The Perfect Guide for the Perfect Start

Replies

• For gw at level 70+ you dont need deep roster, just Wedge :-)
  • Agree... I’m farming Wedge now and have Biggs almost to 7 star so looking forward to that combo. Also slowly working up to Chaze for more options
  • jloff wrote: »
    Agree... I’m farming Wedge now and have Biggs almost to 7 star so looking forward to that combo. Also slowly working up to Chaze for more options

Yeah me too: unlocked Chirrut yesterday, Baze prolly in a day or three. Curious if they will get me a more structural top 5 in arena. Guess my shard will be filled with wiggs chaze r2 in a little while - too bad for all those poor Phoenix and DN-dark side teams :smile:
  • Thanks @Terand for the advice. I will do. Wish me luck on going for CLS! I'm definitely gonna need it. Just gotta wait now to see when his event pops up next. Hopefully November and at the absolute latest December. Definitely gonna have to work on my patience as well! lol :)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    Thanks @Terand for the advice. I will do. Wish me luck on going for CLS! I'm definitely gonna need it. Just gotta wait now to see when his event pops up next. Hopefully November and at the absolute latest December. Definitely gonna have to work on my patience as well! lol :)

Good luck!
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I'm also planing to start this month... currently at 8k cantina and 23k normal... my payout will be 18.00 cet

@PlanetExpress 23k normal??? geez... hoarding for how long, around 5 months?
    Do or do not...
  • I'm also planing to start this month... currently at 8k cantina and 23k normal... my payout will be 18.00 cet

@PlanetExpress 23k normal??? geez... hoarding for how long, around 5 months?

I startes around 6 months ago... wasn't able to collect every day
    I was quite busy with work so I couldn't start earlier... but so I should be able to get to 55-60 with the stored energy in the first 3 days
  • @PlanetExpress did you join a shard or not yet ? cuz i am hoping not to be with you in the same shard :D
  • Desperado wrote: »
    @PlanetExpress did you join a shard or not yet ? cuz i am hoping not to be with you in the same shard :D

Not jet... I assume that a new one will open tomorrow... if i get a good position, I will take that one, otherwise I'll take the next
  • I helped my brother in law start a fresh account Sunday and he's already at level 32 and doing tier 4 in light side. 1. Chewie is a fixed character. 2. The pack they are talking about is the first pack you can buy that isn't part of the tutorial. He got lucky with a four star Finn drop. So I got him a $10 google play card to get the 4 star Rey. He's also working on Poe in one of the stores. And he's switching to Lando for scoundrel squad instead of gs.
  • @PlanetExpress Let me know then if you joined it, i will stay on hold
  • Ral
    54 posts Member
    Once hitting 28, do you just sim the highest node until you run out of energy? Or manual battle as far as you can? I’m confused as to how you will be able to hit 50+ and still be geared for current level.
  • Ral wrote: »
    Once hitting 28, do you just sim the highest node until you run out of energy? Or manual battle as far as you can? I’m confused as to how you will be able to hit 50+ and still be geared for current level.

As to cantina energy you just burn all of it on the toon you need most (e.g. Lando, Ezra, Old Ben), regular energy I would use (1) to max gear your arena toons (2) to accumulate gear that your arena toons will need in the future, which includes clearing levels but only as far as needed. If you don't need level 5 nodes for the next 15 levels of your arena toons, no need to clear those nodes yet (imo).
  • Ral
    54 posts Member
    Ahh I see, that makes sense. Thank you
  • Terand
    33 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    With the Rey promotion for Android, I was wondering how viable it would be for a F2P (well except for the promo, but I'm spending that $50 for Hearthstone...) to focus on a Resistance team from the start and just try to buy zeta mats for Finn ASAP instead of buying ships. What do you guys think?

(Edit: This would be on an account with 5k normal energy and 1.5k cantina energy saved, so Poe/Finn would be pretty far along early on. Resistance Trooper and Resistance Pilot would be the weak links here)
  • Any updates on state of current shards Arena numbers?

I looked in on Friday and it was over 17,000 so it should be close if not already started for next one.
  • I joined a new shard today at 11.00 a.m cet at rank 15 and am at rank 1 now... my payout is at 19.00 cet
  • I joined a new shard today at 11.00 a.m cet at rank 15 and am at rank 1 now... my payout is at 19.00 cet

Yup just joined same shard as you, I am at 994 to start. Nowhere near the energy reserves you have but I'll get top 10 and maintain top 50 for a long time after I believe.

ign Raveness my payout is 6pm UK time which I think may be same as yours if your CET is Europe time, but no worries.
  • and just seen a whale in the 450's has 5 star Baze+Darth Nialus+B2+lando lol
  • Windscale wrote: »
    I joined a new shard today at 11.00 a.m cet at rank 15 and am at rank 1 now... my payout is at 19.00 cet

Yup just joined same shard as you, I am at 994 to start. Nowhere near the energy reserves you have but I'll get top 10 and maintain top 50 for a long time after I believe.

ign Raveness my payout is 6pm UK time which I think may be same as yours if your CET is Europe time, but no worries.

Good luck mate... currently the top 50 seem quite low... only 2 others with level 40

• Good luck mate... currently the top 50 seem quite low... only 2 others with level 40

Cheers, its just a case of time as less than 2 hours to payout so not sure if Ill have enough battles to get top 10 by then, we shall see.

Think that guy I saw was 4 starts not 5 btw - for some reason was thinking we went to 8 stars lol

• Okay finished the day at payout at 68th with 2 crystal refreshes for 150 crystals, 100 crystal payout.

You have some competition for first though, spotted a number of 7 star teams on my way up the rankings.
  • Thanks... I'll keep am eye out for them... I'm currently at Level 45 and have used up all of my 1000 SIM tickets... still 20k enegry left... this will take a long time to use up
  • Thanks... I'll keep am eye out for them... I'm currently at Level 45 and have used up all of my 1000 SIM tickets... still 20k enegry left... this will take a long time to use up

yup crazy to think all that energy you saved is still only enough to scrape to level 50...
  • Any news on scouting / shard status? Planning on sending a hoarded account this week.
    Do or do not...
  • My guess is sometime on the 23rd will be the next shard. 10/7 then 10/15 so about 8 days or so seems to be the time frame. I haven't confirmed it though
  • Arena now: 3331, 11:49 UTC

Flooded with Madre Talzin >:)

x5GpvQ0.png
  • KorSol
    1 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I lost count of how many times i rolled trying for baze at around 25.
    Still no luck
  • PoeticJumpshot3
    52 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    His pull rate is pretty low. I got him after a good amount of attempts. He wasn't really my initial target tbh. I wanted kylo, wedge, maul, or jyn (even sth). I didn't even know he was possible. The last time I started a reroll was during rogue one's drop, so you could go for the double pulls and I was getting some sick combo's. Eventually I rolled lando/leia and a biggs bronzium that I ran with to number one without even hoarding on, but fleets killed that account for me. I had a lot of st hans or things like old ben and plo koons pulls that i discarded but still have 1 double jedi pull that is at 27 just waiting for now. If jedi become more viable ever again I'll probably wake that account up. I'm pretty intrigued by an early jyn team. I'm grinding guild coins right now trying to unlock her at 27 to see if she's viable before late game to pair with my baze account =). Side benefit of waiting to grind her out is more hoarding time and gear prep which is always nice. My issue is my normal energy is outpacing my cantina energy by a large amount. I'm gonna be closer to 6k normal energy and 1k cantina instead of the recommended 1.5-2k cantina and 5k normal. Focusing cantina refreshes over normal energy is possible, but the exchange would stunt level growth, so I'm not sure how I'll do things yet. Probably just have to play it by feel and shard drop luck.
  • condeducao
    48 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Arena 12553 at 2:20pm UTC

@PoeticJumpshot3 @KorSol I have never seen a Maul or Wedge, they are extremely rare.

Baze sometimes I pull 2 or 3 per day, same for Chirrut, K2 and Jyn.

Leia, STHan, Lando, Ben, Rex, Echo, Mace, Aayla, Fisto are pretty common, and of course the ultra crap ones like Ugh, Lobot, JKG, etc...

I don't think I will ever see a Wedge or Maul, I do this chromium rolling stuff for fun, and never seen those two.
    Post edited by condeducao on