A Message to the Devs and Community from a Semi-P2P Player

1234568Next

Replies

• DraxalArmadine
    106 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    unconstructive post edited.

• oTradeMark wrote: »
    This is an easy 5-10 QGJ shard a day Cantina shipment farmable character. You have to be able to see how some big spenders would understandably be upset that one of their $1500+ exclusive characters is now a F2P character you can 6* in a month and 7* in 44 days. (120 Cantina Energy + 2 Refreshes per day = 600 coins or ~7.5 shards per day)

QGJ is not an easy 5-10 shards per day char.

A char requires 330 shards. And you need about 42 enery per shard. So you need 14000 (actually 13894) energy.

You get 120 free per day. So farming it free takes 116 days.

Refresh once a day for 240 a day and it takes 58 days - two months if you don't miss playing a single day. About $45 in Crystals.

If you refresh a third time you get 360 energy or 39 days. If you start today, you crown it late March. You spend 300 x 39 = $75.

If you refresh a fourth time (at 400 Crystals) you have it in 29 days, and need 700 Crystals per day for $140.

If you refresh at 800 per day you have it in 23 days and you need 1500 Crystals per day, total of 34k crystals or about $220.

If you refresh at 1600 (yes, 1600) you have it in 19 days and pay $500.

See how it's never instantaneous and never "free"?

Now, if you have $1200, you click Open for 5 mins and have the char at 6 to 7* right now, immediately along with 4-5 other chars at 5-7 and also many additional shards.

I wanted to share thenlogic I see in thenpricing structure. Nothing is easy to farm when you want it right away.

The game CURRENCY is not $, it is TIME.

Very nice constructive post!
  • Is it just me or did my thread get merged with some other thread? None of the recent responses make any sense but I swear I read them on another thread. Maybe it's just my view of the forums...
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    It got merged. It makes the thread very disjointed.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    @Preemo_Magin nice post...i want to add in that if you farm those GS/Kylo/Finn in Cantina you can get 7stars in 2months and along with QGJ from cantina credits .

I want to confirm.. that to get 330shards i refilled 1 time per day. My Kylo is 6stars 84/100 and i have been farming since it was released. ofc i missed some refill in the beginning...
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    P2P and P2W still have a significant edge over F2P. Keep in mind, they will release new characters and F2P will always be catching up to the new meta. I see where you're coming from, but I think this is a really good compromise. Let's say they put Rey, Leia, FOTP, and Old Ben in cantina shipments tomorrow... F2P could still only get 1 of those characters to 7* in 2 months (by my estimation). It would give the game more diversity and P2W and P2P are still way ahead of the curve. By the time F2P could farm 2 or 3, I expect a bunch of new characters to get released
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    l3end3r wrote: »
    P2P and P2W still have a significant edge over F2P. Keep in mind, they will release new characters and F2P will always be catching up to the new meta. I see where you're coming from, but I think this is a really good compromise. Let's say they put Rey, Leia, FOTP, and Old Ben in cantina shipments tomorrow... F2P could still only get 1 of those characters to 7* in 2 months (by my estimation). It would give the game more diversity and P2W and P2P are still way ahead of the curve. By the time F2P could farm 2 or 3, I expect a bunch of new characters to get released

@l3end3r go read Preemo_Magin post? go read it again.. They spent a lot of money of course they ahead of the curve........smh. This game is not FREE..

F2P = assumed if you refilled 1 time you can have a 7stars in 58days . spent nothing.

P2P = refilled 4 times a day and get it in 29days and need to spent $140

P2W = spend $1000 to unlocked from the pack.. and other heroes..