
    Cool. Right now, while rolling for Baze, I got captain Rex. Rolled about 15 times now, should I stop or go only for Baze? :)

Rex is still top leader end game (with CLS), but I think he's more than ok to start from as well.
  • Cool. What do you think is the best charecter to start with?
    Cool. What do you think is the best charecter to start with?

Yeah well, I'm still very new myself, but my Boba has saved my arena fight so many times already he deserves a statue B)

Otoh, Dooku at low levels is such a pain: his counter + bonus has often resulted in 4 of mine vs him still being slaughtered.

But I have no idea if either of them comes from Chromium (I got Boba from Bronzium, 4* at that).

Phoenix Squad chars seem pretty solid low level as well: there is at least one full PS team near the top of my shard which I haven't beaten yet due to all their synergies.
  • Right now I've rerolled more than 25 times and im thinking to either go with rex or chirrut. Do you think Baze is worth going for or should i start now?
  • If i start now, should I go for rex or chirrut?
    Right now I've rerolled more than 25 times and im thinking to either go with rex or chirrut. Do you think Baze is worth going for or should i start now?

Probably not because it's not a guarantee and Baze is at 3* anyway.

LazerboltX wrote: »
    If i start now, should I go for rex or chirrut?

I'd say Rex because he's a harder farm and he unlocks at 4* rather than Chirrut who from what I remember what I remember unlocks at 3*.

I have them all (Chaze and Rex) and all are great toons. :)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • is anybody in here who was able to pull wedge as first chromium?
    i did more then 50 rerolls so far (crazy i know..) but never got wedge, so im not sure if he is available anymore..or ever was?..

meanwhile im playing with my rex account, but im asking myself if wedge would be possible..
  • I'll add here what I posted on Reddit as well:
    The one big thing I would suggest adding to the guide is how to perfectly time going from step 0 to step 1. It is actually quite easy:
    • keep at least 2 but better 4 of your rerolling accounts, and level them to 27;
    • when you are ready to go to step 1 (= level play account to level 28), level one of the reroll accounts to 28 first and check for arena rank: when below 100/500/1000 (personal preference), immediately use play account and start going.
    • if rank > 1000, play one arena match with say L1 g1 Ewok (= your worst team possible). This way, your "team" is an easy target for everyone coming after you, so this account will in fact track the size of the shard pretty accurately (tested this). At present, shards fill with 130-150 players per hour.
    • check up on this account every day at least to track shard size.
    • when this reroll account hits arena rank 19k, your other reroll accounts come into play. Use another one as the first reroll account hits 19k, 19.5k, 19.8k, .. depending on how much spare accounts you have and how risk-averse you are.
    • based on these tests, you will get a good idea of actual shard filling time, and thus expected launch of new shard. Keep at least 1 spare account ready to test the waters before launching your play account.
    • hop on a new shard top 20, and enjoy the ride :)

I followed this schedule the past few weeks, and managed to hop on a new shard rank 15 last Monday (a forum buddy I coordinated with actually started at rank 4), leading to 4 nr 1 payouts and 2 nr 3 payouts so far. I only had some 2,5k energy saved, so if you are more patient, as is the buddy I just mentioned, who had 9k, you can outgun the whales for quite some time.

Today, almost 7 days after taking step 1, I'm level 48 (forum buddy is level 52, all others in top are 46-48 as well), with arena team Lando (L, 5), Boba (5), JC (4), STH (4) and Biggs (3*), all maxed gear ofc. Great offense, though somewhat RNG dependent with Lando, defense not ideal (dropping to 10-15 every day). I guess I'm lucky with the shard that atm the top 10 all seem to have different payouts - or at least all different from me :)
  • ok, I'm level 17 with my rex account with the basic characters. am I supposed to have farmed any other good characters at this point or only my good 4 star? Im planning to wait 7 days and get some accounts up to level 17 for testing.
  • You mean 27 right?

I actually think a new shard is about to open or had recently opened. If you are happy with your hoard, please take the steps I listed :-)
  • No offense, but I just don't understand or agree with the reason behind re-rolling. I started a second account 10 days ago without having to dance around creating multiple accounts, and I'm now level 47 and have fully finished the GW for the past 7 days, since I unlocked it. I'm rank 100 in the arena, and am going to be ready for the Emperor Palpatine event in 17 days to unlock him at 5 stars, as well as ready to get Thrawn at 5-7 stars, depending on when he comes back.

One character doesn't make or break the game these days. Just because you have Baze doesn't mean you will auto-win the game. A solid team with good synergy is (much) greater than any individual character. MAYBE when you get to level 85 and need a leg up ... but even then, there are so many powerful characters out there that having character_x doesn't mean you'll break the game.

My advice ... don't care about a starting character. Take whoever comes up and level to 28 in three days, start farming Phoenix Squad, roll through GW every day, get your PS to 7 stars, and then branch off from there. Anything else ... and I do mean anything else ... and you're just wasting time and resources.

Basically after 10 days on my second account, I'm level 47, rank 100, GW finished on auto every day, going to be ready for EP by mid month and Thrawn when he comes back (please be early October!!!), am 2/5 of the way to Yoda, have 3m credits saved up, will be set for mods at level 50, and will have my 5 PS characters all ready to be geared up as they reach the appropriate level.

If you're looking to power level as quickly as possible, PS is way too easy to get and way too powerful for the early-mid level game to even consider any other start to SWGOH, in my opinion. Focus your resources on the 5 characters that will carry you through the game to level 85 as quickly as possible, and don't even worry about anything else ... well, besides your token DS team for R2 - might I recommend Tarkin (he is given to you at 4 stars pretty early), Palpatine (which you can get by focusing on your PS squad), Thrawn (ditto), TFP (easy cantina farm after Hera/Ezra are done), and Magmatrooper (just because he's the easiest Empire character to get in the GW shop, so he'll be easy to get to 7 stars after Zeb).

Anyway, that's a "just my opinion" post.
  • RexusPrimor
    10 posts Member
    edited August 2017

..so, is there anybody who pulled wedge as first pull.. or not?
    im quite sure now you cant pull him as first roll..
  • No offense, but I just don't understand or agree with the reason behind re-rolling. I started a second account 10 days ago without having to dance around creating multiple accounts, and I'm now level 47 and have fully finished the GW for the past 7 days, since I unlocked it. I'm rank 100 in the arena, and am going to be ready for the Emperor Palpatine event in 17 days to unlock him at 5 stars, as well as ready to get Thrawn at 5-7 stars, depending on when he comes back.

One character doesn't make or break the game these days. Just because you have Baze doesn't mean you will auto-win the game. A solid team with good synergy is (much) greater than any individual character. MAYBE when you get to level 85 and need a leg up ... but even then, there are so many powerful characters out there that having character_x doesn't mean you'll break the game.

My advice ... don't care about a starting character. Take whoever comes up and level to 28 in three days, start farming Phoenix Squad, roll through GW every day, get your PS to 7 stars, and then branch off from there. Anything else ... and I do mean anything else ... and you're just wasting time and resources.

Basically after 10 days on my second account, I'm level 47, rank 100, GW finished on auto every day, going to be ready for EP by mid month and Thrawn when he comes back (please be early October!!!), am 2/5 of the way to Yoda, have 3m credits saved up, will be set for mods at level 50, and will have my 5 PS characters all ready to be geared up as they reach the appropriate level.

If you're looking to power level as quickly as possible, PS is way too easy to get and way too powerful for the early-mid level game to even consider any other start to SWGOH, in my opinion. Focus your resources on the 5 characters that will carry you through the game to level 85 as quickly as possible, and don't even worry about anything else ... well, besides your token DS team for R2 - might I recommend Tarkin (he is given to you at 4 stars pretty early), Palpatine (which you can get by focusing on your PS squad), Thrawn (ditto), TFP (easy cantina farm after Hera/Ezra are done), and Magmatrooper (just because he's the easiest Empire character to get in the GW shop, so he'll be easy to get to 7 stars after Zeb).

Anyway, that's a "just my opinion" post.

You are missing the point of a "perfect start"

The point of this post is to gain an advantage early. If you save up enough, you can be a top 5 player and the crystals you earn as a top 5 player vs a top 100 player is significant over time. You sir, will probably honestly never see top 20, unless you spend money to get there.

If you are F2P and want to try to get ahead and be a top 5-10 player. Then using this guide, and rolling a player like Baze at the start, is a huge advantage over others for "arena." The Arena tends to become a new "shard" every 10-15 days or so right now. So your arena shard isn't the same as someone who started a month later, however, a month later, if that player can stay top 5. He will average an extra 300 crystals a day for free. And over a year, that's 100k crystals more than you had, without paying a dime.

That is the point of this guide and the point of also getting a really good Arena player really early, so you can stay competitive, at least until the whales take over. I've stayed 1st place in my Arena for over a month now, that's 500 a day, for 30 days, is 15k crystals. I've spent some yes, but the other top 5 in my shard are ALL whales who have spent probably 5-10k on this game. I've spent 500 max. So this guide does help you get ahead and stay ahead. With the extra crystals I've been able to refresh 9 times a day... 9 refreshes a day, without really loosing any crystals. It also helps me stay ahead in gear, (extra refreshes) and buying some gear that is much needed to stay a top arena team, and now helps me stay 1st in my ship shard. which is even more fleet points.........

so you seriously missed the point of the guide and the rerolling.... getting a Baze or a high end Arena without having to farm them allows you to free up for gear or other toons. It is an advantage.....

The extra crystals help me stay top, which help me get extra crystals, which help me stay on top..... which helps me get extra crystals..... <~~~ see the point
  • [/quote]
    That is the point of this guide and the point of also getting a really good Arena player really early, so you can stay competitive, at least until the whales take over. I've stayed 1st place in my Arena for over a month now, that's 500 a day, for 30 days, is 15k crystals. I've spent some yes, but the other top 5 in my shard are ALL whales who have spent probably 5-10k on this game. I've spent 500 max.
    [/quote]

I find it incredible that in a free game somebody that has spent $500, is having to exploit the system (and that is what we are doing, me too, no judgement), to compete with the 'Big Spenders'. Absolute madness.
  • Hi,
    I've been rerolling for a couple of days and managed to land Baze today.
    I'm now lv8 and not quite sure if I'm supposed to be just hoarding for 10 or so days or just play regularly up to lv26-27 and then start hoarding? Anything specific to focus on if I'm supposed to go for lv26-27?

I've been focusing on Baze mainly but also giving some gear to Royal Guard, Jedi Consular (only healer) and Clone Sergeant - Phase 1 atm.

Thanks in advance!
  • Neysertime wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm now lv8 and not quite sure if I'm supposed to be just hoarding for 10 or so days or just play regularly up to lv26-27 and then start hoarding? Anything specific to focus on if I'm supposed to go for lv26-27?

I've been focusing on Baze mainly but also giving some gear to Royal Guard, Jedi Consular (only healer) and Clone Sergeant - Phase 1 atm.

Thanks in advance!

There are a few schools of thought, you can choose which one best suits you.

1. Level to 27, only hitting the cantina node where you get lando (7-F?), this gives you a 4* lando guaranteed, with some shards to 5* (this is what I did and have 33 shards). You also get 55 shards to unlock Boba.

2. Level to 27 only accepting the quest reward that gives sim tickets daily, this will give you a lot of tickets when you finish hoarding energy and will therefore allow you to blow through your energy really fast. You could however use the crystals you get from daily logins etc. to buy sims.

3. Race to level 27 using all energy and start hoarding earlier. This will give you more hoarded energy faster, but you will not have as much good rewards to use when you choose to start.

4. Do a mixture of above.

Don't worry about gear, credits, ability mats or training droids, you will get loads of all of them in the time you are hoarding.
  • Jimslip wrote: »
    Neysertime wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks in advance!

1. Level to 27, only hitting the cantina node where you get lando (7-F?), this gives you a 4* lando guaranteed, with some shards to 5* (this is what I did and have 33 shards). You also get 55 shards to unlock Boba.

2. Level to 27 only accepting the quest reward that gives sim tickets daily, this will give you a lot of tickets when you finish hoarding energy and will therefore allow you to blow through your energy really fast. You could however use the crystals you get from daily logins etc. to buy sims.

3. Race to level 27 using all energy and start hoarding earlier. This will give you more hoarded energy faster, but you will not have as much good rewards to use when you choose to start.

Don't worry about gear, credits, ability mats or training droids, you will get loads of all of them in the time you are hoarding.

Hey Jim,

thanks for a great reply! I think I will try to go for 1. So I'll clear all cantina stages up to 7-F? (the one which gives you Lando shards) and just farm that with all my cantina energy and hoard regular energy?

Jimslip wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Hey Jim,

thanks for a great reply! I think I will try to go for 1. So I'll clear all cantina stages up to 7-F? (the one which gives you Lando shards) and just farm that with all my cantina energy and hoard regular energy?

Yes although I meant 1-F not 7-F, 7-F won't be open for a long time.
    Jimslip wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Hey Jim,

I believe it's 1-F, I would do 1 and 2. Sims are very important depending how long you hoard... If you plan to hoard for 3 months + ( I did 2 months and still didn't have enough sims) the more sims you have the better. Otherwise you will be sitting in front of your game for 2 days straight - 10-12 hours a day, clicking every 2 minutes for a new battle to try and rush your energy to 0 so you can start collecting.

I hoarded over 10k energy in 2 months, and with about 300 tickets only wasted about half the energy before having to manually play the same things over and over for about 10 hours.

Keep in mind, that with 10k energy, and over 500 spent on the game, I'm still competing for top spot with 4-5 whales who have 30-40 7* characters at the start. save save save..... if you want to stay top 5 without spending anything, you will probably need closer to 20k energy (4-5 months of saving) and enough tickets/gold/items to keep your arena team pegged out.

Follow the adaptive F2P guide along with this and you can do it, just be prepared to prep accordingly.

In my shard I'm seriously the only top 10 player that didn't spend 5-10k+, I buy bundles mostly, just to stay up and give a lot of gold... gold is scarce if you don't spend on it.
  • ZapkaZapZap
    10 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Is there a late game strategy guide?
    Post edited by ZapkaZapZap on
  • Any guess when the next shard starts up? Anyone else waiting on it?

For those who have started recently how does PS vs adaptive look?
  • It comes and goes: in the beginning I crushed PS easily, then around 50 for a few days I couldnt get through that regenerating protection, and now at 55 I can beat them again.
  • PS is up & down. Same as Bane, crushed them for a while then couldn't beat them then beating them again.... probably half to do with the strategy of facing them & that all depends on your own team & gear/mods
    Hi,

Thanks in advance!

How do you have 350 crystals being so low level? I have to play through 3 or 4 missions into Light side part 2 which puts me at level 10 before I have 350 crystals...
  • Tehkno wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks in advance!

How do you have 350 crystals being so low level? I have to play through 3 or 4 missions into Light side part 2 which puts me at level 10 before I have 350 crystals...

The first few rerolls I did, I had to clear normal 1-2 and hard 1 and finish 1 daily mission to get 350 crystals, this would make me around lv6. Make sure to never collect any daily quests since they give 40 exp each, which is quite a lot. Basically never collect anything that gives you exp.

My last 3 rerolls was done when the game gave out 500 crystals as compensation for downtime, thus I only had to clear tutorial to be able to summon.

I am, however, having problems right now since I'm up to lv20, only doing cantina missions and collecting the daily for sim tickets. I might have to stop progressing for a bit and just collect daily energy / cantina for a couple of days to make sure I dont reach lv28 too quickly.