Maul or qgj zeta???

Prev1
Jnbentzel81
442 posts Member
edited January 2017
Can't decide...any input? I don't need qgj zeta for raid, though it would be fun. Thinking more for from an arena standpoint

*edit: I ended up choosing maul. Will test out in arena tonight. Thanks for the input!
Post edited by Jnbentzel81 on

Replies

• Why not save them zetas until you either are sure or new zetas are introduced?
  • Why not save them zetas until you either are sure or new zetas are introduced?

Because by then I'll have 20-40 more. But thanks for your input
  • TronTheKhan
    650 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I've been able to hold position 1 in arena for weeks now due to QGJ Zeta! It is awesome. I forgot to mention I'm holding arena rank 1 without GK. That's how impressive QGJ Zeta is.
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Can't decide...any input? I don't need qgj zeta for raid, though it would be fun. Thinking more for from an arena standpoint

Pretty simple, if you are on a developed server (anything else doesnt really count, as you can run pretty much anything).

Do you have GK? If yes- QGJ is an option. If not? Forget it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I've been able to hold position 1 in arena for weeks now due to QGJ Zeta! It is awesome. I forgot to mention I'm holding arena rank 1 without GK. That's how impressive QGJ Zeta is.

No one have B2?

I can chew thru qgj zeta no problem with him.
  • Kyno wrote: »

No one have B2?

Hence why people should'nt be running QGJ zeta without GK.
  • Petrelli81 wrote: »
    Can't decide...any input? I don't need qgj zeta for raid, though it would be fun. Thinking more for from an arena standpoint

Pretty simple, if you are on a developed server (anything else doesnt really count, as you can run pretty much anything).

I do have him

I do have him

What's simple? I'm on a dec 2016 server.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    I just zeta maul and he is super fun.
    I'm using maul/palpi/gk/sf/anakin
    I'm destroying the chaze teams that would usually take me 4+ minutes, in under 2 minutes now. And the win rate against them is 100% so far.
    Palpi at only 210 (easy) speed, gets a starting speed of 262 and can go before most enemies.
    Even if their tfp or boba is faster, palpi is stealthed so he can't get AB. It's super fun!
  • Kyno wrote: »

No one have B2?

There's about 5 teams in top ten that have B2 on my shard. Sure they beat me when I'm on defense. But as I said I've held Rank 1 for the last couple weeks because of QGJ Zeta. Just have to be diligent.
    Kyno wrote: »

No one have B2?

Hence why people should'nt be running QGJ zeta without GK.

I do just fine without GK. I'd love to have him but he's not an ABSOLUTE MUST for the team to be arena viable.
  • At least on my shard. I don't know how it is on yours. And I'm sure everyone is now gonna whip out the EGO measuring stick because of this.
  • Jetlife wrote: »
    I'm destroying the chaze teams that would usually take me 4+ minutes, in under 2 minutes now. And the win rate against them is 100% so far.
    Palpi at only 210 (easy) speed, gets a starting speed of 262 and can go before most enemies.
    Even if their tfp or boba is faster, palpi is stealthed so he can't get AB. It's super fun!

Thanks!! I'm gonna do it!! My palp could be 225 so with the maul zeta, good god, 280 speed?
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Jetlife wrote: »

Thanks!! I'm gonna do it!! My palp could be 225 so with the maul zeta, good god, 280 speed?

Nice!! Make sure to try to keep 70+ potency on palpi, 80 is great!
    Also something else to think about,
    You might want palpi as fast as possible, but if you can, share some speed with maul, still want palpi to go first in battle but if you can share some speed with maul it would be even better since maul aoe dazes characters and that really helps a lot.

And yes palpi at 225 speed would start battle with 281 speed.
    Do get siths starting speed just take the speed of your sith(after mods) and multiple by 1.25

You might want palpi as fast as possible, but if you can, share some speed with maul, still want palpi to go first in battle but if you can share some speed with maul it would be even better since maul aoe dazes characters and that really helps a lot.

Do get siths starting speed just take the speed of your sith(after mods) and multiple by 1.25

I could have maul up to 180-185 with cc and cd mods.

Are you certain boba can't ab me when I'm stealthed?
  • Maul is way better in arena and I would do him! I haven't moved out of top 5 since doing it.

Maul, Palp, Boba, Shore, Kenobi is my team
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • SNAKEMAN wrote: »
    Maul is way better in arena and I would do him! I haven't moved out of top 5 since doing it.

Maul, Palp, Boba, Shore, Kenobi is my team

I was going to do maul palp boba b2 gk
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    Maul!
  • Eightys
    210 posts Member
    edited January 2017

This is wrong and needs to be corrected more often. The only amount of potency you need is to be equal or slightly greater than your highest opponent's tenacity.

More potency than that and you have too much and you could be enhancing other stats instead.

This is tested and a fact.
  • And to the OP, Maul zeta over QGJ all **** day long.
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    Should I do maul, EP, bobba, tfp, baze? Or sub in gk for bobba or tfp?
  • JJWZP5 wrote: »
    Should I do maul, EP, bobba, tfp, baze? Or sub in gk for bobba or tfp?
    Kenobi for TFP. Kenobi can be your cleanser and stop wiggs combo cause he gives crit immunity after the first crit to any ally.
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Maul zeta all day
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    No I mistyped. Boba can AB, he just can't target you. OP

Palpi at 80 potency works way better than 60 potency. Just play a few rounds and you will see the stun/shock difference.
    And he can work in chirpatine way better at 80+.

Palpi at 80 potency works way better than 60 potency. Just play a few rounds and you will see the stun/shock difference.

Cool, I hope you keep believing that and keep spreading the word about having more potency the better, it'll just make your team easier for us to beat up on.

• Eightys wrote: »

Cool, I hope you keep believing that and keep spreading the word about having more potency the better, it'll just make your team easier for us to beat up on.

I've testep this for a week each with 80 and 60 potency. And what I found out is that at 60 your first round stun may stun 1 bUT on the other I can usually stun 4or5 which means I'm onto shocking teams right away. But hey its cool. Let your stuns not work. :)
  • TommySitt wrote: »

Wiggs, EP, TFP or Boba + an auto taunt like Shore or Baze will crush a QG zeta lead. One guy on my shard uses him, and before I ran empire with GK I used the above deck.

It's easy, TFP goes first and blocks QG to prevent dispel auto taunt, or otherwise block Yoda or JKA. Then, kill QG and shock JKA to prevent tm and foresight when you kill QG. Next, kill JKA while you focus Yoda or Ahsoka, shock remaining Jedi to prevent forsight.

My empire works even better, and I don't even need GK, as I used Boba before I subbed in GK: EP, Shore TFP, B2, GK. TFP blocks whoever, and B2 keeps clearing foresight and other buffs. The QG Jedi squad lacks dps, so if you take away their buffs, they go down rather easily.

If there are players on your shard that have EP, B2, TFP or Boba I wouldn't bother with QG if holding rank is important to you.

I feel like the first empire setup you mentioned would also get destroyed on defense by a qgj zeta just as easily.

Tfp should not be out speeding a yoda on a qgj Zeta squad. Yoda goes first turn and throws up tenacity. Palp, tfp, and boba all pretty much waste thier first turns because they all use an aoe debuff. Then you just start picking em off one by one.