Star WArs Galaxy of Heroes game model

I believe this game model may be apparent. They will continue increasing the level cap forever in order to get people to buy constantly to increase levels and buy credit packs to increase their characters levels. I was only level 60 for a short time before the level 70 cap. Now i see they are planning a level 90 cap already. I just wonder if they're working on the flaws in the game and adding new content or are they working on the level 90 level cap because constantly raising the level cap gets people to spend more money.
After maxing level 60 which i had spent around $400 to do. I quit spending money on the game but with the new level cap i spent $200 and am now level 68 and I'm down to less than 1000 crystals but still have 3 million gold saved from buying credits and I wont be spending again until the next level cap increase most likely.
I feel like they should stop with this level cap stuff and start working on bugs and increasing things to do inside the game. For a while I'll not be able to play the game as much because my energy will go instantly (i have over a 1000 sim tickets) which only leaves challenges, the arena, and galactic war each day which is like an hour of play. I'd like something new that takes another 30 minutes that gives decent rewards.

Replies

• +1............ +10000000000000
  • Ardychun wrote: »
    i spent $200 and am now level 68 and I'm down to less than 1000 crystals .

What did you spend your 30k crystals on? You bought credits and what else?
  • Energy up to 400 and a X8 chromium which reminded me why i hate chromium packs.
  • Ardychun wrote: »
    I believe this game model may be apparent. They will continue increasing the level cap forever in order to get people to buy constantly to increase levels and buy credit packs to increase their characters levels. I was only level 60 for a short time before the level 70 cap. Now i see they are planning a level 90 cap already. I just wonder if they're working on the flaws in the game and adding new content or are they working on the level 90 level cap because constantly raising the level cap gets people to spend more money.
    After maxing level 60 which i had spent around $400 to do. I quit spending money on the game but with the new level cap i spent $200 and am now level 68 and I'm down to less than 1000 crystals but still have 3 million gold saved from buying credits and I wont be spending again until the next level cap increase most likely.
    I feel like they should stop with this level cap stuff and start working on bugs and increasing things to do inside the game. For a while I'll not be able to play the game as much because my energy will go instantly (i have over a 1000 sim tickets) which only leaves challenges, the arena, and galactic war each day which is like an hour of play. I'd like something new that takes another 30 minutes that gives decent rewards.

That is indeed the clear model (they want to either wipe out all the f2p/minimal spenders or hope they are addicted enough they will start kicking in more cash just to try and somewhat keep pace)

The game model will continue that way if people keep forking out cash even while seemingly complaining about it like you are. What is their incentive to not keep bumping up the level cap if they know people like you are going to go fork out another couple hundred bucks each time they do it? I mean do you not see what you're saying there? You say you want them to stop it but you're then saying you are going to be there to hand them your cash when they did it the next time. Why would a company who surely has many people being the same way ever change their model?

• If you plan to spend money every time they increase the cap, you aren't really giving them any incentive to not do that.

I haven't spent money since I turned $60 worth of crystals into $0 worth of chromium garbage drops. But hey, lesson learned! Now I just use the crystals the game gives me on recharges. Sigh.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    If they hold off any level increase until summer id be pretty happy. Hope others feel the same. People complain about seeing the same toons in arena and GW. Increasing the level cap too early makes this worse.