Bring Back the $99.99 Rogue One Pack

Prev1
So I realize that it was "limited time" and even had a countdown timer letting everyone know just how limited time it was, BUT you guys do know you ended it right before many college student get their loans in, right? With a windfall like that $100 suddenly doesn't seem so bad.

I logged on today wondering if by chance it was still running planning on spending if it was, but it is gone (perhaps by a few days, but I wasn't paying attention to it during Christmas and my daughter's New Years Day birthday: money was being spent elsewhere.)

Replies

• It's nice way to celebrate that first 2017 paycheck.
    I was going to buy some iTunes cards but my husband took away all my money and bought some stuff for his truck :(
  • Would be nice to being it back and also allow a second purchase to anyone who had bought it before ;) ... so much better than the first order pack.
    I was going to buy some iTunes cards but my husband took away all my money and bought some stuff for his truck :(

Oh man, that's unfortunate :(

Oh man, that's unfortunate :(
    That happens quite often.
    Thinking of doing some part time gig to stash some swgoh money lolz.

Ya buying real things with money how dare he lol
  • 3Cheers4Tyranny
    2084 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Bigboy2004 wrote: »
    It's nice way to celebrate that first 2017 paycheck.

Ya buying real things with money how dare he lol

REKT lol

My wife has done the same thing: spending money on herself when I was going to spend in the game. I can't bring myself to get mad at her though.
  • Lol one chat on the forum shows a dignified complaint and lack of response issue with the pack and another wants to bring back that same pack lol
    《Belief is not Required》
  • Lol one chat on the forum shows a dignified complaint and lack of response issue with the pack and another wants to bring back that same pack lol

Different packs. This one is $99 for 100% guaranteed content.

The other is a 1199 gem pack that has a false item description.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Lol one chat on the forum shows a dignified complaint and lack of response issue with the pack and another wants to bring back that same pack lol

That other threads I think you are referring to are about the packs you can by for crystals which is different then this pack.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    They should bring it back every week so I can max Cassian lol
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    They should bring it back every week so I can max Cassian lol

Hell to the Yeah!
  • +1
  • JVU420
    429 posts Member
    I would buy it again.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member

If anyone is near a Walmart store, they sell a 4-pack of $10 USD iTunes gift cards for $36 USD (10% off). They are in the cash register aisles. They don't have them in the big gift card display pallet.

• MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Winstar wrote: »

If anyone is near a Walmart store, they sell a 4-pack of $10 USD iTunes gift cards for $36 USD (10% off). They are in the cash register aisles. They don't have them in the big gift card display pallet.

I'd rather pay the extra $4 and go to Target
  • Lol...it will come back...just not for moment...with jyn tourney #2 upon us and cassian tourney #2 following after that (most likely) EA can suck a bit more $ outta player-base... before leveling the playing field and offering the pak again.

If you remember they did offer the force awakens pak at least twice (minus tournaments)

Hope this helps...if you can not let that extra $ burn a hole in your pocket.
  • It's all about utility. For the moment, $100 doesn't have as much utility as it can at other times. It's fine that I missed it, and it will be fine when they roll it back out at a time when $100 has too much utility for me. I'm just saying, it's odd to run it so far past Christmas, the heavy spending time, but not into another possible heavy spending time. And to miss the opportunity for so much more by just a few days...
  • Yes please. Daddy needs to spend. :wink:
  • Bring back the rogue one packs, but fixed. Need chirutt and baze shards
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Maybe it will be back when the DVD is released?
  • Or for $100 I could buy a deluxe edition of a game that would give far more content...
  • I think the point of a pack is to create value, if you don't get to buy it, then the toons become valuable afterwards... much liek the toy industry works, sure some sell for 1k$ but if they sudenetly release a new batch the price would go down

To put it another way if they bring it back then it lowers the value of all other players pack while not really increasing your own, if 3 teams have maxed new rebels in top 10 then they rule if everyone has them then they become obsolete....but on the other hand it does teach some to buy first day in fi they can afford to or farm them for months eventually.... like they got a new ship and 6 characters that rule arena atm -baze/chirut, then jyn rules raid and so on

I don't think there will be another release of the movie pack - maybe next anniversary or on a new movie release

Oh yeah and there's that magic the gathering analogy with the rare cards that they refused to reprint, a lot to be learned from that...

I think 100$ is way to much for me so IDC either way, then again the pack did have some great things so idk...
  • If they bring it back and you bought it the first time can you buy it again and if you can what do you get?

How many shards?
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    If they bring it back and you bought it the first time can you buy it again and if you can what do you get?

How many shards?

Normally packs for actual money are one time only purchase.
  • If they bring it back and you bought it the first time can you buy it again and if you can what do you get?

How many shards?

The pack was shard drops, not character drops, so same amount again (80 jyn, 50 cass n 50 chirr), but as mentionee above, its usually a 1-time thing
  • StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Hansololol wrote: »
    I think the point of a pack is to create value, if you don't get to buy it, then the toons become valuable afterwards... much liek the toy industry works, sure some sell for 1k$ but if they sudenetly release a new batch the price would go down

To put it another way if they bring it back then it lowers the value of all other players pack while not really increasing your own, if 3 teams have maxed new rebels in top 10 then they rule if everyone has them then they become obsolete....but on the other hand it does teach some to buy first day in fi they can afford to or farm them for months eventually.... like they got a new ship and 6 characters that rule arena atm -baze/chirut, then jyn rules raid and so on

I don't think there will be another release of the movie pack - maybe next anniversary or on a new movie release

Oh yeah and there's that magic the gathering analogy with the rare cards that they refused to reprint, a lot to be learned from that...

I think 100$ is way to much for me so IDC either way, then again the pack did have some great things so idk...

There is no need to create value because the people who have it can't get anything from it. They can't sell or trade what they have. It's not like those other things you mentioned because of this. And I'm fairly certain people bought it because they wanted the digital content it represents. No one in their right mind believes these things hold value in the way you were explaining.

The buy while it's out idea creates an impulsory want when they see it. If anything that promotes irreponsible buying. If I were the company, I'd want to offer high dollar items when people are most likely to spend high dollar. Christmas was such a time, as is starts of college semesters and tax return season. As it is now, there is a larger than normal expendable income in the player base and nothing worth spending on.
  • If you're a college student shouldn't you be spending that money on beer?
  • Ppl begging for stuff to spend money on good lord. Well played EA.. Well played
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    So is it gone? I am still getting pop-ups to buy it even though I bought it a while a go.
  • $100 is a lot