To start a new Heroic guild? Or to join an existing one?

Hey folks. I seek your input. I'm a lvl 85 player who has done some heroic with my guild but should probably be in a guild that is doing heroic only (or heroic rancor and normal AAT). I do love my guildies, but we have a very casual guild, and that means we are lucky to get 30 people in on a raid. Our leader can't be very active because of his profession, and some of the higher level guild members are in the same bind that I'm in which is we need to rewards from heroic raids to continue to make good progress gear wise, etc.

One of my guild buddies left his old guild because it was way too..."by the book" for him. While I'm a pretty avid player, I see advantages to establishing a new heroic guild whereby the culture is you play hard, but don't stress about psychotic rules (and maybe have enough high level players to where not everyone necessarily needs to contribute every time, can enjoy the sunshine outside, etc xD). With that being said, I feel like maybe the guilds that are doing the constant heroic raiding don't see that many players leave their guild, and so getting a heroic guild established might take quite a while???

So basically my bind is, for better chance at faster game progression/gearing, should I:

a.) Create a new guild of higher level heroic players with a chill but active atmosphere.
b.) Join an already established guild that has been at it for some time.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Obviously your current guild is not working for you. And you can't play the game the way you want to.

Gather like minded guildies and leave
  • Create a new guild i reckon. It's fun pulling the strings
  • I think you just need to find the right guild. Mine is one that doesn't have a 0 damage rule we do use the line app and we alternate who gets to do phase 1 in rancor. Currently building for heroic tank. You can PM me if interested in joining us. I am the leader but would be willing to make you officer.
  • Find the right guild. I could tell you how great mine is but you aren't asking for that. A guild should have expectations but keep
    In mind that this is a game and fun should be the centerpiece.
  • Both are good options, it really just depends on whether you're up for managing & running a guild.
    If you've got a bunch of members in your current guild wanting to transition up then you could probably start your own guild without too much trouble
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I would say join an existing guild.

Most established guilds have some clear picture of who they are and you can without too much work find one that suits your needs.

Many of the bigger guilds have sub guilds that are well managed but not looking to do anything but play the game.
  • Hello, you can join our guild as we do heroic Rancor with 0 pts register and normal AAT with p1 register. You can see if our bunch of heroes suits you to have fun in game :-) my ID 896476875. Im officer and play from may 2016. our guild is quite helpful and no drama :-)
  • I recommend you join one. Making a new one will take a lot of time and effort.
  • It's extremely hard to make a new guild, simply because of the lack of available players. By now most people have guilds, so you won't see anyone like level 85 joining
  • Oh no OP, You guys were so close last time I helped your guild finish a heroic rancor raid, you guys were only 7% away... is it just you or a few people? Our guild is full right now, but PM me your swgoh page and I'll ask our leader if we can make room.
  • IrishMilan
    9 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    An option not yet discussed is to merge with a guild in the similar boat.
    I was going to try to take my guild in this direction. We have 20-30 regularly active players and only a few heavy hitters. Merging might allow both guilds to do regular heroic Rancor Raids and allow lower player to build at a more comfortable place until ready to move over to the stronger of the two guilds.
    Send me a on if you'd like to discuss this.
  • More than likely you should find a guild that has rules you can deal with. Any guild that is consistently doing heroic raids pit and tank or pit and tank normal will have daily energy requirements. It scomes down to 600 daily guild contributions to get your tickets if you're not getting the 50/50 600 tickets you're going to be raiding on a less consistent and/or frequent schedule. In terms of raid participation depending on how well geared your members are 10+ people can easily complete heroic pit with 1-2 parties a peice if they have the right charters. For heroic aat that requires everyone in the guild to be working together toward that goal.
  • I'm lvl 85 and having same issue in my guild...