2.4 million damage in heroic ATT with resistance team

Smapty
1260 posts Member
Only my first attempt with this group since I put the zeta on Finn... and they did pretty well!

This was in phase 2... I feel like I can push the damage a good bit higher with future attempts.

It's a fun alternative for those looking for something new and effective in the tank raid.

0BR1Ho3.jpg

Replies

• Nice work Fam! Resistance is back. #FN-2187 is a traitor!
  • Well done!
  • Any chance of a video? Id love to see it in action
  • I too would love to see a video. How does it fair in arena?
  • video? please...much to learn I have
  • Wow nice... thanks for another reason to farm resistance.

Just wondering, how the heck did resistance trooper end up doing more damage than Rey?
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Ky10Ren wrote: »
    Wow nice... thanks for another reason to farm resistance.

Just wondering, how the heck did resistance trooper end up doing more damage than Rey?

I was wondering that too, my guess is she kept getting debuffs
  • Ky10Ren wrote: »

Trooper gains 55% TM when anyone gets exposed and zeta finn give 35% anytime an exposed enemy is hit so he likely just took way more turns then Rey

• Allenb60 wrote: »

Probably that with the combination of Resistance trooper being able to spam his ability every 2 turns, assuming he always uses it on an exposed enemy (with 4 toons that can apply expose this is probbaly possible)

I would still like to see some footage to see if that assumption is correct though.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Allenb60 wrote: »

RT gains 55% TM whenever someone becomes exposed. The whole team gains TM whenever an exposed enemy is attacked. RT would be getting almost twice as many turns as most people with this set up. Anytime theres more than 1 expose up, RT gets full TM and goes. And add to that RT can also expose on his basic (65% chance to essentially gain 55% TM). Then when the exposes are triggered, the whole team gains TM and cooldown refreshes. RT's special can hit pretty hard, but the damage is coming from sheer number of turns.

Same goes for RP, who usually hits pretty low who only has ~200k less damage than Rey. RP's unique also allows for TM gain outside of Finn'z Zeta. You wouldn't really see that much damage from RP if she wasn't gaining a little more TM than expected. All around I love this squad, but I don't have the resources to build them up sadly.

Probably that with the combination of Resistance trooper being able to spam his ability every 2 turns, assuming he always uses it on an exposed enemy (with 4 toons that can apply expose this is probbaly possible)

I would still like to see some footage to see if that assumption is correct though.

Being able to spam his ability is only so useful. Whenever an exposed enemy is attacked all resistance characters get their ability cooldowns reduced by 1 and gain 35% TM. Everyone can effectively spam everything because they don't really have cooldowns. Rey will be able to spam just as much as RT, but RT will be going twice as often thanks to his unique.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

RT gains 55% TM whenever someone becomes exposed. The whole team gains TM whenever an exposed enemy is attacked. RT would be getting almost twice as many turns as most people with this set up. Anytime theres more than 1 expose up, RT gets full TM and goes. And add to that RT can also expose on his basic (65% chance to essentially gain 55% TM). Then when the exposes are triggered, the whole team gains TM and cooldown refreshes. RT's special can hit pretty hard, but the damage is coming from sheer number of turns.

Same goes for RP, who usually hits pretty low who only has ~200k less damage than Rey. RP's unique also allows for TM gain outside of Finn'z Zeta. You wouldn't really see that much damage from RP if she wasn't gaining a little more TM than expected. All around I love this squad, but I don't have the resources to build them up sadly.

Still, I would expect Rey to deal maybe double or triple the damage of resistance trooper on average per turn? I'm in the same position though, I don't have them in a good enough state to confirm or deny anything
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member

Still, I would expect Rey to deal maybe double or triple the damage of resistance trooper on average per turn? I'm in the same position though, I don't have them in a good enough state to confirm or deny anything

You're severely underestimating how good a 55% TM gain is, and it's not like RT hits like a chump.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    MBL_66 wrote: »

You're severely underestimating how good a 55% TM gain is, and it's not like RT hits like a chump.

This. 55% TM for every time anyone becomes exposed is HUGE. Especially with multiple exposing characters. RT could potentially be going 3x more than the rest of the team. Plus, RT's special hits fairly hard and only has a 2 turn cooldown if the target is under a negative status effect. Which is basically free if you hit an exposed target and also expose someone (which RT can do with his basic). RT is a TM champ with all these exposes before the exposes are even triggered.
  • Post like this (and like post for FOO ) makes me think that all posts for balance are just whining - there is some kind of balance obviously. Of course some fraction are better, but we cannot expect CG to release rework/new toons for all fractions at same time. Main problem is still gear crunch because does not allow luxury for many players to test different types of teams....maybe it will be better if increase gear drop rates and add more often new gear levels...
  • In answer to the arena question, I've fought most of this team (Ventress instead of Rey). I've won twice and lost once. One of my victories I was left with Sun Fac v Finn & with my defeat after about a minute Smaptys team went **** & I barely got another move!!!
  • Oh, for some reason it doesn't like the word c-r-a-c-k-e-r-s
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    So what gear levels and mods are we talking here?
    I've got all the resistance at 7* and level 80-85 (no zeta ability yet, working on the ships to get a steady stream of them).
    My guild is still on normal AAT raid and while my resistance guys do Ok (about 500,000 is top damage I've had them reach) it's nowhere near that.
    Is the Zeta that big of a game changer?
    And what about strategy?
    Do you topple or not?

More information would be helpful.
  • Jay_cube1 wrote: »
    Nice work Fam! Resistance is back. #FN-2187 is a traitor!

"Fam" needs to go away. Just like the people that say it.
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    With all the TM up, do you still need crazy speed mods?
  • Jay_cube1 wrote: »
    Nice work Fam! Resistance is back. #FN-2187 is a traitor!

"Fam" needs to go away. Just like the people that say it.

No love. The disrespect is real.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Zeta Finn?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • dont forget that RT can drop a slow with his special so the tank is likely perma slowed
  • Henchman805
    317 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm not sure if I beleive this was heroic the score is so close to a maxed resistance team hitting a P2 aat on t6 it's really scary
  • Trooper did more damage than Rey? x.X
    Travelling through Hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops, boy!