Boba or anakin?

OnJouney
309 posts Member
edited January 2017
Using Baze, Han, Anakin, Wiggs in arena. Everyone is around 10-11 but Anakin. Anakin ist still gear 8. I am really unlucky in getting those furnance... Got a lot of droid caller but no furnance.
Now, would it be better for me to gear up anakin to 9 and then to 10 or should I leave him and go for Boba? Both gear 8 right now.

Replies

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Would you rather farm stun cuffs? Go for Anakin.

Would you rather farm all types of raid gear? Go for Boba.
  • If your priority is arena, go boba.

Anakin only can been seen in zeta QGJ team, nowhere else. Boba can be fit in a lot different teams and a great leader as well.

• Danubiss
    423 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    pchen3082 wrote: »
    If your priority is arena, go boba.

Anakin only can been seen in zeta QGJ team, nowhere else. Boba can be fit in a lot different teams and a great leader as well.

Nowhere else? How sure of that are you? 95% of my arena server run anakin in their squads without a zeta'd qui gon. I myself run anakin without qui gon even present and I am currently ranked #42.
  • Im running anakin in top 10 wiggs team
  • Danubiss wrote: »

Nowhere else? How sure of that are you? 95% of my arena server run anakin in their squads without a zeta'd qui gon. I myself run anakin without qui gon even present and I am currently ranked #42.

I normally rank 1 at my pay out on a year old matured shard, you can check the META statistics how many JKA is in the top 10 squads
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Would you rather farm stun cuffs? Go for Anakin.

Would you rather farm all types of raid gear? Go for Boba.

What do they need to get 10? :worried:
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No or, the answer is and.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    No or, the answer is and.

I'd like to if I had the furnaces...
  • pchen3082 wrote: »
    Danubiss wrote: »

I normally rank 1 at my pay out on a year old matured shard, you can check the META statistics how many JKA is in the top 10 squads

I began playing when the game was launched, suffice it to say my server is a pretty mature one as well. I'm aware of what the META is and how to check top arena teams. I'm telling you what I see on my own server and what I run myself. Thanks.
  • It depends.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member

This is incorrect. I'm on a December server, and run Anakin. I have no QGJ Zeta. But I do finish top 5 every day. He's a beast modded correctly.

However to the OP's question, I would agree with you pchen that Boba is better for arena. Boba is more versatile. But I think his gear table is the worst I've ever dealt with.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    However to the OP's question, I would agree with you pchen that Boba is better for arena. Boba is more versatile. But I think his gear table is the worst I've ever dealt with.
    Truly, boring gear to get since the 8th lvl..
  • Danubiss wrote: »

I began playing when the game was launched, suffice it to say my server is a pretty mature one as well. I'm aware of what the META is and how to check top arena teams. I'm telling you what I see on my own server and what I run myself. Thanks.
    TME
    Don't get me wrong, I wasn't arguing with you, and I was a bit exaggerated about JKA, he can also been seen in the traditional Rex/fuc team, and Ima-GunDi lead Jedi counter team, JKA's issue is he really need some good mods set to make him viable in high end arena, IMO that is some kind of waste (means if you put the mod set on someone else e.g boba, boba can do a better job).

I still sub JKA sometimes to against the ZETA barriss team because I am still trying to gear up the tie pilot, But lMO, JKA is similar to lando

TME
    Don't get me wrong, I wasn't arguing with you, and I was a bit exaggerated about JKA, he can also been seen in the traditional Rex/fuc team, and Ima-GunDi lead Jedi counter team, JKA's issue is he really need some good mods set to make him viable in high end arena, IMO that is some kind of waste (means if you put the mod set on someone else e.g boba, boba can do a better job).

I still sub JKA sometimes to against the ZETA barriss team because I am still trying to gear up the tie pilot, But lMO, JKA is similar to lando

Jka a wildcard imo.

Jka, boba, b2, shore, and a couple others can pretty much fit into any squad.
  • I use both. Boba lead and Anakin under him. Both g11. Ani crits for 18k on his AoE often, he's a beast and can take a wiggs hit and live. He also punishes other teams for taking others out first. They can fit into any squad so get em both. Prioritize Boba since he has a ship and has great utility as a hard counter to many teams. B2 with Boba also good for debuffs and executes

Im top 1 and I use anakin