Qui-Gon and F2P team guide ?

MRFREE2PLAY90
282 posts Member
edited January 2016
So, CG and EA have done something truly amazing offering the majority of their community Qui-Gon finally in cantina shipments and im very happy about this thank you guys appreciated :). I'm now farming Qui-Gon already got him to 2* and gear 7 and wanted to ask about the best viable team to work around him as a F2P guy ?.

This is the team im currently working with Qui-Gon thanks to posters,

Darth Sidious - Lead
Qui-Gon
Geo
Poggle
IG-86

?? :).

It's going to take me a month or two until Qui-Gon goes to 7* but will be 100000000% worth it :).

Any tips guys ?.
Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
Post edited by MRFREE2PLAY90 on

Replies

• I am not fond of full jedi team, but if i have to make one i would be like this - Eath(L), Lumi, QGJ, Ben and Aayla. I like mixed teams and likes of - Sid (L), Poe, QGJ, FOTP and GS/Lumi/Poggle
  • DarthVanio wrote: »
    I am not fond of full jedi team, but if i have to make one i would be like this - Eath(L), Lumi, QGJ, Ben and Aayla. I like mixed teams and likes of - Sid (L), Poe, QGJ, FOTP and GS/Lumi/Poggle

Thank you i shall do this once im done with my A Team :).
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Farm Poggle from GW Shipments and from L/D hard nodes.
    Farm Geonesian Soldier from Canteena 1-A.
    Farm QGJ from Canteena Shipments.

You dont really want a full jedi team. They are too counterable and lacking on damage. By picking up Geo Soldier, you would have 2 call ally specials in your team (GS and QGJ). Grabbing Poggle will give your team offense up, ability block, and Geonesian synergies with Geo Soldier. All 3 (GS, QGJ, and Poggle) are fast, with GS being a turn one hero (143 speed), and QGJ and Poggle being turn 2 heroes.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • MRFREE2PLAY90
    282 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Pilot wrote: »
    Farm Geonesian Soldier from Canteena 1-A.

You dont really want a full jedi team. They are too counterable and lacking on damage. By picking up Geo Soldier, you would have 2 call ally specials in your team (GS and QGJ). Grabbing Poggle will give your team offense up, ability block, and Geonesian synergies with Geo Soldier. All 3 (GS, QGJ, and Poggle) are fast, with GS being a turn one hero (143 speed), and QGJ and Poggle being turn 2 heroes.

I already got geo love him and im farming poggle now thank you. I have darth sidious 7* recommend as leader ?. And im uncertain for last slot IG-86 ?.
  • I have Poggle and am getting QGJ. Am a but worried about the overlap. Once I have QGJ high enough, I am not sure if I really have a use for Poggle anymore since QGJ should give me the offense up buff (which is really Poggle's only use). Only issue I guess is he would give it to me a turn after Poggle would since QGJ relies on an enemy having a buff to remove.
  • If I was gonna go full Jedi, I'd probably try Ina Gun-Di and go for full counterstrikes. Even with QGJ though, you still lack a good way to get Ben and Aayla outside of Chromium packs, so the all-jedi dream remains firmly in the paying players' hands for now. That said, I do like what they did with QGJ and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next!
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • The team I currently run is Sid, Lumi, Poe, GS and Daka. Before the announcement I was on track for a Sid, Poe, IG-86, GS, Poggle team, but now QGJ instead of 86. Also unlocked Dooku today. Too many options!
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I was considering this exact team
  • Pilot wrote: »
    All 3 (GS, QGJ, and Poggle) are fast, with GS being a turn one hero (143 speed), and QGJ and Poggle being turn 2 heroes.

QGJ as leader becomes turn 1 hero (+23 speed).
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Pilot wrote: »

Doesn't QGJ basically make Poggle a little less valuable? I've used Poggle forever in Arena but QGC gets offense up to the whole squad assuming a removable positive status is on the other team. Since most teams taunt or buff first round it would seem to have the opportunity.

Maybe not worth the risk?

Would consider Phasma/QGJ/IG-86/GeoS/Greedo. Would be a pretty nice mix of assist and primary attack damage. I imagine it would be quite annoying.
  • Replace ig86 with poe and you have a fearsome arena team.
  • Darthbinks wrote: »
    Replace ig86 with poe and you have a fearsome arena team.

Agreed
  • Darthbinks wrote: »
    Replace ig86 with poe and you have a fearsome arena team.

Not keen on poe consider him to get a hard nerf as he is breaking game at moment good suggestion though.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Currently I'm farming Kylo and almost get 7stars and use cantina credits for Poe (4stars). I'm not sure if I want to get Qui-Gon and stop upgrade my Poe.

lol not sure if i should stop farming Poe and get Qui-Gon..
  • Song wrote: »
    Currently I'm farming Kylo and almost get 7stars and use cantina credits for Poe (4stars). I'm not sure if I want to get Qui-Gon and stop upgrade my Poe.

I'm farming kilo in cantina too (almost 6* not sure to go for the 7th star), but i'm going for QuiGon instead of Poe because i can feel the NerfHammer for him..

• Ilza
    67 posts Member
    You don't need to build around QGJ, he will work well in pretty much any setup you use him in.
    If you want to run IG-86 and Poggle then you should probably run IG-88 as well in the last slot, otherwise I think there are better options than at least one of those two.
  • ilyanor wrote: »
    Song wrote: »

I'm farming kilo in cantina too (almost 6* not sure to go for the 7th star), but i'm going for QuiGon instead of Poe because i can feel the NerfHammer for him..

Kylo is meh. I got him to 7 stars, max gear at 66. Shouldn't have stopped GS at 2 stars, lol :lol:.

Now doing Luke instead of GS as the returns on farming GS is worthless to me. At least with Luke, I save enough Cantina credits to invest in Daka, QGJ or what have you.

New guys, take it from me, get GS before anyone else in Cantina.
  • Song wrote: »

I'm getting Poe to 5* and then switching over to QGJ. If Poe is indeed nerfed, as long as they don't mess with the turn meter reduction I think he will still be solid. Even at 4* he is putting in solid work for me.